Anyone watch Over There?

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Just curious if I'm the only one glued to this show?

They've already had the season finale, so its just reruns at this point. But damn, what a show; it shakes me to my core sometimes.

Did anyone see the episode before the season finale? My God. I think its one of the best shows on TV. Definitely gives points of view from many different perspectives.

I did a search and found nothing about this show and I've never seen it mentioned, so I'm pretty sure its not a repost.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Def a cool show... every Wednesday I am up late watching.

Really no cliff hanger or anything on the season finale. Maybe they will reveal who shot the Lt. or something...

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure it was the Squad leader :D He hates Lt Underpants so much lol.

That was so funny in that episode when he formally requested to the Captain to have "Lt Underpants" assigned to another Platoon lol. "Who are we referring to?" LOL

Not really cliffhangers I guess, because there was no guarentee if it were going to another season I guess. Dunno yet if 'Doublewide' is going to forgive her husband for 'almost' cheating on her (he planned on it so its the same to me) and if Bo (i think thats his name, guy who lost his leg) will remain in the Army and go back on deployment or not.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Oh I had a feeling it was him... but I was trying to not give away any spoilers....

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I hate this show. First off, you don't make a show about a war while it's going on, especially one that has caused as much debate as this war. Second, it's superficial, stereotyped crap. I watched one episode and thought "You've got to be shitting me" at most of the crap they were throwing out. I've been in the army for five years and people don't talk like they talk, maybe one or two people I have ever met have a nickname, and they took every overdone military stereotype and made a mess of a show out of it. I gave it a second shot and wanted to slam my balls in a car door it was so painful to watch. I am convinced that Steven Botchco has lost it.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I hate this show. First off, you don't make a show about a war while it's going on, especially one that has caused as much debate as this war. Second, it's superficial, stereotyped crap. I watched one episode and thought "You've got to be shitting me" at most of the crap they were throwing out. I've been in the army for five years and people don't talk like they talk, maybe one or two people I have ever met have a nickname, and they took every overdone military stereotype and made a mess of a show out of it. I gave it a second shot and wanted to slam my balls in a car door it was so painful to watch. I am convinced that Steven Botchco has lost it.
All of my friends in/recently leaving active duty (several from every branch) emphasize nicknames for almost everyone; unless you have a cool or weird last name; which then that suffices. The nicknames are really popular for uptight people including officers.

You've been in the Army 5 years? Was it any time recently? Military is very different these days than even 5-10 years ago. Couple Marine friends of mine love the show because they say its pretty close to how things are/were. And they all served in Iraq and just recently got back. A friend of mine left for Iraq in the Army on Oct 8th, talked with him a couple days ago. He loves the show too.

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards

OMG....They exagerrated the truth to make a popular TV show :blink:

I take it for what it is....A Television Show. I used to watch that show Jag and we all know that was not truth based.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
OMG....They exagerrated the truth to make a popular TV show :blink:

I take it for what it is....A Television Show. I used to watch that show Jag and we all know that was not truth based.
What? You mean that lawyer guy didnt really do carrier landings? :( I feel so.... used.

LOL :cheers: