Wild Chipmunk needs his calories...:)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
My brother and I went on a hike Wednesday, when we first got going up the mountain we were climbing, this little chipmunk came out of nowhere and just started following us down the trail. He wouldnt leave us alone until I gave him a piece of my Kong bar (http://www.kongbar.com/).

He took it right from my hand and started munching on it! It was pretty funny...

Attachments

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
That's funny BV...lol.

Hey those Kong bars look good, do they taste alright? And do you happen to know if they sell them at Sams Club? Where do you get yours at? I've been buying the boxes of U-turn bars to take with me when I'm not gonna be able to eat for awhile. But they're kinda packed with sugar. I like hte fact that those Kong bars offer good carbs cals as well...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I have to say, the Kong bars are the best MRP-bars I've ever tried. Each flavor is really good, and they're loaded with complex carbs from oats. Unfortuneately, I think Next just discontinued them. You might be able to find some on closeout at GNC or Vitamin World.

Next to the Kong Bars, I always liked Tri-O-Plex...they dont taste quite as good but most of their carbs come from oats.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
V... be very careful around animals that are acting "strange" like chipmunks that take food out of your hand.. remember that any mammal can carry rabies..

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the warning MD, the thought did cross my mind. As soon as he got the Kong bar nugget, he took off for the bushes...I'm guessing he hangs out by the trail and gets fed by hikers regularly.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
it does sound like that might be the case.. if it was a racoon, I would have been more wary about letting it take things from my hand

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
it does sound like that might be the case.. if it was a racoon, I would have been more wary about letting it take things from my hand
Yeah, if that were a racoon he wouldn't have been getting any protienacious delights from me:)

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Now, if you see a rabbit coming after you...
"That rabbit's dynamite!"

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
MAn, just when I find a good, clean, bar they discontinue it..lol. Thx for the tip, I'll check it out.