Anyone else sick of hearing about the hurricanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doberman

Awards
It's not that I don't care about the people involved...but all this news jabber is not going to help anyone. No real information is being passed on anyway...and there are lots of other important things going on, dammit.

ok rant over.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I can understand not wanting to see anymore about it. I know I dont, and I'm right in the middle of it. I swear if I see that sniveling, bitch of a governor of Louisiana on TV one more time almost in tears I'm gonna go beserk. She can't handle the office to which she was elected, and neither can Nagin.

The only troubles are in New Orleans because thats where the media was to cause such an uproar... they hate republicans, thats the bottom line. Did you see any of this trouble in Mississippi or Alabama? No.

Of the people I've dealt with personally, I've received nothing but gratitude and respect and no complaints. New Orleans should be ashamed of themselves, and I feel bad for the cities that its residents end up moving to. What a dirty city.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I do wish that NO would quit being on the news so much..

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I am in a huge fight about this on another board and I am going to keep my trap shut here.

But yes, I am sick of hearing about it.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I am a little sick of hearing about it, but only because it's repetative crap. I get it was tragic on a massive scale for a lot of people. What little debate there is on the issue seems to be very one sided, with basically everyone blaming the Republicans, a few Republicans either blaming Democrats (a little more on the money since it was the Dems that were 'running' the state and were responsible for things before the hurricane hit and thus, bear a great responsibility for the aftermath being so massive), and a greater number of apologist Republicans basically accepting blame and trying to dismiss it and say we should concentrate on rescue and rebuilding efforts. However, the end result will be the same. More money will be given to the government at all levels to be misused. Things would have been severely screwed up no matter which party was in power at any level at the time.

I do love the media bias though, especially when it's so blatant in a situation like this. Barely any blame gets put on the liberal Democrats who were responsible at the local and state levels for preparations before the storm, and almost all the blame falls on conservative Republicans for basically not being able to rebuild the city in a day. The truth is things were screwed up at all levels by all people and the real blame falls on the heads of Americans who were complacent enough to believe the government would magically protect them from a force of nature like this. Some blame I would also put on the media for hyping every fart someone let loose in the area as the potential end of the world. Perhaps if they hadn't cried wolf at every above normal breeze in the area for so long people would have been more responsive to the initial warnings.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Well if the republicans didn't hate black people it would be different. :)

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its called personal responsibility, alot more people in this country should give it a try and quit waiting on someone else to take care of them, not everyone is a victim........

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its called personal responsibility, alot more people in this country should give it a try and quit waiting on someone else to take care of them, not everyone is a victim........
Exactly. I am sick of hearing politicians blaming each other, of listening to FEMA saying they didn't do anything wrong, and of Bush taking responsibility for something he had little control over. I am not a Bush fan, but the local and state governments had total control over the evacuation and preparation for the storm. It is illegal for the feds to jump in unless asked, and that wonderful governor REFUSED help from the feds. IMO, she should be jailed, along with Mayor Nagin, for willful neglect. I can't wait until all the 'victims' of crimes during the tragedy start suing the city for neglecting to protect them. It's coming...

I also don't understand the constant complaining from NOLA. No offense, but if a business or a homeowner didn't have insurance, should the government pay to rebuild their lives??? In the same area??? But someone has to take care of all the innocent victims, right???

I have had enough already. FWIW, there was a major (cat 5) hurricane that hit China last week. People were killed in the flooding. I only heard it reported once, and don't expect to hear it again.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I am a little sick of hearing about it, but only because it's repetative crap. I get it was tragic on a massive scale for a lot of people. What little debate there is on the issue seems to be very one sided, with basically everyone blaming the Republicans, a few Republicans either blaming Democrats (a little more on the money since it was the Dems that were 'running' the state and were responsible for things before the hurricane hit and thus, bear a great responsibility for the aftermath being so massive), and a greater number of apologist Republicans basically accepting blame and trying to dismiss it and say we should concentrate on rescue and rebuilding efforts. However, the end result will be the same. More money will be given to the government at all levels to be misused. Things would have been severely screwed up no matter which party was in power at any level at the time.

I do love the media bias though, especially when it's so blatant in a situation like this. Barely any blame gets put on the liberal Democrats who were responsible at the local and state levels for preparations before the storm, and almost all the blame falls on conservative Republicans for basically not being able to rebuild the city in a day. The truth is things were screwed up at all levels by all people and the real blame falls on the heads of Americans who were complacent enough to believe the government would magically protect them from a force of nature like this. Some blame I would also put on the media for hyping every fart someone let loose in the area as the potential end of the world. Perhaps if they hadn't cried wolf at every above normal breeze in the area for so long people would have been more responsive to the initial warnings.
:drunk:
Exactly how I see it.

I get so sick of people asking for handouts just because they think they 'deserve' it. The second most important item to own besides a home (or rent an apt) is a vehicle. I dont give two shits about people who claim you dont need one in a city, blah blah blah... This is exactly why you might need one :) Its not our fault those people are so poor and spend their money on drugs to get high that they cant afford a running automobile.

Going to college in this country is FREE if you are poor. Those people have no willpower and I don't feel sorry for them, only for their undereducated children who will grow up and be just like them one day.... looting Heiniken like that one guy who is now famous. (or infamous?)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Going to college in this country is FREE if you are poor. Those people have no willpower and I don't feel sorry for them, only for their undereducated children who will grow up and be just like them one day.... looting Heiniken like that one guy who is now famous. (or infamous?)
That pic is now infamous. But, I have to admit that if I was going to go looting in the aftermath of something like that, a few 12 packs of Heiniken would be at the top of my list.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
That pic is now infamous. But, I have to admit that if I was going to go looting in the aftermath of something like that, a few 12 packs of Heiniken would be at the top of my list.
It's only natural progresion of human nature right?

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
BTW...in that other thread, one of my main points was a comercial that ran all through Sundaynight football. Clinton and Bush SR asking for us to donate and what not, and they kept cutting to pictures of people starving, drowning, begging for food and water. REally sad...however they showed for a half a sec a chick holding up a sign that says " send us need water" and her friend is standing there holding a can of Miller lite. <Priceless>

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Refried you are so hillarious about the guy who was forsaken in anabolicxtreme. I understand one has to responsibility, but in truth some had no place to go, and for the ones who went to the dome, and convention center, pieces of **** preyed on a vulnerable people. I also commend you on having a plan for a hurricane, not many people are that smart. But then again not many are cut from the Hustler's cloth you have been. In the other thread i suspect prof, is black ( so am I) who is quite liberal, and educated, a handicap I think because some including myself had high road attitudes, and believes education saves the world. But in fact it does not, and puttin the work gets you those rewards BET videos shows the youth. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TAKING FUCKIN RESPOSIBILITY AND PLAY T HE HANDS GIVEN. And for those who think i am soundin like Cosby, i believe in everything he said, i read the speech 3 times, and was like damn he is so right, and us Americans ESP. Black Americans need to WAKE THE **** UP AND GET IT... The American DREAM. SO in closing Refried i have a newrespect for you telling it like t- I- is (sorry ebonics) :afro:

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
HAHA, no I believe profesor is a little white boy. He is the all knowing, liberal dem with no street smarts.

I am a high school dropout with tons of street smarts. I am just one for taking responsibiluty for my own actions and think everyone else should too.

Thanks for reading that, I had zero backup overthere.

BYW as far as your ebonics goes, I'm down, yo, I'm cool like dat...word.

OUT :}

Status
Not open for further replies.