Do you guys have any of these people at your gym?

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I was at the gym, and while i was in the middle of my set I see this big fat mexican dude with fake swap-mart-ripoff sun glasses on and a wife-beater thats stretched out over his rolls, strut on into the freeweight section with his arms out at 45 degree angles like theres lats under them or something. I was trying soo hard not to laugh and ruin my potential set, and then heres what did me in. Two scrubby guys, maybe in their mid 20's walk in behind him, Knee high socks, black dickies sagged past their socks, dirty stained wife beaters on, 1 had on a white bandana on his head, and the other eminiem wannabe had his hair slicked back with fresh grease starting to drip down onto his forehead..

If that wasnt bad enough, while the chump with his hair slicked back was doing smith military presses (with 5 lbs on each side) i looked on the ground right next to him and there was : One of those 4 dollar "GET RIPPED NOW" shakes you buy from those vending machines, a can of coke (opened), and a pack of Marlboro's, with a cig chillin on his right ear.

I couldnt even laugh, I wanted to go up to both of them and quietly whisper to them, "Your both gigantic douches". The whole while these two clowns are yelling at eachother across the gym "Yo derek, yo be liftin some pussy ass weight over der" while the other one screams "Man shu da fu up, ill outlift you anyday."

Sorry guys i had to get this outta me, and i was just wondering if you guys had any people at your gym like this. You may have a few and not know it, because these are the guys that only come once a month and work arms to "stay in shape".... pff, bitches.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
they're everywhere. there's a trio of mexicans that come into my gym damn near everyday. so far, i've seen them go through a 2 hour bicep routine, couple sets of flat bench, followed by 1 set of leg press, this is repeated 2-3 times per week. their ringleader wears a bandanna around his head, being that he's the biggest. and by biggest, i mean 5'7", maybe 150lbs.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Funny stuff. BTW, do you work out in the ghetto or something?

I dont think there are any mexicans in my gym to speak of. And only a couple black dudes. But my gym is in the middle of white suberbia.

The good news is they wont stick with it so you will probably never see them again in a couple weeks.

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
Yea these bitches were white trailor trash, led by the big FAT mexican dude with absolutely no muscle at all. And these dudes were also like 160 lbs, 130 lbs with a 30 lb gut.

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
Funny stuff. BTW, do you work out in the ghetto or something?

The good news is they wont stick with it so you will probably never see them again in a couple weeks.
Funny thing is I live in Laguna Beach....

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Posers

Yes, being that i workout at Bally's yes i do, see these types all the damn time. The good thing is that you only see them once.:nutkick:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
not a ghetto by any means. it's a kick ass gym actually. most everyone there takes lifting very seriously, even got a few competitors of PL'ing and BB'ing there. but like you said, you can always tell who will stick with it and who won't. i would venture to say, those 3 will be done by new years.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Try working out at a college rec...with the five guys around the bench press for an hou and doing curls in the squat racks :wtf:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
beelze, don't say anything - don't want you to get stabbed

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
we nickname dudes at my gym......got this one guy we call lawnmower man!!! he wears like wells lement leather work gloves and like a bandanna with sunglasses.........

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, a few of the "regulars" at my gym...

1) Bicep/Bench ONLY guys. They are so disproportionate it's not even funny. It looks like they are about to topple at any moment. I usually call them "pencil legs." and the sad thing is the girls don't seem to notice.. :(

2) The guys who bring their girlfriends in just to show them off! These guys are also notorious for trying to show off to their girls by using weights way too heavy for them.

3) The Cell phoners! these are notorious for hogging the bench while chatting with their friends. Leave the damn phone in the car!

4) the skinny, unqualified "trainers" teaching people completely wrong technique and form!

5) and finally, the guys who mind their own business, work through their reps, then get out, like me!

I'm sure you all can think of some more.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
How about the average build guys who bring in their overweight girlfriends in a desperate attempt to make them sexually attractive? I see that on a regular basis.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, a few of the "regulars" at my gym...

1) Bicep/Bench ONLY guys. They are so disproportionate it's not even funny. It looks like they are about to topple at any moment. I usually call them "pencil legs." and the sad thing is the girls don't seem to notice.. :(

2) The guys who bring their girlfriends in just to show them off! These guys are also notorious for trying to show off to their girls by using weights way too heavy for them.

