PayPal Spam Warning

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I received this message on an account that I have not used PayPal on. I received it previously on an account that I had used, but deleted it still. Just a warning to all here not to even hit the link and certainly, if you do, or did, do not provide any personal information.
PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of customers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

We are contacting you because on 10 Dec 2005 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require some additional information from you for the following reason:

We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen, or that there were additional problems with your card.

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary suspension.

To securely confirm your PayPal information please click on the link bellow:

*****LINK REMOVED*****

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.

For more information about how to protect your account please visit PayPal Security Center. We apologize for any incovenience this may cause, and we apriciate your assistance in helping us to maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal system.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
It even came with a very legitimate header logo (see attached).

BTW...look at the spelling of the word "appreciate" in the last sentence.

Attachments

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Good advice.

Also Pay Pal always sends the email addressed to the name on the account. The scam emails come addressed to Pay Pal account holder or something similar.

Never go through a link to Pay Pal, Western Union, Your bank etc.

CROWLER

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I like to respond to the phoney site, with a bunch of garbage. I put in fake email addresses, fake passwords, etc.

If everybody did the same, it would throw a monkey wrench into their phishing scam.

Also, make sure you report the fake site to PayPal as well.

-Tinytoad

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thing is that if you hit the link they have confirmation of a legitimate 'IP' address and now sell it for more...you guessed it...SPAM.

50joe

Awards
  • Established
I get those a lot, even on my real email acct. I just got one that was different then usual,
---------------------------------------------------------
Dear PayPal member,

This email confirms that you have paid OMEGAMOVE ([email protected]) $395.85 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL OMEGAMOVE".

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents
Item Name: Omega Constellation Men Watch - mint
Quantity: 1
Total: $380.85 USD

Cart Subtotal: $380.85 USD
Sales Tax: $15.00 USD
Cart Total: $395.85 USD

Shipping Information

Shipping Info: James Dickinson
184 Hadley Dr.
Chicago, IL 60614
United States
Address Status: Unconfirmed
If you haven't a

------------------------------------

and that was the beginning of it. for a second i was like WHAT!!? then i checked my acct and it was fine haha.

Then it had a link to login to paypal at the end, but it was to a different address :icon_lol:

idiots. Its not even an ebay seller

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I get those a lot, even on my real email acct. I just got one that was different then usual,
---------------------------------------------------------
Dear PayPal member,

This email confirms that you have paid OMEGAMOVE ([email protected]) $395.85 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL OMEGAMOVE".

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents
Item Name: Omega Constellation Men Watch - mint
Quantity: 1
Total: $380.85 USD

Cart Subtotal: $380.85 USD
Sales Tax: $15.00 USD
Cart Total: $395.85 USD

Shipping Information

Shipping Info: James Dickinson
184 Hadley Dr.
Chicago, IL 60614
United States
Address Status: Unconfirmed
If you haven't a

------------------------------------

and that was the beginning of it. for a second i was like WHAT!!? then i checked my acct and it was fine haha.

Then it had a link to login to paypal at the end, but it was to a different address :icon_lol:

idiots. Its not even an ebay seller

Yep see how it starts with Dear Pay Pal Member.

First tip off it is a fake.

CROWLER

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Oh ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried to donate to this site a couple days ago and it wouldn't go through. I know for a fact i had all my info in correctly, and it was on the pay pal thing, did i get ripped, will i have a huge ass bill on my card. Or can they only get you during the email conformation

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I don't really understand your question.

Are you saying you tried to donate on THIS site (Anabolic Minds)? If so then you are fine.

CROWLER

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Ya it was to this site.
My new credit cards in the mail so when it gets here ill give donating another try.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I'm not gonna lie, I fell victim to this paypal scam. However, I very quickly realized this and canceled my card. Plus, I have some sort of fraud protection on my SSN, which I recommend everyone get.

I hate stupid fuckers like these guys. Why can't they just get a real job and actually try to earn their money?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got the same thing. Unfortunately, I've had account fraud on a credit card in my name recently, so I'm reeeeeeeal jumpy. I clicked the link and began filling in the email addy when I realized that the web addy was different.

So, I closed that page and went to paypal.com and logged in - found no transactions.

Whew!

Their Paypal page looks so real it isn't even funny.

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like to send the spammers virus's, They don't return.:twisted:

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Thing is that if you hit the link they have confirmation of a legitimate 'IP' address and now sell it for more...you guessed it...SPAM.
Your IP address is of no use to a spammer. He's looking for legitimate email addresses. This is why you NEVER reply to spam, and NEVER send "opt out" requests to spammers.

There is some good information here:
http://www.spamhaus.org/removeisformugs.html

-Tinytoad