There -- you did it again!
Did what?
Called ME.
You said,
"Our Father who art in Heaven"
Well, here I am.
What's on your mind?

But I didn't mean anything by it.
I was, you know, just saying my prayers for the day.
I always say the Lord's Prayer.
It makes me feel good, kind of like fulfilling a duty.
Well, all right. Go on.
Okay, Hallowed be thy name . .
Hold it right there.
What do you mean by that?

By what?
By "Hallowed be thy name"?
It means, it means . . good grief,
I don't know what it means.
How in the world should I know?
It's just a part of the prayer.
By the way, what does it mean?
It means honored, holy, wonderful.
Hey, that makes sense.
I never thought about what 'hallowed' meant before.
Thanks.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Do you really mean that?
Sure, why not?
What are you doing about it?
Doing? Why, nothing, I guess.
I just think it would be kind of neat if you got control, of everything down here like you have up there.
We're kinda in a mess down here you know.
Yes, I know; but, have I got control of you?
Well, I go to church.
That isn't what I asked you.
What about your bad temper?
You've really got a problem there, you know.
And then there's the way you spend your money -- all on yourself.
And what about the kind of books you read?

Now hold on just a minute!
Stop picking on me!
I'm just as good as some of the rest of those people at church!
Excuse ME.
I thought you were praying for my will to be done.
If that is to happen, it will have to start with the ones who are praying for it.
Like you -- for example.

Oh, all right. I guess I do have some hang-ups.
Now that you mention it,
I could probably name some others.
So could I.
I haven't thought about it very much until now, but I really would like to cut out some of those
things. I would like to, you know, be really free.
Good.
Now we're getting somewhere.
We'll work together -- You and ME.
I'm proud of You.

Look, Lord, if you don't mind,
I need to finish up here.
This is taking a lot longer than it usually does.
Give us this day, our daily bread.
You need to cut out the bread.
You're overweight as it is.

Hey, wait a minute! What is this?
Here I was doing my religious duty, and all of a sudden you break in and remind me of all my hang-ups.
Praying is a dangerous thing.
You just might get what you ask for.

Remember, you called ME -- and here I am.
It's too late to stop now.
Keep praying. ( . . . pause )

Well, go on.
I'm scared to.
Scared? Of what?
I know what you'll say.
Try ME.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
What about (name)?
See? I knew it!
I knew you would bring him/her up!
Why, Lord, he/she told lies about me, spread stories.
He/She never paid back the money he/she owes me.
I've sworn to get even with him/her!
But -- your prayer -- What about your prayer?
I didn't -- mean it.
Well, at least you're honest.
But, it's quite a load carrying around all that bitterness and resentment isn't it?
Yes, but I'll feel better as soon as I get even with him/her.
Boy, have I got some plans for him/her. He/She'll wish he/she had never been born.
No, you won't feel any better.
You'll feel worse.
Revenge isn't sweet.

You know how unhappy you are -- Well, I can change that.
You can? How?
Forgive (name).
Then, I'll forgive you; And the hate and the sin, will be (name's) problem -- not yours.
You will have settled the problem as far as you are concerned.

Oh, you know, you're right.
You always are.
And more than I want revenge,
I want to be right with You . . (sigh).
All right . . all right . .
I forgive him/her.
There now!
Wonderful!
How do you feel?

Hmmmm. Well, not bad.
Not bad at all!
In fact, I feel pretty great!
You know, I don't think I'll go to bed uptight tonight.
I haven't been getting much rest, you know.
Yeah, I know.
But, you're not through with your prayer are you? Go on.
Oh, all right.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Good! Good! I'll do that.
Just don't put yourself in a place where you can be tempted.
What do you mean by that?
You know what I mean.
Yeah. I know.
Okay.
Go ahead. Finish your prayer.
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.
Amen.
Do you know what would bring me glory -- What would really make me happy?
No, but I'd like to know.
I want to please you now.
I've really made a mess of things. I want to truly follow you.
I can see now how great that would be.
So, tell me . . . How do I make you happy?

