Sudden feeling of patriotism

LethalGunz34

Awards
Is it just me or is everyone experiencing a surge of patriotism ever since the bombs began falling on Iraq? I swear that I'd go to Iraq right now if I was called down. Hell, I'm even thinking about joining the Marines next year, which I never thought of before. I don't know what it is, I'm just so overwhelmed with patriotism.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
well, what I'm feeling is a "kick the protesting idiots in the nuts" type of thing... but yeah, it's good to see more and more countries joining the coalition as things progress, understanding that it's not an oil stealing operation, and knowing the road to increased opportunity for the people of a long suffering nation is finally underway due to an acted on obligation by the most powerful, wealthy nation in history.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean Lethal Gunz, I've never felt so proud of our country before. Never felt like killing for my country until 9-11. I've gained trmendous respect for the men and women who serve our armed forces during Afghanistan and now Iraq. I hope there's a MOAB w/Saddam's name on it.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I'm prior service and would go back in a min if I could. Indeed, its a great time to be alive.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Im with you Jake.. I was really missing the TOW today as I was watching it hit some of those Iraqi tanks.. damn that would be one thing I would love to do, pop some T-80 in the ass and blow the turret off of it.. one thing I won't miss though.. the smell of 4 unwashed guys after 30 days in the desert and in chem suits..

T-Bar

Awards
Right now I'm just glad we didn't bomb the ministry of information. That would have sucked.

Dr of Golf

Awards
Is it just me or is everyone experiencing a surge of patriotism ever since the bombs began falling on Iraq? I swear that I'd go to Iraq right now if I was called down. Hell, I'm even thinking about joining the Marines next year, which I never thought of before. I don't know what it is, I'm just so overwhelmed with patriotism.

That's great to hear! I always love hearing about others who feel patriotic. :)

I'm prior service and would go back in a min if I could. Indeed, its a great time to be alive.

I did my twenty-five years and even though I'm fully retired from the military, I'd still go back if needed. I've talked with quite a few fellow retirees and they all feel the same way.

God Bless America!

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Due to medical conditions I can't go back but I would in a heartbeat. My bro is over there right now working counterintelligence, what that means I'm not so sure but I do know I am proud of him and every other troop, not just American but of all the coalition forces.