3) The Cell phoners! these are notorious for hogging the bench while chatting with their friends. Leave the damn phone in the car!

4) the skinny, unqualified "trainers" teaching people completely wrong technique and form!

5) and finally, the guys who mind their own business, work through their reps, then get out, like me!

I'm sure you all can think of some more.
:wtf: I def see all of them all the time at my gym. I LOATHE the cell phoners, or the readers, who the F*** comes to the gym to read the newspaper. The no 2's kill me, especially if they try to front , and wind up needing a spot. I almost had to kick a number 2's ass. He tried to front me while im on the leg press asking me was i done, and i was lifting pussy weights, Had to breathe and relax, I would have whooped and old mans ass. Anyway its hillarious to know these types of people are across the country!!! By the way I am number 5
:bow28:

Numbers 1-4

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL...I've not had this problem at my gym, luckily.

Only problems I have are:

1) There is a lady with FF boobs who love the eliptical machine
2) There is an old guy who walks around naked in the bathroom, and also has a tendency to blow farts when he's benching (with his legs up). However, the old man can move some weight. I've seen him move 245 x 3-4 and he's a stocky older guy. And, he minds his business, so I just let him be and smile it away.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
damn i go to an AWESOME gym.
You see some people doing some stupid things every once in a while, but the regulars are all big, humble, nice guys.
Only weird thing you see in my gym is people overtraining. Doing 20 sets of shoulder presses--military, arnold, and then on the cybex also :wtf:

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
damn i go to an AWESOME gym.
You see some people doing some stupid things every once in a while, but the regulars are all big, humble, nice guys.
Only weird thing you see in my gym is people overtraining. Doing 20 sets of shoulder presses--military, arnold, and then on the cybex also :wtf:
THEY ON DA JUICE BABY!!...DA JUICE MAKEA U REAL BIG!!

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, i forget about the weird old guys who walk around naked in the locker room!

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Or how about the guys who conversate with you while you are tryin to do your set. Or when there is a hot ass girl and you make eye contact with her, then her boyfriend catches her, damn I hate those.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
At the Golds I was working out at there were about 5 black guys that all work out together, well only 1 really works out and everyone of them YELLS everything they say all the time, and one time they were doing leg press with four 45s per side and one of them hops up on the top of the leg press and starts yelling down at the other one, and the freakin body odor they track in there is ridiculious, jackasses!!!!! I moved to a Powerhouse gym, no more idiots like that, except for the guy that just stretches then leaves. lol

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
I'm kinda in awe at just how good my gyms are (I work out three Gold's, due to the fact that my work finds me all over the place). Most of the guys in there are a reasonably ripped 200 pounds or more. Very quiet, stand up guys who go in, do their work, and get out. Maybe a friendly word or two, and there's always a spot whenever you need.

It almost bums me out, man, I was hoping I'd be king of the world at 5'10"-188-9%. :lol: Instead I'm basically the token Justin Timberlake turd. :sad:

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OK I have it good. But I have :

1. An obese asian girl who sings, claps her hands and makes FIGURE-SKATING MOVES in the weight room. All the time. Oh and she wears fluorescent pink and green. All the time.

2. A tall, lanky 45-year-old or so wearing next to nothing with faded tattoos everywhere including on his FACE who just loves to SLAM every single plate from the leg press back into place.

3. Small, inexperienced, young lifters who RUSH unrequested to spot you in the middle of any set any time any which way.

So I have it good. ;)

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
:wtf: I def see all of them all the time at my gym. I LOATHE the cell phoners, or the readers, who the F*** comes to the gym to read the newspaper. The no 2's kill me, especially if they try to front , and wind up needing a spot. I almost had to kick a number 2's ass. He tried to front me while im on the leg press asking me was i done, and i was lifting pussy weights, Had to breathe and relax, I would have whooped and old mans ass. Anyway its hillarious to know these types of people are across the country!!! By the way I am number 5
:bow28:

Numbers 1-4
I've seen some interesting people through the years. During my frosh/sophomore year's at college, I would always encounter a group of four guys who did nothing but assist each other during preacher curls. Amazingly, they must have done this routine 3x a week (at least during the times I'd see them). At my home gym (during the summers), there was a guy who appeared as if he came directly from 1985. He had a huge mullet, wore neon colors, zoobaz (spelling???) pants, and those old Everlast cut-off shirts.

