child support

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Note: this is NOT another thread to talk about abortion

So my cousin (age 20) decided to let his boys swim a few months ago, and the girl is pregnant. He says theres no way hes going to marry her or anything, and she said shes going to keep it. He will likly wind up paying child support. Now it is her choice to keep it or abort it. This raises the question...

If its COMPLETLY her choice to keep the baby, shouldn't it be COMPLETLY her responsibuility, and hence, not require my cousin to pay child support?

My crazy grandma thought this up, and honestly I dont know what to think of it. Ofcourse I had to agree with her at the time, or else I wouldn't get any dessert christmass eve.

I mean, it is her choice to keep or abort it, and she will 99% chance get to live with the kid. Also, in todays America when it comes to this stuff, the dad is basically just a sperm donor. On the other hand, no child support will make it difficult on the mom to raise the kid.

Its a messed up situation, so remember to cover the stump before you hump. :thumbsup:

I'm on the metaphorical fence. :blink:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
eh, i'd have to say it's his responsibility too since he took that chance by not wrapping it up. takes two to tango.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
You can't hold someone liable for NOT having an abortion, especially with the government we have now. HE fucked her, it's his responsibility whether he wants it now or not. Either way, in the eyes of the state, he will be a child support payin mofo. And I agree with you- CSEA is not concerned with a man being a father- just a sperm and cash donor. My child support is always paid, but when there is an issue with MY visitation rights, who gets my back?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
eh, i'd have to say it's his responsibility too since he took that chance by not wrapping it up. takes two to tango.
Agreed. As far as I'm concerned he is just as liable/responsible as she is.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree he is just as responsible, but if he is going to be just as responsible I believe he should have a say JUST as much as the women. I think it is dumb that women get basically 100% say on what is to happen with a kid. If she chooses to keep it, her choice, live with it, and dont expect the man to pay for it. I think it is bogus that women usually get to keep the kids and they basically can do what they want with it. I am not saying I am against child support, because I am for it, I just think that men should have a bigger role it deciding issues.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I agree he is just as responsible, but if he is going to be just as responsible I believe he should have a say JUST as much as the women. I think it is dumb that women get basically 100% say on what is to happen with a kid. If she chooses to keep it, her choice, live with it, and dont expect the man to pay for it. I think it is bogus that women usually get to keep the kids and they basically can do what they want with it. I am not saying I am against child support, because I am for it, I just think that men should have a bigger role it deciding issues.
:goodpost:

This is one of those situations where everything will have a down side.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about the inherint (sp?) risks involved with getting an abortion? Why should the women have the possibility of any, or all of the below, when she can have a child, and avoid them? Male should still be responsible no matter what... he knew when bustin unwrapped his inherient risks, and he was willing to take them for the few seconds of pleasure.

Most Probable Side Effects
Intense Bleeding
Placental, Uteral, or Cervical Infenction or Rupture
Reduced Fertility
Breast Cancer Common Abortion Side Effects
Infertility, Cervical Laceration, Uncontrollable blood clotting, Severe hemorrhage, Seizures, Coma, Cancer, Death
Adams​

tattoopierced1

its his responsability too...thats a lame ass excuse saying "well its her responsability"...your buddy needs to grow some balls and man up and take care of his child.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
agreed on the father having more say in the matter but regardless of the situation, he should still have to (and will) pay child support. it's a simple decision he made and now he has to live with the consequences. for every action there is a reaction. he knew damn well what would happen if he didn't wear a condom and now he's trying to weasel out of it as if he never played a central role in this situation? :rolleyes:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
From reading the responses of others and and taking into account my own feelings on the matter, this is a non-issue. He should definately be responsible for child support and he will be. That is if she pushes the matter in the courts and gets a court order for child support. Of course there are deadbeats out there who don't pay regardless of what the law says. Maybe he should have thought of the consequences BEFORE he knocked her up.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
it's a moo point now. we've got nate on board :)

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
If its COMPLETLY her choice to keep the baby, shouldn't it be COMPLETLY her responsibuility, and hence, not require my cousin to pay child support? :blink:
It was COMPLETELY your cousin's decision to have sex with her or not. So by this logic, shouldn't it be COMPLETELY his responsibility?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
He nailed her without protection, which Im sure is a risk many of us have taken in the heat of the moment. You're playing russian rouletter when you do that, and you have to pay the consequences if and when you get burned.

Thing is, knowing full well how stressfull and shitty it can be to have a kid that young and in that situation with someone you're not in love with, is even MORE reason to be extra careful.

BV