Hair Transplants: this is art. *amazing*

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I've straight up decided I'm not letting my hairline get in the way of my geared fitness / athletic pursuits. For those in the same boat as me - I am thoroughly convinced you can have your cake (gear) and eat it too.

Note: I am only thinning on the hairline, not the crown.

I used to dump plenty of dollars into hair 'treatments' - it's simply not worth it if you do the math. I'll use Nizoral and Minoxidil with AA but I'm not dropping $68 a month on Propecia - and I'm skeptical on how real the 'research' finasteride really is.

Many don't want to look into a transplant because of the price tag - but mindlessly drop hundreds on haircare a month.

Hair restoration as come a long way. It is permanent, safe and not noticeable if you get a top surgeon.

Check these out.

Brady:

Before:

After:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
more

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Dave Batista got one too, looks great

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dave Batista got one too, looks great
WOW!!! Batista had a hair transplant too! Figures since the only way to get his size is to do alot of hair loss activities. CED you got a before and after pic of him as well? Would love to see that one.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i'm trying to track down a Batista picture from 'before' where his head isn't completely shaved.

i'll post it if I find it,

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
minimum $3000

propecia for a year ($50-60/mo.) ~$700, limited results.

the key is a good surgeon - most are in the same price range anyway. Just avoid Bosley or MHR even if they promise a smaller price tag.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Word of warning: you rapidly lose natural hair after the surgery.

In other words, right after the surgery you'll instantly look a lot better. However, you will shed rapidly over the next couple weeks; so a month or two after surgery you'll look even worse than before surgery. Many experience regrowth of that lost hair gradually, others don't.

For the ones that don't, you either need to have additional surgery later, or you cimply live the rest of your life with thin hair.

Btw, the first picture doesn't look like the same guy. If it IS the same guy he lost weight, got a nose job, had a face lift, and got a slight tan, and colored his hair.

ifrag

Awards
you can get generic propecia from overseas distributors, usually called finpecia. Something like 120 bux or so for a years supply. I only use .5 mg, so I only pay 70 bux for a years supply.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I personally know 2 guys who used Bosley and had great results. Neither one experienced any increased hair loss after the treatment. They are now 3 years and 4 years out from the surgury.

IMO 3K is on the low side. It all comes down to price per plug. The more ya pay the more ya get.

CROWLER

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally know 2 guys who used Bosley and had great results. Neither one experienced any increased hair loss after the treatment. They are now 3 years and 4 years out from the surgury.

IMO 3K is on the low side. It all comes down to price per plug. The more ya pay the more ya get.

CROWLER

Then they got extremely lucky. The surgery causes scar tissue formation on your scalp no matter what. In the VAST majority of people, scar tissue is incapable of supporting hair.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard that, Null. I remember reading that the newly transplanted hairs will fall out, but regrow. I also read that they use a laser comb type of device to prevent this from happening.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never heard that, Null. I remember reading that the newly transplanted hairs will fall out, but regrow. I also read that they use a laser comb type of device to prevent this from happening.
Watched a 60 minutes or 20/20 special or something on hairloss options. They specificaly talked about how common rapid hairloss was after hairplug surgery.

They also said the laser comb for the most part does nothing.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the method that most are adopting today leaves no scar.

I'm not sure about the procedure you are talking about but with FUE/FIT you will not look better right after - it takes 4-5 months for the transplanted hair to grow in. During that period there is some shock loss around the area that you had work done - that hair regrows

this is my understanding

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
yep, 3000k for starters. Doctors charge by the 'graft' - I think a 'plug' is what that used in the late 80s

it's certainly come a long way

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The first guy I posted is legit, he was featured in GQ Magazine.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I used to dump plenty of dollars into hair 'treatments' - it's simply not worth it if you do the math. I'll use Nizoral and Minoxidil with AA but I'm not dropping $68 a month on Propecia - and I'm skeptical on how real the 'research' finasteride really is.
I think its real. After starting research finasteride Ive seen my genetic MPB regressing. When family members started to comment on how much fuller my hair looked, I knew it wasnt just wishful thinking.

Right now I use:

Finasteride 1mg/day
15% minoxidil + 5% Azelaic Acid 1x per day (morning)
5% minoxidil + 5% Azelaic Acid 1x per day(evening)
Nizoral 2% 3x per week
Laser Brush 2x per week

Average cost works out to be about $50 a month - and that will get lower once I can source bulk minoxidil and azelaic acid. Built the lasercomb for $40 and change.

Not that I dont think Hair Replacement Surgery isnt a good option, theyve made great strides in the past few years. But with the 'stack' of treatment options I use my AGA is rapidly regressing, and those thinning spots on my head are slowly filling in.

Of course, people see varying results...and I dont know how safe it is to apply chemicals to your head 2x per day for the rest of your life, either. I usually take a couple weeks off every few months to give my skin a break.

BV

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If mine ever got where i think i needed it id get a hair transplant. Hell Governor Schwarzenegger did and his looks ok. btw he has a lot of money so he can "touch it up" whenever he wants too

I think BV is right on the trying the first stack.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure I would ever do such a thing. I mean I know some guys are extremely touchy about their hair or loss there of.... but I say Fcuk it.... shave the damn thing and save yourself $3k at the minimum. What is the big deal?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure I would ever do such a thing. I mean I know some guys are extremely touchy about their hair or loss there of.... but I say Fcuk it.... shave the damn thing and save yourself $3k at the minimum. What is the big deal?
I say that too, but I am trying to convince myself I don't look like a mean person without hair. I am still praying to God...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I say that too, but I am trying to convince myself I don't look like a mean person without hair. I am still praying to God...
If my hair goes it goes, but if mother nature takes my hair away she's giving me 19" arms to compensate...:twisted:

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Pay the extra money and keep your own hair. My hair thinned out at a young age due to heart medication. I have fairly thin hair but you can only notice it's thin in direct, bright sunlight. Even then, AND THIS is the kicker for me, it's STILL thicker than people's hair after transplants. So that made me decide to just do whatever I can to keep my own hair. Even if it costs more..