Now, I witness every so often, a person performing leg presses while on their cell phone. It doesn't get much better than that.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For the most part I have it pretty good. I am at college but do not go to the rec. Instead I payed for the year to use a smaller gym on campus in my building which is basically more hardcore lifters. Most of the ones that don't know what they are doing go to the rec. center since it is a free. Anyways, what I see is the occasional guy who will do curls in the squat rack (I still can't understand why someone does this, it seems to have no benifit besides taking up more space than need be). The only other thing I see is the same 3 guys come in and do 2 sets of bench with too heavy of weight. They need a spot on the 1st-4th rep. Than they spend the rest of their time doing abs. The only weird thing is, the head guy of this group is not a small guy. By no means big, but over 200lbs with a pretty low bf and decent proportion. I can't figure out how he got that, maybe I just see him when he fucks around with his buddies or something.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
They guy I absolutely detest is the old man at my gym who gives evryone unwanted advice on how to get huge while he's 180-190 pounds of sagging lard at 5'4'' tall. He tells everyone what they're doing wrong and anything he says is the absolute truth and he has a bodybuilding.com shirt LMAO

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
We have the weight section of powerhouse, and than we also offer classes to...So we get the annoying girls with the make up on, matching outfits, and you hear them whine,"but i dont want to sweat, my make up will get ruined".........that kills me.....I cant stand those girls, your either there to lift or your there to try and get a man.......hence 1/2 the female memebers at my gym.....

Than in the weight section, i call him cigeratte butt head, to tanned, a gross stained wife beater, and jeans with workboots.........i laugh.......he needs to go......and everyweek he asks me,"you really going to lift that"....No dummy I am going to eat it......Geesshhhhh

So unless I am teaching at the gym now, I wear headphones even with out the music on........peace and quiet.......:)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
same here at my powerhouse

there are some respectable bros in there of decent sizes... hell I'm not a very big guy,but I do all my core lifts with great form and with respectable weight, etc...

but there are some people in there that piss me off... Probably the biggest is the smelly black guy with a couple gold teeth... thinks he is the baddest **** in the world, has ILS (dunno how he thinks that, never does any backwork at all). The thing that pisses me off about him, is that he takes up 3 or 4 spots in the gym... one being say, the hammer strength incline machine, the squat rack, and say an incline bench. If you sit on it, he tells you "i'm usin that"
He actually walked out of the gym one time, and so I jumped on the squat rack... 7-8 minutes later I'm on my last set, and he strolls back in and proceeds to bash me telling me I have no business in the rack and that I should have payed attention to the towel he left 3 ft away because he had the machine before me. I got so pissed and told him that he can always go do bicep curls somewhere else if he wants but that I would be using the rack for what it was intended for.

That and the makeup wearing bimbos that strut around trying to get guys to look at them. I swear they wear some of the dumbest outfits for the gym... shorts that are too short (and bought from like Abercrombie or something) and some tight top.

And like WG, I bring headphones and turn it way up, and I ignore everyone... unless its a friend that I'm greeting, and even then its "Hey, how are you? Great! K man, talk to you later". Takes 10 seconds and I dont have to be rude :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man, this thread is great. Let's keep it going.
I meant to start a "characters at your gym" thread but Katrina and Rita have made things crazy around here.

Before I get started, I can't believe you guys don't appreciate the token bimbo's. I love the short shorts and tight t-shirts. I mean who doens't love seeing that, unless it's on some fatass.
I guess once you lose the women at the gym, it's like withdrawl. There are about 10 or 15 that attend my gym (while I'm there). Probably 95% of more guys.

So, here goes - I've given some thought to the characters in my gym. Perhaps you can identify these at your gym.

1) Sh*tbreath - this guy has breath that could make the hair on your neck stand up! It's toxic.
At my gym, he wears an NBA logo headband, shaves his head, is probably my age or so, and wears a polo/golf shirt with Fubu (or similar) jean shorts. Odd choice. But he can lift some weight.

