this ever happened to you guys?

Cold

Awards
Ok, so today was back and shoulders. I did some deads and bb rowes, having a great workout. Then I moved onto some military presses and db presses. Those went alright. Then I moved onto some db front raises. After doing set, a group of fat chicks, and some scrawny ass guys walking in. I start another set of db raises, and I hear from one of the fat chicks "oh look at mr. serious there." I ignored that comment and just kept lifting. Then these two other fat chicks began asking me some stupid ass questions(while I was doing my set :aargh: ), interrupting my workout. They asked me what color should the weightroom be painted. I was like, it's fine the way it is. "But it looks like a dungeon" one says. "Isn't that the point?" I say. "This sets up the right atmosphere so people will come in and lift seriously. Nobody will be coming in to pick up women or picking up guys." Well then some other fat chick replies "well it's not like we're gonna paint it pink or anything." So they go on and on, about this stupid ordeal. So I try and change the subject, I said that they should try and get a more variety of dumbells. I also mentioned that the weight room needed heavier dumbells(they only go up to 75). The only reply I got was " so you can lift that, you're not gonna lift that once and drop it?" I look off to the side to some other dude that lifted around the same time I did. He saw me dumbell pressing 75's for reps without a problem. I figured he'd step up and say something. Well no, that didn't happen. I guess she figured that since I'm a little short that I can't lift a decent amount of weight. We'll bitch, I'm 5'4" (yeah I'm a midget :lol: ) and I weigh 178 with 15% bodyfat. I'm not ripped by any means, but I can move a decent amount of weight(not as much as you guys here on AM:)). So after hearing a few more negative comments on the heavier dumbell issue, I finally just shrugged them off and went back to lifting. Eventually that stampede of wild heffers left, and I got back to my workout. Sorry for the rant, I just can't stand it when someone interrupts me(especially during a workout), then asks for advice but then bashes the me. Ok I'm done ranting.:p

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Headphones and loud metal keeps away most of the time. I always wear my headphones. I came to lift, not to talk. I wish more people in the gym would just shut up and lift.:aargh:

Cold

Awards
Yeah, I need to get an ipod. I've got an mp3 player that I messed up while lifting so I'm a little hestitant on getting it. Oh yeah, that gym that I went to usually doesn't have that problem with people talking and not lifting. I guess it's because of the "dungeon like" atmosphere. Well it looks like that's gonna change....

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya i just had a similar experience with some not fat but not "in shape" chicks asking me to show them how to change the weight on the dip machine, they didnt even know what it was for and when i tried to explain to them they looked at me like "are you gonna show us?" im sitten here thinkin "i dont mind the extra attention liftin brings but not from 2 slow bimbos that would rather laugh at eachother nock out there teeth then do something thatll actually work." ahh oh well i just walked away and got a drink after the thrid time i tried explaining where you put your feet and she still almost ate ****. i was like PEACE!!!:run:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Headphones are key. I did have a 30 something year old woman with a nice physique tap me on the shoulder just to tell me I looked like Jason Sehorn.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i was thinking of getting a Nano just so i have a good Mp3 player but im afraid of taking it to the weight room and getting destroyed. ive been to staples and saw some really small cheap mp3 players that i might also get to take to the weight room.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
yeah, headphones are key. i've had people come up to me while i'm lifting and ask q's too. even if i hear them i usually don't respond during my workout. i just keep on staring straight ahead

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
like everyone said .. headphones

even that doesn't stop everyone .. just tell them "i'm in the middle of my workout i'll talk with you when i'm done" then put your headphones back on .. they'll get the idea

i'm not at the gym to make friends

Cold

Awards
Yeah I definetly need headphones. What do you guys use? I've always used a Lyra mp3 player. Thinking of getting an ipod mini or something.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Headphones are key. I did have a 30 something year old woman with a nice physique tap me on the shoulder just to tell me I looked like Jason Sehorn.
My response would of been "look like him I am him, so do you want to go back to my place and play a little two hand touch":whip: :dance:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
one annoying little **** came up to me one time dressed up like he had came straight out of a 50cent video and asked me something stupid in the middle of a squat set regarding the weight or something, not the heaviest set, but not the point. i finished my set while he's just standing there looking stupid and told him "oswald was not alone", and walked away. took a look at him in the mirror reflection and the look on his face was priceless, totally confused, lol.

badmofaux

Awards
yeah, headphones are key. i've had people come up to me while i'm lifting and ask q's too. even if i hear them i usually don't respond during my workout. i just keep on staring straight ahead
lol! I thought I was the only one who did this.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, try working out in a "spa" type gym where you have elderly old women say "Oh my, his face looks really red..that can't be good." during your heavy sets...and then get a stern lecture about the dangers of high blood pressure afterwards. Arrrrrrrrrrrggh! lol

iPod..I love you.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If I talk to someone it'll be because I ask them for a spot or they ask me for a spot, all other topics are forbidden

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established

KOSS: The Plug

One of the best items I ever purchased for my workouts in the gym...

Product Description
Koss's miniature portable earphone, affectionately dubbed "The Plug," makes use of an ear-cushion material (similar to that used in sound-blocking earplugs) that slowly expands in your ear canal to provide a custom fit and maximum sonic isolation from external noises. A detachable, extrawide headband makes these Koss-termed "stereophones" easy to carry or store. For accurate sound reproduction, these earbud-style headphones are made with oxygen-free copper voice coils and neodymium iron boron magnets. "The Plug" weighs a mere quarter ounce.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Headphones and loud metal keeps away most of the time. I always wear my headphones. I came to lift, not to talk. I wish more people in the gym would just shut up and lift.
M E T A L!!!! :D