How to type an ellipsis.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Three dots people. THREE. Not two. Not four. And definitely not some long ass arbitrary string. Three effing dots.

:aargh::aargh::aargh:

As in, I wonder how many dots an ellipsis consists of...

Thanks folks... that's all for now... in another installment, we'll discuss gross abuse of the ellipsis... but here's a hint to whet your whistle... if you have more ellipses in your post than ordinary periods... you're doing something wrong...

:rofl:

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
you're crazy...I'm laughing my ass off...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
So what........are you calling me stupid?

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i guess this was meant somewhat for me, ah well, to old to change now:) if this is the only thing that bothers you...............lol

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
wow..... this is a message board chief..... a place where one doesn't and shouldn't have to worry his/her grammar is going to get graded.....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Honest to god.............................................................................................................................................................................. I think you mistook this board for English Comp II. Proper ettiquette is for whusses. ;)

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Just so you know, you guys who were trying to give me an aneurism with your abysmal ellipses constructs have succeeded. I hope you're happy. :frustrate

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
For some reason it does not surprise me that you were the one to make this thread. :lol:

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Every time I see a sentence with quite a few ellipsises (or ellipsisi?
) I always imagine Bill Shatner reading that sentence. Maybe it's just me and I'm quirky like that. :D

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Actually, in certain cases, four is the proper number, but who gives a ****.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
The plural is "ellipses." And when are you ever going to type a three dot ellipsis? If you end a sentence with it and want to punctuate it with a terminal period as well? I can see that as technically correct, but in poor taste.