whats the most negative part of bodybuilding?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
What is the most negative part of bodybuilding?

Some would say...

1)steroid rumors
2) Stereotyping. "jeese that guys huge, must be an idiot."
3) The "Three heads factor." Basically people getting out of your way no matter where you go

I dont mind any of these. Roid rumors, I usually respond with a "so what if I am" type thing. Stereotyping I just blow off, people who judge you for your size or any good quality of you are just jealous. As for #3, a man needs his space every once in a while :lol: .

The one thing I CANT STAND is how some people associate bodybuilding with violence. You dont know how often I get "you should beat the **** out of whats his face" or "joe schmo said u were on roids, bang him!" And when I say I dont believe in violence, I get the "then why do you lift" speach.

As for me, never thrown a punch, never plan on it. Peace on earth fellas :drunk:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Spatch, I have to ask...

Is that Greg Rando in your avatar?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
What is the most negative part of bodybuilding?

Some would say...

1)steroid rumors
3) The "Three heads factor." Basically people getting out of your way no matter where you go

I dont mind any of these. Roid rumors, I usually respond with a "so what if I am" type thing. Stereotyping I just blow off, people who judge you for your size or any good quality of you are just jealous. As for #3, a man needs his space every once in a while :lol: .

The one thing I CANT STAND is how some people associate bodybuilding with violence. You dont know how often I get "you should beat the **** out of whats his face" or "joe schmo said u were on roids, bang him!" And when I say I dont believe in violence, I get the "then why do you lift" speach.

As for me, never thrown a punch, never plan on it. Peace on earth fellas :drunk:
used to be PCT/post-cycle depression, but these days, do it right, and that's all good.

I'll go with:
-bad posts
-bad avatars
and
-BAD ATTITUDES!
fortunately, around here, we (for the most part) keep it POSITIVE!!! ;)

feel the love!!! :head:

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I'd have to go with the roid accuisations. I get this none stop just from being big(not even to where i should be actually). I also see the second and third as well at college. People think because you work out, that you are dumb and everyone tends to get outta your(our) way. It gets old very fast.

Another thing I hate is the fact that people who have no clue about supps or working out always want to give their opinion on something. Tell you how bad roids, how creatine can cause your b**** to shrink, or even going as far as to saying they have a clean diet and by clean they mean, small fries and cheeseburger with diet coke.:wtf:

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I fight this everyday. Not so much because I am bodybuilder (I'm not), but because people at the University level have so many misconceptions and little knowledge about bodybuilding. I've had professors in the past that knock bodybuilding, yet get lost when students ask questions....I could go on.

If any of you ever want to get a degree in Ex. Phys, don't expect to talk much about the sport of bodybuilding (despite the fact that there more going on there than most educators could explain).

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to hate the stereotyping but now I love it. The faces of disgruntled nerds and emo losers with their mouths agape when you get a 95% on a test that they only got 40s and 50s on. I prove them wrong, time and time again. I just got hired as a tutor for next semester so I'm sure this makes some more people pissed off.

Seeing a hater owned is one of the best feelings in the world after sex.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i would say, people who are negative or don't want to see what the sport is about. they automatically assume that if you bodybuild then you are a sinner and use performance enhancing drugs. people don't understand that bodybuilding is a way of life rather than just drugs and weights.

IMPACT NUTRITION is also negative in bodybuilding!.....bogus overpriced bullshit

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
At 5'10 and 180#, my current physique hovers just below people's "steroid-dar" so I don't get the hater attitude from that. I do get the nervous and contemptuous glances from all the bicept-pump-only gym rats though. It's a good feeling. When I was briefly 200 pounds..people got the hell out of my way which did get to be ridiculous. The best defense for this is to simply smile at them and be extremely nice. Kill them with kindness as the saying goes.

I suppose I'm guilty of hating them back on occassion. I sometimes can't stop myself from raising an eyebrow at some of the dumbshit lifting forms out there. The "bounce the curlbar off my thighs" is always good for snicker...especially when the dude's arms are bigger than his pencil thin calves.

Lead by example, be friendly, and maybe we can dispell the myths and stereotypes a little. If that fails..crush your enemies, have them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women!

:twisted:

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i would say not being able to eat what you crave (atleast untill you get used to it).