YOU just did.

Last edited:
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Called ME.
You said,
"Our Father who art in Heaven"
Well, here I am.
What's on your mind?
I have seen first hand the work you are capable of performing with one of the worst of us...me. You transformed my life by delivering me from a lifetime of substance abuse, shame and guilt. I have witnessed and testified regarding this, and made a point to be as transparent as I am able, so others could see and believe the depths at which I used to dwell and the height upon which you have safely delivered me. Though I know I have made amends with you and my fellow man for the deeds of my past I am still accountable for the consequences. These consequences have been a burden, which at times, seems to great too bear. I accepted and owned (with as much of a grateful and humble spirit as possible) these consequences and 'served my time'. I perservered as well as I could with all of my strength and all of my hope. It seems that for some reason, my time was extended and I still had more to learn.

I prayed that you would reveal to me what it was...and you did!

Since the beginning of the extension of this 'time', I have honestly relinquished my previous spirit in exchange for a spirit of bitterness, impatience, criticism, ungratefulness and sometimes hostility. Now, under the circumstances, this would not be something unusual, and I have at times had people very close to me affirm my circumstances being a significant burden that they don't know how they would bear.

Throughout all of this time I have had a wife who has, to the best of her ability, supported me in every way possible. She is a great mom, raising a perfect daughter. She is a great caretaker/homemaker, who also works part-time contributing to the family income. And, if this is not enough, tolerates living with me.

Unfortunately I have made her a victim of much of my behavior. I was not physically abusive, but projected every ounce of my frustration onto her in was of criticism, insensitivity, impatience and indifference. Uncounciously believing that old stupid "if she only was" then I would everything would be better, or at least the way i wanted it to be.

I am very familiar with the issues of family dynamics and what it subjects a child to when there is unhealthy spirit in the home. I wanted to, with all my heart to behave better. But my flesh was stronger and I would fail over and over again. Because I was aware of my behavior, the effect it would have on others and my inability to control it, I chose to move out.

I have since been living alone for two months, seeing my daughter on weekends. We have our home for sale. We have behaved civily for the most part, with the exception of my episodes here and there. I continue to support my wife and daughter and their lifestyle. It was my hope that by my moving out she would see that the issues that I had issue with were signifcant enough to me that I was willing to toss all the good I had in my life in exchange or making my point. After all, I felt that I had done everything in my power to make her see my point of view...right.

Well, Lord...I was wrong!

The issues are not her, they are me. I said to you over and over again that I was doing everything I could to make things right, but I wasn't. I even prayed for her to find some sort of message from you that would make her see some part of her that needed to change. In the end...it is me. You see, I know first hand what you are able to do with me and for me. You saved my life. Yet I was not willing to let you save my marriage. I wanted to be right more than I wanted you to fix what was wrong. The what was wrong...is me.

You have provided me with the perfect wife for me. Please deliver me from this critical spirit, this anger, this frustration, this indifference. Please replace it with appreciation, joy, contentment and love. Give me the courage and the strength to walk in your Spirit inspite of circumstances. Give me the humilty to ask to be forgiven and welcomed home.

Thank you for gently and lovingly and patiently revealing my sin to me. Please deliver me from it.

Thy will be done...and I mean it.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Bryan, you are my role model. I've been going through some tough times last 6 months and reading your posts really help me. GOD bless you.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
You touch so many people more than you'll ever know, Brian. You are an inspiration to us all and an exemplary model of what it truly means to be Christ-like. God bless you, my friend, as you have blessed me and so many others.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does a man of faith do when he prays about a situation and the Lord replies:
“Brian, be the husband that I want you to be, not the one you want to be. Be obedient to Me and serve your wife as if you are serving Me. Your enemy has divided you and your wife. Resist him! Surrender your pride so I can ‘continue’ to bestow the grace and blessings I have in store for you. I have already proven Myself faithful to deliver to you all that I have promised. I am not done with you.�

I'll be obedient and let Him finish the good work in me that He started.

