Food Poisoning

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Does anyong know how long this **** typically lasts, literally? I got food poisoning at a wedding I went to on Saturday. The vomitting is over but problems at the other end are persisting with a vengence. I haven't been able to eat solid food in three days now, everything flies out of either end at near light speed. Not to say this isn't amusing in its own way. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of thing as I really don't. My stomach is usually the most invulnerable part of my anatomy.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
When I get it it is usually only a 24hr ordeal. I seem to be more and more vulnerable to it too. Pedialyte seems to be the best thing for it.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When I get it it is usually only a 24hr ordeal. I seem to be more and more vulnerable to it too. Pedialyte seems to be the best thing for it.
Bump for the pedialyte, it keeps you hydrated throughout. As for time, I would think 24-48 hours would be sufficient. Any longer I'd go see a doctor, could lead to dehydration. Are you sure it's not a virus?? Did anyone else at the wedding get sick???

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Depends on what type of bacteria or virus gave you the food poisoning. Pedialyte is a great thing to be using now. But if after 48 hours things haven't let up I would go to the doctor. If you can get them down probiotics will help. But if you still can't eat anything now I would go to the doc.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My experiences have been 24 - 48 hours for top end to cool down, and another 24 - 48 hours after that for the lower end to get back to normal.
By the way, sounds like a kickass wedding. ;)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
My experiences have been 24 - 48 hours for top end to cool down, and another 24 - 48 hours after that for the lower end to get back to normal.
By the way, sounds like a kickass wedding. ;)
Nice.

It actually was a great wedding. Two good friends getting married and I got to spend the night with two hotties. I told the bride she should sit me at a table with a good amount of single women. Not only did she do that, something about this girl's family and friends apparently dictates all the women have D cups or above, so I was rather happy. Got two numbers, now I need diapers.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
salmonella (at least i think it was) lasted me for about 5 days.