2) The ubiquitous weird old guy. This middle class white dude probably in his 50's always wears a tennis uniform. White polo shirt, white khaki shorts, socks halfway up his calf, with some weird white boating looking shoes. Sometimes he sports a white Ralph Lauren hat. He ALWAYS has a papertowel that he wets down in the water fountain on his forehead.
I'm at a loss as to why.
He always gets one of 2 fans we have and plugs it in next to his cardio machine of choice and aims it from the floor up to him. I once watched him tell someone they couldn't use the elliptical machine next to his because he had taken that outlet for the fan.
I noticed last week that he carries a mini battery powered handheld fan. He had it about an inch from his nose between sets.
So weird...

3) The 5 million old guys that walk around butt ass naked in the locker room. I swear I wish we had a bathroom outside of the locker room. I've honestly contemplated pissing in the water fountain just so I don't have to go in there.
We have guys that just carry on conversations naked with each other right inside the door. There is no missing it as you walk through to the bathroom!!!

4) Mr. No Rotatorcuff. At college, there was this kid with a lazy eye that only did pullups. Only.
But, he did them so violently that I swore he a) would tear his shoulders clean off or b) had no rotatorcuff muscles.
I can't describe how he performed the pullups enough to do it justice. But, suffice it to say, if someone had ever used momentum to complete an exercise, it was this guy.

5) Pigpen.
This guy is a close cousin of Sh*tbreath. He apparently doesn't know what a shower or bath is because he ALWAYS smells like ass.
Look, I understand you don't want to go in the locker room. I don't blame you for that.
But, PLEASE do us all a favor and buy some soap and shampoo and shower before coming to the gym.
Perhaps once every 2 or 3 days? Something!

6)Knownothing Counter Worker.
This creature gives comically bad advice on supplements/overpriced protein shakes to anyone that comes remotely near the counter.
Nevermind the fact that he's probably 50 lbs. overweight (not that that makes him an idiot, but still...).
I once heard him saying that 5 milligrams of creatine stimulated metabolism.
Oh really? 5 mg's of creatine? Wow. Groundbreaking research you must have access to.

7) Birthing A Cow As He Lifts.
This guy sounds like he is giving birth to a cow as he completes his 4th (and last) rep where he needs a spot from the 1st rep onward.
His bloodcurdling groans start on the 1st rep and get louder as his workout parter begins to shoulder more of the load.
His partner inevitably gets more of a workout spotting Mr. Birthing than in his own lifting.
I once heard this guy drown the music and 5 TV's (which are all pretty loud) with his yelling.
I should have notified the Guiness Book.

I've got some more characters, but I'm not remembering them now.

Edit - I just remembered one.
Partial Rep.
This guy does partial reps for EVERY exercise.
He does 3-4" range of motion barbell curls.
He does bench press of 6" ROM.
I don't think he technically lifts the lying leg curl pad up. But he tries.

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
Man, this thread is great. Let's keep it going.
I meant to start a "characters at your gym" thread but Katrina and Rita have made things crazy around here.
I started a "people at your gym thread" but since it was so close this one i made, a mod deleted it WAHHH :(...lol. Yeah lets keep this one goin, great post btw dude. Ill be sure to add my characters in a bit.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards

JGB

Awards
Yes, being that i workout at Bally's yes i do, see these types all the damn time. The good thing is that you only see them once.:nutkick:

I love that quote! Isn't that from "The Last Dragon"?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man i think that if being a naked old man in the locker room was an exercise then it would be the most popular one in my gym. Seriously whats with this???? i got a couple of the groups of mexican guys all 5 of them working the same machine at once making sure to get a good 5 min break between sets, couldnt do with out that break.... meanwhile the other 4 not doing the exercise are making sure to take up the surrounding machines... cause they wouldnt dare touch a free weight. hmmm who else? ahh the freekin wierd janitor in the bathroom that makes sure everythings in tip top shape, wouldnt want to leave any wrappers on the floor for more then a second, personally i think he enjoys the company of all the "old balls". how bout the poor kids that are probally like 5'8" 100 lbs. dont think their ever gonna gain till they learn to eat something. but my all time favorite would be this 40 year old guy that loves his lat pull downs.. yanks it daown soo fast his back hits the bench and by his last set he nearly tears his arms out the sockets and lets the bar pull him flying up off the seat. i feel bad for these guys i dont want to see them hurt themselves.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes the Shogun from Harlem IS BACK !!!

