Tummy Tuck

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Tummy Tuck

After losing 100 lbs in 2 years, I've been considering a tummy tuck to get rid of that loose skin that hangs around my belly.

Have any of you done it? Did you get your insurance to cover any of it? If so, how?

Experiences? Alternatives?

I'm going to wait it out and see how much my skin comes back to normal, but I fear I'm out of luck. Most of my extra weight was held i my gut and I'm pretty short (5'6") and the skin was stretched pretty badly. I gained the weight super fast (15 inch stretch marks tell the story) and I'm guessing surgery is the only option.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    After losing 100 lbs in 2 years, I've been considering a tummy tuck to get rid of that loose skin that hangs around my belly.

Have any of you done it? Did you get your insurance to cover any of it? If so, how?

Experiences? Alternatives?

I'm going to wait it out and see how much my skin comes back to normal, but I fear I'm out of luck. Most of my extra weight was held i my gut and I'm pretty short (5'6") and the skin was stretched pretty badly. I gained the weight super fast (15 inch stretch marks tell the story) and I'm guessing surgery is the only option.
    Congratulations on the weight loss.

After massive weight loss the skin and fascia sometimes just does not shrink very well.

Swelling, bruising, and healing after tummy tuck surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of your surgeon, how you heal, after care, and other factors. I prefer the comfort after surgery seen with my Tumescent Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty. You can find audio files that permit you to hear the emotion behind the expleriences with this surgery here. Reading patients descriptions can be useful, but listening the the expressiion behind the words is so much more powerful a tool.

Movies before and after surgery can also be revealing on what to expect with my sculpture. Check out the very early after surgery swelling and bruising. Not all surgeons offer the same techniques or skills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominal Sculpture
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks Doc..
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.34%

You could make a lamp shade out of it !

HOT ROCKS
    Rock On !

nana-orange.gif
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

not to hijack the thread but,

DR- do you run any surgical clinics?? i am in the military and get out this sunner looking for a Surgical Tech position.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i would think that surgery is your o nly option. congradulations ton your weight loss though . i would get a tummy tuck if i were you. keep us posted on this .

what i can not stand is people taht are lazy bums who get tummy tucks to get rid of their small pot bellies (that could be gone with a good month of excercise and eating).
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.42%

hey let us know how it went if you went through it and also if u got your insurance to pay for it let us know. nice post man keep up the good work.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Competing after tummy tuck
    By amyfigs in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
  2. tuck elbows for a bigger bench???
    By tunnelrat in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
  3. tummy tuck ;)
    By Meerschaum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16