For those who want to know about the kurds

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Iraq's Kurds uncertain factor in U.S. coalition
Iraqi Kurds exiles in own country

What didn't really get much publicity was a Genocide by the Turks to Turkey's Kurds, killing over 400,000 a few years back. Nobody cares:(

I remember seeing a special on 60 minutes a while back, about how Saddam mustard bombed many of the Kurdish towns in his own country. (Cl2 gas) Many of the people who survived gave birth to deformed children, or are deformed themselves.

Turkey has already sent troops, so I suspect them to be invading and killing the Kurds to grab the oilfield areas in that region. There is no disguise for this, since Saddam does not control Northern Kurdish occupied Iraq and therefore Turkey is obviously going to Northern Iraq to occupy the Kurdish area.

tjhooker

Awards
What didn't really get much publicity was a Genocide by the Turks to Turkey's Kurds, killing over 400,000 a few years back. Nobody cares

I saw a documentary on TVO (Ontario public TV) about the genocide. The guy says the number is more like 1.5 million. It doesn't really matter the number, the fact is still disgusting.

I remember seeing a special on 60 minutes a while back, about how Saddam mustard bombed many of the Kurdish towns in his own country. (Cl2 gas) Many of the people who survived gave birth to deformed children, or are deformed themselves.

You are right about Saddam using weapons of mass destruction against the Kurds. He's a Sunni muslim and is against the Shi'ites and Kurds. The deformities are certainly the result of Saddam's attacks against his own people, but the U.S.'s use of depleted uranium weaponry is also partly responsible for such effects. There is alot of contraversy even in the US about the use of such weapons.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I prefer small kurd cottage cheese myself..........oh, nevermind. :D :D