I love that quote! Isn't that from "The Last Dragon"?
The Last Dragon is my all time favorite MOVIE !!! But what trips me out, is that all gyms have the old wrinkled up raisan guy who walks around naked !!! I HATE THAT !!! and its against all suave and cool guy rules to talk to another guy while they're getting dressed, UNLESS you are friends, workout partners our brothers. DO not talk to me naked if i dont know U !!! Can we meet with clothes on, and then find out if you are worth talking too ???
I also hate the old guy who overtrains, but trys to tell u what to do, and he looks the same since you have joined the gym !!!
Lastly I hate the guys who have simmer suatee' nut smell !!! Was h your ass people, i dont want to help spot u or talk to you smellin like the dump and a baby's diaper !!!

CSK

Board Supporter
Awards
Sorry guys, but I think the 120lb guy doing squats in the Smith machine, holding the bar with one hand and talking on his cell with the other, takes the cake.

tattoopierced1

i always hate the "sweat" people that dont clean things off after they are done. We have one guy we call "SweatyAss" because when he is done in the locker room, you wouldnt dare put anything down in the ass sweat pool he leaves behind. Then there are the guys who wear the umbros commando and get ball sweat all over the machines....sometimes i just want to punch those people for not cleaning up after themselves...needless to say, the antibacterial hand sanitizer is kept within close reach.

I also love the guys who put little weight on whatever they are doing, but yell like they are doing 500lbs or so, or the ones that sounds like a choo choo train....

captain chet

Awards
I also love the guys who put little weight on whatever they are doing, but yell like they are doing 500lbs or so, or the ones that sounds like a choo choo train....
Hey 225 to some people IS like 500 to other people. I dont get why its not acceptable for someone (me) to make exertion sounds when doing 195 when thats tough for me. Its a natural response to grunt when pushing weights that are heavy relative to what you do. So i dont see why its any different if someone maxes out at 225 and grunts, or if somebody a lot bigger maxes out at 425 and grunts. Both guys are using all the force they have. Why is it unacceptable for the weaker guy to grunt?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey 225 to some people IS like 500 to other people. I dont get why its not acceptable for someone (me) to make exertion sounds when doing 195 when thats tough for me. Its a natural response to grunt when pushing weights that are heavy relative to what you do. So i dont see why its any different if someone maxes out at 225 and grunts, or if somebody a lot bigger maxes out at 425 and grunts. Both guys are using all the force they have. Why is it unacceptable for the weaker guy to grunt?
Dude relax, we are poking fun at funny people in the gym. You are taking it way to seriously. First off he didnt say the weight or you. All he said was the grunting with light weights 225 is not light. This is 2 funny !!! So sensitive...

badmofaux

Awards
I don't understand why some fools get so bent out of shape when I ask them if I can "work in" on the machine with them, or to borrow their dumbells for a set.

I only approach those who take their sweet-ass time between sets, but 99% of them react as if my 90 seconds on the machine is going to ruin their workout. They usually say yes, but their facial expression shows aggravation. I feel like slapping some sense into them.

tattoopierced1

The weights I am referring to are the 10lb weights. Dont assume I meant something dude, you get all bent out of shape for nothing.

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
2 days ago I was at the gym, and i go over to the cable section to get a quick set in. I ask the guy if i could work in with him real quick. He looks up at me (while resting) and goes actually YEAH i DO mind. Im like what? Hes all im supersetting im im trying to get the **** outta here as fast as possible. Im dude chill, and walked off. I come back 10 mins later and hes still doin his gay little superset, and some 300 lb HUGE dude just walks over there and starts lifting. And the other dude cant do **** about it. It was priceless.

Cold

Awards
Last week I saw two 6' tall, 140 pound black guys doing front raises with 15 pound dumbells. In between sets they both began eating some cheetos and drinking a coca-cola. Then I go over to a seat next to them and starting shoulder pressing 70 lb dumbells. That was pretty funny.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
These threads pop up about once every six months and they are the greatest.

The creepy old guy is at every gym.

I remember when I worked at Ballys, the old folks would come in first thing in the morning and head straight to the spa area. There they would spend all day reading the paper, sleeping by the pool, and alternating between the sauna and steam room.

Also when I worked there one lady came up and complained to me at night about some guy who was watching her in the pool through the steam room naked. She said he was jerking off and wanted me to do something about it. Obviously, the guy had put his clothes back by the time I went to talk to him having no idea what the hell to say to the guy. I didn't know if she was being paranoid or if the guy was a pervert.