Last edited:
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two updates to share with my friends and brothers here at AM. I feel lead to, as it is the fellowship that I have here that has allowed me to so candidly and transparently share my testimony and journey. Your role in this has been abundantly valueable in the process of my personal growth.

As of Thursday 10-13 I reside with my wife and daughter again. It has it's bumps...all marriages do and will. But I am resolved to 'demonstrate' more of the character I profess to posess.

As of today, Monday 10-17, the MVD has reinstated my driving privileges. My hearing went off without a hitch. Quite honestly, it was a slam dunk victory!!! Almost as if a door was opened and a path made clear before me to walk though. It took absolutely an instant, after my testimony, for the hearing officer to make her judgement. For you who are familiar with my situation regarding the MVD, you know that this is a tremendous victory and release of burden for the B5150 camp.

God is good...I have seen it with my own two eyes. :)

Thank you all for the support and friendship.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Great news B. This is your time dude! You deserve it! I am very happy for you. Best of luck with the wife and everything else. If you need anything, shoot me a PM.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. If you can get me a "go to the front of the line" MVD pass it would make my day a lot more productive. :)

There were two items I needed to get done yesterday. One was dealyed because the MVD computer did not reflect the hearing judgement. Took the day off of work yesterday for the hearing and I will be off today so I can hopefully wrap all this up.

The irony is, in this case, I would enjoy a day on line at the MVD over a day at work ;)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I'm very happy for you, Brian, good luck and enjoy your life. God bless you, you know it :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks D.

Well I'm on the road again. I can't believe I'm gonna say this; I can't wait to drive myself into work today. It has been 4 years!!! :frustrate

I have been so blessed with a family who has supported me through this whole time. Right before my revocation was to expire (6 months ago) my stepfather and mother bought me a '96 Dodge 2500 X-Cab LB PU. It has sat for the last 6 months waiting for this to be cleared up so I could drive it.

Needless to say I am very excited for myself :woohoo:

Last edited:
TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Needles to say I am very excited for myself :woohoo:
THAT's WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!! :dance:

I'm sorry we keep missing each other B, bad timing thats all. I was finishing up a lesson when you initially called...

Had tha opportunity presented itself to call you back last night I was gonna rib you about not sounding all that happy on your message.

If it were me I'd be going around huggin' people, gettin all crazy
:toofunny: :woohoo: :rofl:

... so much so people in line would have been like :ntome: :ntome:

Then if victory wasn't enough, you'd have no line to wait through for sure! :thumbsup:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was gonna rib you about not sounding all that happy on your message.
When is the last time you were at MVD. Uhggggg!!!! After 4 years and all I went through...I'm still a number. That was my first visit. They found record of the hearing officers approval, but another department (Driver Improvement) needed to remove a hold they had on me. So now I need to CALL MVD. Ever call MVD...on cell minutes. :frustrate After 45 of my cell minutes I got the right people to make the needed changes. Back to MVD again. 1.75 hours wait. Should have seen the clerks looks on their faces. It was as if I was PE #1.

Clerk: Lets see, we have one in Oct 99, one in April 2000, another in Sept 2000.......hhmmmmm
B5150: Yeah I made a couple mistakes that year.
Clerk: I'm gonna need to get my supervisor.
B5150: OK, thanks for all your help.
Clerk: hmmmmmm...lets see if I can get this to work...hhmmm.
Clerk: You got SR22?
B5150: Yes Mam...right here.
Clerk: .....hmmmm
Clerk: You got the interlock?
B5150: Yes Mam...right here.
Clerk: OK, your total is gonna be...$$$$$
Clerk: I don't want to see you here again any time soon.
B5150: No Mam...Thanks for all you help...you have a great day.

B5150 (in parking lot): I got to blow in this thing...EVERY TIME?
B5150: Pass!!!
B5150: Hope I remember how to drive.... :hammer: