something weird happend to me

Cold

Awards
Last week, I was doing my arm workout. Everything seemed to go smoothly. Afterwards I decided to do some abs. So I did some incline crunches, then moved onto the floor to do some flat crunches. Then all of a sudden I had this weird pain in my chest. Almost like heartburn, also my back started to hurt a little bit. So I ended my workout session short, and just laid down for awhile. Later on I noticed slight pain in my back and chest when I'd turn my head. Nothing too bad though. I was wondering what do you think happened to me? I hadn't worked my abs in awhile, I don't know if that was the cause or not. Then I thought maybe I pulled my diaphragm or something. Also, I think I should mention that I had a similar injury when I was in seventh grade. I was hit from behind during football practice that knocked the wind out of me. For awhile after that I had pain in my chest and back whenever I tried to breathe. So I had to take in really short and quick breaths. So if anyone has any input I'd appreciate it.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
For one, with chest pain a doctor's visit is never out of order. Most likely you've pulled or torn a muscle in your back. Any damage to muscles in your upper torso can lead to chest pain, depending on which muscle is hurt and how badly.

Cold

Awards
I had a doctors appointment back in august. They did an ekg, did blood tests, and did an ultra sound of my heart. But I never received word that something was wrong. So I'm thinking that I just pulled a muscle, at least that's what I'm happened.

size

Awards
  • Established
My guess is a strained intercostal muscle.

Cold

Awards
Thanks for the input size and CDB. Tonight I did chest and shoulders and didn't have a problem. Yeah I think it was just a strained muscle. Thanks again.