Question for you experienced guys.

dwass

dwass

Awards
I know I'm pretty new here, but I can't think of any better place to get a preliminary opinion.

Yesterday I noticed a small bulge between the second row of my abs. It's a little tender to the touch and I've never noticed it before. I didn't notice it until maybe 5 hours after my leg workout. Now, I had always thought hernias happened in places other than perfectly centered between your abs, but is there any chance this is a hernia?

If so, I'm going to have to see a doc and does anybody know what I'd have to go through to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

tattoopierced1

if you had a hernia, i seriously doubt you'd be doing a leg workout. I would definatly go to the dr to see what he says...that is definatly something weird. Could be some sort of growth...

let us know what you found out...

dwass

dwass

Awards
if you had a hernia, i seriously doubt you'd be doing a leg workout. I would definatly go to the dr to see what he says...that is definatly something weird. Could be some sort of growth...

let us know what you found out...
Would a hernia hurt? This doesn't hurt when I work out but it's tender to the touch. I'd like to wait until I get home (I'm at college and don't much care for the on-campus doctor's office) to get it checked out, but I also don't want to screw myself up or anything.

tattoopierced1

depending on the tear, yes, a hernia would hurt. I would keep a close eye on it if you dont go to the Dr. asap to see if any growth, new soreness occurs...if it does, then go to the Dr. asap. Dont mess around with your health, it could be something serious that can be taken care of easily..

dwass

dwass

Awards
Would it be possible that this is just my abs growing into a predetermined genetic shape due to recent PH use? (Similarly to the way some people develop odd looking abs with the use of AAS and GH.)

I'm going to the doctor either way - just trying to get a heads up.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would it be possible that this is just my abs growing into a predetermined genetic shape due to recent PH use? (Similarly to the way some people develop odd looking abs with the use of AAS and GH.)

I'm going to the doctor either way - just trying to get a heads up.
I doubt it would be that honestly. Genetics are there from day 1 and i doubt it would be sore if it was new muscle growth. Not like you worked it or anything. Id get it looked at bro. :ntome:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
The alien's crawling out...

Seriously though, I really doubt it's anthing terribly serious, but you should get it checked out anyway.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you can push it back in it is a hernia. Doesn't mean that if you can't that it isn't though either. You can get hernias anywhere on your abdomen. For instance my friend had one 2 inches below his sternum. I had 2 occur within two months myself. One didn't hurt at all and the other hurt after I worked out especially after squatting and deadlifting. Go get it looked at and hope the best for you. If it is a hernia don't worry its not that big a deal.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had a hernia in my abdominal wall for a couple of years. It didn't bother me at all when working out. It only started hurting when me youngest son came along. The changing table was the perfect height for him to be constantly kicking me in that area on every diaper change. Then as he got older and mobile, he was constantly diving into my lap, climbing around on my lap, etc. Only the external battering caused it to become uncomfortable. I had it fixed this past Summer. It was an outpatient procedure that took up a morning. It hurt pretty good for 2 or 3 days and was just sore for a couple of weeks. I was lifting light within a week of the surgery and back to normal weights at about three weeks. I felt I could have returned there quicker, but the doc told me to keep it light for 3 weeks. There's still a little bulge of scar tissue there now, but it's slowly going down. I have enough fat in that area where you can't tell unless you feel for it.
I think you might have a hernia, but if it's not bothering you, you could wait until the timing is perfect to get it fixed. When you do, it's really not a big deal other than some lingering scar tissue.

dd