Anyone ever been to Tahiti, Bora, Bora, or Polynesie?

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Anyone ever been to Tahiti, Bora, Bora, or Polynesie?

Anybody ever been to any of these Islands? I'm trying to plan a vacation here soon...I'll be finishing up school here again in a couple more months. I want to just get out in the middle of nowhere...and enjoy life. These islands are pretty much it, but I have to admit, that I'm kinda scared since I really have no idea about these places besides the little research I've done on the web...I'm looking for more or less personal exp...especially with all the **** going on in the world today.

Other Islands I was looking at are: Micronesia, Great Barrier Reef (although, I'm not even sure if this is inhabitable? Some others, but you get the jist...

Thx for any help...I really have no other people that I know of to ask.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.31%

Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    Anybody ever been to any of these Islands? I'm trying to plan a vacation here soon...I'll be finishing up school here again in a couple more months. I want to just get out in the middle of nowhere...and enjoy life. These islands are pretty much it, but I have to admit, that I'm kinda scared since I really have no idea about these places besides the little research I've done on the web...I'm looking for more or less personal exp...especially with all the **** going on in the world today.

Other Islands I was looking at are: Micronesia, Great Barrier Reef (although, I'm not even sure if this is inhabitable? Some others, but you get the jist...

Thx for any help...I really have no other people that I know of to ask.

I went to Bora Bora on my honeymoon in Aug 2001.
    It's awesome!
    Looks EXACTLY like the photos you see. I couldn't believe the water really had that many shades of blue...
    Anyway, if you want peace and quiet, Bora Bora is great...Tahiti is kinda like Oahu, while Bora Bora is more like Maui/Kauai (if you've been to Hawaii).

I'll be happy to answer any more questions...
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan
    It's awesome!
    Looks EXACTLY like the photos you see. I couldn't believe the water really had that many shades of blue...
    Anyway, if you want peace and quiet, Bora Bora is great...Tahiti is kinda like Oahu, while Bora Bora is more like Maui/Kauai (if you've been to Hawaii).

thx a lot man, I appreciatte it. I've been looking at some photos...and they're just beautiful...I like to just stare at some of them, and picture myself there...euphoric is an understatement...lol

Check out this pic of Micronesia...simply stunning.

And check out this aerial shot of Heron Island On The Great Barrier Reef., Queensland, Australia. Amazing...look at how good you can see the earth's curve....
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

I'm sure I'll have some additional questions for ya bro...I'll ask sometime tomorrow as it's bed-time now...lol...thx again.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.31%

I'm sure I'll have some additional questions for ya bro...I'll ask sometime tomorrow as it's bed-time now...lol...thx again.
    No problem...Ask away
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.55%

i went to bora bora last year, it was the most beautiful place that iv seen, thats the only place outside of the us iv ever been too, so i dont really have any comparison, but youll love it
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

It's awesome!

Nope, never been outside the US. So I have no idea what that comparision means...lol.

I'm looking for an island that is very beautiful and very isolate...isolate from people as well...there are so many pictures to view...I could look at them all day long.

I wish I could just rent an entire small island to myself for like a week...somewhere in the Oceania region...

What did the cost look like for bora, bora if you don't mind me asking? And what did that include? New Zealand also looks like a country that I'd like to visit some day...very mystical it seems.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.31%

What did the cost look like for bora, bora if you don't mind me asking?
    That's the only problem...it's pretty expensive.
    Luckily, since it was our honeymoon, my parents paid

We were there about a week (one day in Tahiti, the rest in Bora Bora) and it cost around $5000+
    That included air, hotel (Tahiti), over the water bungalo (Bora Bora), one meal a day, shark/manta ray excursion, jeep trip around the island.

The over the water bungalos are the best. They all have a "window" in the floor, so you can look at the fish, and you snorkel right from room.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

That's the only problem...it's pretty expensive.
    Luckily, since it was our honeymoon, my parents paid

We were there about a week (one day in Tahiti, the rest in Bora Bora) and it cost around $5000+
    That included air, hotel (Tahiti), over the water bungalo (Bora Bora), one meal a day, shark/manta ray excursion, jeep trip around the island.

The over the water bungalos are the best. They all have a "window" in the floor, so you can look at the fish, and you snorkel right from room.
    That sounds awesome...5grand is kinda expensive yes, but I've been saving up for awhile now, so I think I'll be able to do it...plus, if a friend is going, then we could split the costs.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.31%

Definitely worth it.

My wife & I were (before) saying, maybe we should just keep the money...but after going, it was, "we made the right choice."
    You'll need to make sure you go when it isn't the rainy season. I think summer here, is good there. It rained 1 or 2 days when we were there (which stunk) but was sunny the rest of the days.
    Also, they mainly speak French, and Tahitian...but of course, they can communicate in English...you'll just hear a lot of French.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%

I've been wanting to go to bora bora or moorea for a while. They both seem like a great place to relax but dont have any nightlife if that is a concern. I also want to go to fiji, there is a small island called nagigia that is kind of a surf and fishing resort...looks awesome and only a handful of people are there at a time. Probably not the best option if you dont surf, but i do. http://www.fijisurf.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone ever had to sign for overseas Clomid?
    By schwellington in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 08:55 PM
  2. anyone ever try to pulse AP/YG?
    By wojo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 03:17 AM
  4. Has anyone ever been busted?
    By rocko in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34