You meet all of the types being a gym employee and see everything. The most annoying are the people that battle over the tv channels and the music, and also those that show up five minutes before closing to run ten miles on the treadmill. It would be ten minutes after closing with the lights, tv's, and music off, and these folks were either still running or in the locker room cleaning up.

Nachez

Banned
Awards
heh

This is the exact reason I own a bowflex!!!! plus the fact I have no transportation ATM.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i always hate the "sweat" people that dont clean things off after they are done. We have one guy we call "SweatyAss" because when he is done in the locker room, you wouldnt dare put anything down in the ass sweat pool he leaves behind. Then there are the guys who wear the umbros commando and get ball sweat all over the machines....sometimes i just want to punch those people for not cleaning up after themselves...needless to say, the antibacterial hand sanitizer is kept within close reach.

LOL priceless....my friends and I have a girl at the gym we call swamp ass.....i dont think i need to say anymore.....LOL

mab904

mab904

Awards
I work at my gym part-time and boy do I see some real characters.

One guy would always ask me for a spot when he benched (his 135:rolleyes:)
just so he could brag on how great 'he' thought he looked. Telling me how he put on 50lbs of muscle in 6 weeks using only cell-tech and that it had to be the grape flavor because the others didn't work. He didn't look any different then he did last month to me. When I saw him in front of the mirrors flexing and kissing his own bicep, I knew he seriously needed some couch time.

Then these women who come in, all dressed up, tons of makeup, get on the treadmill walking all of 1.5mph, talking on their cells and staring up at the TV in an Ohpra coma. Never breaking a sweat. They tell me that "the gym thing" isn't working and they think something is wrong with the equipment because they have not lost any weight yet.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I work at my gym part-time and boy do I see some real characters.

One guy would always ask me for a spot when he benched (his 135:rolleyes:)
just so he could brag on how great 'he' thought he looked. Telling me how he put on 50lbs of muscle in 6 weeks using only cell-tech and that it had to be the grape flavor because the others didn't work. He didn't look any different then he did last month to me. When I saw him in front of the mirrors flexing and kissing his own bicep, I knew he seriously needed some couch time.

Then these women who come in, all dressed up, tons of makeup, get on the treadmill walking all of 1.5mph, talking on their cells and staring up at the TV in an Ohpra coma. Never breaking a sweat. They tell me that "the gym thing" isn't working and they think something is wrong with the equipment because they have not lost any weight yet.
I teach spin at my gym and i have had those same women take my class and get mad at me or walk out half way thru class because they sweat to much,....bahahahahha

magic8ball

Awards
I consider myself lucky. I train in a dungeon-like gym and most of the members train hard. The guy that bothers me most is "the critic." He's the one that brings in a smaller inexperienced training partner and tells him everything that everyone else is doing "wrong" to justify why they are lifting heavier than he is.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I lift at a college. So of course, its loaded with frat boys and serial benchers and curlers. I used to laugh at them but I realize that I have better things to do at the gym so I just ignore them and move on with my workout.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
The critic bothers me as well. I'm not a big guy, but I'm pretty strong for my height/weight combo.

The critic is usually some overweight guy with a rather high bodyfat content compared to mine... i'm hovering around 7-8% while he is usually around 20-25%. Always critiquing my workout plan. "You shouldnt do so many sets for chest" (I do around 10-12 sets) "You should try flat bench, it hits your chest better" (I never responded to flat bench other than my shoulders getting worked). "You should cut down on your carbs and increase your protein to gain strength." (I eat about 250g of protein per day along with 400-450g of carbs... I need carbs for endurance training, I'm not here to cut since I maintain lower bodyfat numbers with no effort)

Stupid **** like that from fatasses piss me off :) Now if it is a hefty guy that comes over and offers a spot or asks me for a spot (usually a powerlifter of some sort) then I'm cool with it.

CREAO

Awards
- one old guy at my gym goes to the squat rack and puts on 225....he takes the weight off the rack
and goes down 2 inches and comes back up

- then one day i was sitting there drinking a protein shake and some skinny ass kid (probably weighed 115) comes
up and says "why are you drinking that?? are you trying to get bigger or something....girls dont like big muscular guys
they like ripped guys like me" and he goes to the decline bench and proceeds to bench 65 pounds and struggles with it