I WON'T look good bald. Some people do. I don't think I will.. If I ever get to that stage, like mentioned above, I'll compensate with, ahh, 24 inch arms. :p

Where do you get 2% Nizoral? I only see 1% in stores...

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
If my hair goes it goes, but if mother nature takes my hair away she's giving me 19" arms to compensate...:twisted:
Very good point, a very mean, BIG Bald man I am. Almost.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Pay the extra money and keep your own hair. My hair thinned out at a young age due to heart medication. I have fairly thin hair but you can only notice it's thin in direct, bright sunlight. Even then, AND THIS is the kicker for me, it's STILL thicker than people's hair after transplants. So that made me decide to just do whatever I can to keep my own hair. Even if it costs more..

I WON'T look good bald. Some people do. I don't think I will.. If I ever get to that stage, like mentioned above, I'll compensate with, ahh, 24 inch arms. :p

Where do you get 2% Nizoral? I only see 1% in stores...
Gotta order the 2% Nizoral from Canada, it's not a controlled substance - it will get through. CNW carries the active ingredient Ketoconozole (sp?) I think.. although I can't find it on the website.

As for the bald thing, I do agree - not everyone looks good bald. To suggest (and I'm not saying anyone is), that hair restoration is too 'gay'. Come on, half of us go tanning. We lift weights to look good, most of us. The most ambitious of us dream of putting on oil, getting on stage in a thong in front of a bunch of men and flexing our muscles (not I).

It's just another 'thing' in life. I actually still have a full head of hair - I'm just looking to toward the future.

yes, Arnold had 2 or 3 small to moderate restorations. He has a decent hairline (not perfect) because a perfect hairline would not look natural at his age. He had a fair amount of work done on the top as well. If it's not too 'gay' for Arnold than I think we should feel no shame into as least considering it. :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
yes, Arnold had 2 or 3 small to moderate restorations. He has a decent hairline (not perfect) because a perfect hairline would not look natural at his age. He had a fair amount of work done on the top as well. If it's not too 'gay' for Arnold than I think we should feel no shame into as least considering it.
+1..Its your body and its a damn pain in the ass to be losing your hair. Im really happy the treatments Im using are working well, but I still dont have a big, thick head of hair like someone whose not prone to MPB.

If it does go though, Ill never do a comb over, or make it look like Im 'going bald'. When/If it gets to that point its all going. The big bonus? Wont ever have to worry about tren induced hair loss, because that molecule will be my new best friend:)

Id rather have my hair though!

BV

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I dont understand why going bald is such a huge deal, I am going to shave my head when it starts. It is what it is!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont understand why going bald is such a huge deal, I am going to shave my head when it starts. It is what it is!
Its a personal choice ..to want to keep your hair or not. i choose to keep it. or do all i can to keep it

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
those who don't look bad bald - probably care less! ;)
just a guess

Spartan117

Awards
I use the Norelco cure every day. Its just really all about confidence and your ability to carry yourself with a shaved head.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use the Norelco cure every day. Its just really all about confidence and your ability to carry yourself with a shaved head.
yeah but why not hit the challange when it first starts before it 's a big challange. As boxers say Nip it off at the bud before it becomes a challange. (im not bragging but i used to box and was/ am naturally good. I don't box in the ring anymore) If we have the tools to beat this challange why not use them..thats what i say

Spartan117

Awards
Its a personal choice for me. I'd rather not put chemicals that may or may not work on my head for the rest of my life. I considered the grafts but I personally could not justify the cost plus I don't look bad w/ a shaved head.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Hairloss, I may be wrong, will be a thing of the past in the near future. 2 Generations from now, people will see pictures from the 1900s and be shocked at all the bald people. I truly believe this, hopefully sooner than later.

at the same time, I don't like the idea of internally killing your body's supply of DHT. I've told this to many doctors, some will fight me back to the point that we are screaming at each other. Others see what I am getting at.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hairloss, I may be wrong, will be a thing of the past in the near future. 2 Generations from now, people will see pictures from the 1900s and be shocked at all the bald people. I truly believe this, hopefully sooner than later.

at the same time, I don't like the idea of internally killing your body's supply of DHT. I've told this to many doctors, some will fight me back to the point that we are screaming at each other. Others see what I am getting at.
I agree. Although I do run a low dose of finasteride, I think the DHT is in your system for a reason.

BV

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I used to fight my hair to get it to look decent at whatever length it was at before, nowadays I shave it with a number 1 and I think it looks decent so I'm not going to complain when baldness does hit me.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I agree. Although I do run a low dose of finasteride, I think the DHT is in your system for a reason.

BV
Certainly it does. I tried to explain that to this hair restoration PR guy on the phone. We started yelling at eachother and I mainly got mad because he kept interrupting me. He said there is a tribe in Africa that had no DHT in their bodies and thus no hairloss. I said to him, "do they not have penises either?"

I plan to run finasteride on cycle only, not during PCT, but perhaps during 'OFF' periods - if there is such a thing.

I have to find it, but there were numbers of 4 things.
DHT, on 500mg of test without Finasteride
DHT, on 500mg of test with Finasteride
DHT, off cycle without Finasteride
DHT, off cycle with Finasteride

the conclusion was: DHT levels on cycle with finasteride is basically the same as DHT levels off cycle without finasteride.

lets see if I can find it