Ronnie Coleman Wins 8th Mr. Olympia

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Jay 2nd
Gustoval 3rd

Gunter came in 4th this year, I think he should have maybe been 1st...

Jim

Atlas

Awards
How do you think he should of been 1st, he has the worst structure and his tan was horrible!!!!!!!!! He was pale! Victor was 5th and should of been 4th. Jay was large and cut, but a little flat. Darrem was fucked out of the top 6. Dennis James was 6th but his stomach was a bit large. Ronnie looked great with a smaller midsection. Darrem, Melvin, Mustaffa, Gustavo, and Ronnie had the best posing performances.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'd have placed the top 5 as follows (not bringing in others that I thought sould have placed higher):

1) Gustavo Badell-- EVERYTHING but back width...he was awesome
2) Coleman / Cutler -- Coleman was just not at his best IMO. His legs no longer have separation and his gut wasn't under control like the rest of the guys.
3) Cutler / Coleman -- Cutler looked awesome and brought his back up enough to where he and coleman could have gone either way, depending on the judging criteria.
4) Gunter -- "actually" looked good.
5) Martinez -- too soft

You can't argue too much...all of the living Olympians agreed with my placings, as seen in the "challenge round".

For all of you who didn't know, many living olympians were the judges for the pose down round! So, when Gunter got 4th and when Badell got second, taht was Samir Bannout, Sergio Oliva, Dorian Yates, etc giving them those placings!

Gustavo Badell looked phenominal. I think Coleman may have officially lost it because of his legs. I dont think he'll ever be able to get them back. They're huge, but they have no definition!

the Olympia was horribly orchestrated...problems all over the place. BUT, it was all worth it in the end. I've never seen the top three contenders ALL SO PISSED! LOLOLOL..

Badell KNEW he should have won based off of his placings in the challenge round where he had a face to face pose down with coleman and the Olympians gave it to Badell. Coleman was livid that he was beat! Cutler was finally good enough to put up a decent fight with Coleman, but coleman beat him...and so did Badell (in the challenge round, but not the overall).

So, the top three were alllll pissed!

Pushofabutton

Awards
The venue was a joke. First the "voting for the wrong person" in the first round and then all the problem. It made the event look unorganized and not great.

At the prejudging they didn't even have the screen on so very few people (first 10 rows) could only see detail.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
How do you think he should of been 1st, he has the worst structure and his tan was horrible!!!!!!!!! He was pale! .
i liked his paler tan...pale...lol. hes aa white dude...shouldnt it be okay for him to not tan himself as dark as ronnie? i think guther is pretty sexy...really....lol. he was my favorite:box:

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Jay should have won this, Gunther looked just fine.

Purepower

Awards
I agree with kwyckemyn, this wasn't Coleman's year. I could have seen either Cutler or Gustavo placing ahead of him. Jay's legs were much better than Coleman, he stayed with Coleman on back shots and had better abs. Gustavo looked incredible too. I like Coleman, but he shouldn't have won.

davisville64

Awards
holy crap Ruhl came in 15th!!!

I predicted him in the top 5 a week ago :sad:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
C'mon guys, it's all politics. Of course Ronnie was going to win.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
C'mon guys, it's all politics. Of course Ronnie was going to win.
Aside from that, there were quite a few other competitors who deserved much higher placings...MUCH higher.

I wish everyone could have watched the O.

Atlas

Awards
i liked his paler tan...pale...lol. hes aa white dude...shouldnt it be okay for him to not tan himself as dark as ronnie? i think guther is pretty sexy...really....lol. he was my favorite:box:
What's up Gimpy! The only reason he should of been darker is because it would of made him look even leaner under those bright ass lights! If you saw Ronnie backstage away from the lights he was so dark he looked like a shadow with with teeth and eyes! I just have a thing against Gunter, his structure sucks for such high level bb. Great smile though. I also thought he was pretty unprofessional by saying bullshit out of no where! Hey Kwyk, I gotta send you a copy of the O I recorded bro, Ronnie has separation in the thighs! Plus his taper was a lot better than previous years. My only complaint is he could of been 5% harder and that his arms looked smaller, especially his tri's! Darrem and Melvin had the KY Gelly put on them and Dennis was given a gift. Dennis replied at the Q&A on friday,"They want the bellies smaller, I just make the shoulders bigger". Sorry bro, just didn't work. Badell did look bad ass, but he did let his gut poke out from time to time! David Henry should be great in a few years, but his legs are small and Johnnie O. needs a pair of calves and thigh sweep and he would be in the top 5!

Atlas

Awards
Ruhl was fat, plain and simple. I'm a big fan of his too, but even my aunt who I'm getting into bodybuilding said he was too soft and that she had seen him harder in magazines. They kept on making excuses that he got married, but he should of been sharper. Maybe if the contest was 3 weeks later, then maybe he would of been ready!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Atlas, making a DivX of the O and putting it on an anonymous server on IRC would be a great favor for many of us who couldn't record it. :)

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Is any of this a surprise? This is why I don't pay much attention to competitions anymore. Can you say dog and pony show?

Atlas

Awards
Hey Grunt, you can ask Kwyk, I am pretty retarded in regards to computers. Check out my Image Editing post in the general chat! My only part that fucked up is when Arnold and Joe Weider came out. If anyone wants to help me with my comp problems in regards to PhotoShop and Fireworks, I have no prob hosting the O on DivX or whatever. Just need to be shown how. THanks guys!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
......Hey Kwyk, I gotta send you a copy of the O I recorded bro....
Sounds like a deal! :D

Ronnie has separation in the thighs!
IMO, the improvements in the midsection were outweighed by the "messed up" sweep on his left leg, his left tricep, and his right calve.

Check out the quad:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
HE couldn't even bring it out in the abs and thighs pose

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was there near the front.

Coleman had plenty of seperation in his thighs.

Jay's abs were missing in action. It was EXTREMELY close though. In the end, I would say that Coleman had a better waist and abs than Jay, and bigger quads. They were equal in back, chest (Jay's chest was better last year), bis, and shoulders. Jay's triceps and calves were better. Coleman's triceps this year were Ruhlian; where'd they go?

As for other placings, Ronnie Rockell got HOSED, that guy looked absolutely amazing. I think they must have penalized him for using Dream Tan. Branch should have placed a lot higher. D. James didn't belong in the top 10, ESPECIALLY with the new rule. Honestly I thought Denis James looked terrible.

Gunter was definitely ON. However, Victor was better. I would have placed Gunter 5th, Victor 4th, Gustavo 3rd.

As for the production, it was by far the most unprofessional event I've ever seen. I've seen pee-wee league soccer games more organized and well put together. The silence up on stage from the hosts was so awkward it made me squirm in my seat. They kept screwing up everything, didn't know what was going on, etc. It was simply awful. Just awful.

I can tell you for certain I won't be going to another Olympia any time soon.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I was there near the front.

Coleman had plenty of seperation in his thighs....
Did you see both of his thighs though?

I mean, its hard to argue front row seats, BUT dude...his right thigh looks great and his left thigh looked horrible.

And in all of the pre-judging pics Cutlers thighs were MUCH more separated than colemans.

One thing we can all agree on, however, is how SHITTY the production was.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Where's the King Kamali!?!?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did you see both of his thighs though?

I mean, its hard to argue front row seats, BUT dude...his right thigh looks great and his left thigh looked horrible.

And in all of the pre-judging pics Cutlers thighs were MUCH more separated than colemans.

One thing we can all agree on, however, is how SHITTY the production was.
If you've ever gone to a show, you'll know that the pictures from the show are usually not a good representation of what it was really like.

In particular, in shots where there are 2 or more bodybuilders, they almost never get all of them while fully flexed. Trust me, Ronnie looked amazing. His only fault was his triceps IMO.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen much from the Olympia yet, but I was looking at some pics and I thought Gustavo looked amazing. He was one of the guys who people were claiming would get marked down with the new mandate b/c he had a nasty gut going on. His midsection looked tight as hell, which makes me rethink whether the distended gut issue really is an IGF/GH issue or a matter of keeping that **** muthafuckin' tizight.

Check this out:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen much from the Olympia yet, but I was looking at some pics and I thought Gustavo looked amazing. He was one of the guys who people were claiming would get marked down with the new mandate b/c he had a nasty gut going on. His midsection looked tight as hell, which makes me rethink whether the distended gut issue really is an IGF/GH issue or a matter of keeping that **** muthafuckin' tizight.

Check this out:
Simply remove [or cut down] on the GH and IGF-1 and the gut starts to go away.

I got that advice from an NPC competitor :D lol... In Badell's case, it looks like it worked well.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If you've ever gone to a show, you'll know that the pictures from the show are usually not a good representation of what it was really like.

In particular, in shots where there are 2 or more bodybuilders, they almost never get all of them while fully flexed. Trust me, Ronnie looked amazing. His only fault was his triceps IMO.
Understandable, but the odds that both pictures and the live feed showed a screwed up left quad, bad right calve, and messed up triceps seems too much to be purely coincidental, ya know?

Oh well...I could be wrong I guess...but, just check out all the pics and then when the DL is available, DL it and watch the video (or some of the current clips). It was his left quad only, which was really weird. And, it didn't matter who he was next to or where he was on the stage. I watched it the entire event...his right quad always looked sharp as nails. And, nobody elses quads looked messed up (or any other bodyparts for that matter) on just one side...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
my man victor did real well for himself. He came in way off for the ny pro and had a chance to talk to the guy few months back and really seemed like he was tuning into his potential then. Showed. He should have been 4th, over Gunther. Badell was the most 'consistantly' on poser all night. I would have voted him as the champ but understand ronnie getting it. Cutler was in better shape then the 2002, when he came in maybe at his best, and really thought he could have taken it if he lost some water in his stomach. his legs were huge, striated, great seperation. Back as always, real good. Personally, I would have put it....
1) Badell
2) Ronnie (barely over Jay)
3) Jay
4) Victor
5) Melvin Anthony (im more of a fan of symmetry and shreds)
Sage

Grant

Awards
  • Established

I was there also and I agree, Ronnie looked great, he also had a very commanding presence on stage.

On another note, I can't stand Jay at all, I just think he looks like a dipshit haha, I just dont like the dude.

I had a good time at the expo, but thought that the contest was run horribly, the announcers jokes were lame, the DJ sucked, and the damn TV screens didnt work for the morning show.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
branch warren got hosed ... especially not winning the best legs award

darrem charles got fucked and dennis james' waist is as wide as a truck .. he didn't deserve top ten

gustavo needs to dry out his hams and victor REALLY needs to bring up his legs .. especially quad sweep

that was the best gunther has ever looked at an olympia

and man did cormier look like **** or what?

i'm not sure mustafa deserved top 10 either .. his legs WAY WAY overshadow his upper body

this was also the worst run show i've ever seen .. the challenge round was complete amateur hour and just the overall way the show was run was a disgrace

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't following it too closely. So Dexter didn't compete I take it?