HRT Argument Paper

1. Registered User

HRT Argument Paper

Hey guys and gals
    We are writing a classical argument paper in my Comp. 112 class and I think I am going to be writing mine on the safety of HRT (male and female) outweighing the dangers. I have just barely started resarching for articles and such to use as references but most of what I find is on the negative side effects especially for estrogen replacement in females. I haven't even made it to the library yet and have 3 more weeks to get it done but if anyone has any good info I could use in my paper it would be greatly appreciated. I know I've read a lot on here of Swale being an awesome HRT doctor but don't know if he has perhaps anything published I could use as a reference. Well off to continue the searching.
    Thanks

2. Registered User

Well I just found the link to allthingsmale.com and am hoping to get some good stuff off that. I also found a good copied and pasted post on here from Ageless but it didnt say where it came from.
  3. Board Supporter

I saw Ageless' post - that was great, not sure where it came from, but it linked (dhea?) to lef.org. A search at lef.org for 'HRT' or 'testosterone' should have plenty of links and info.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Check out this article: http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/ma...=31&pageID=378

I'm in support of HRT, but there are consequences. They become less important as we age, but regardless, they are very real.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinochaser48
    Check out this article: http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/ma...=31&pageID=378

I'm in support of HRT, but there are consequences. They become less important as we age, but regardless, they are very real.
    Yeah, spermatogenesis becomes less important after we've had all the kids we want, and T production isn't really necessary if you've got exogenous T Keep the T dose out of the supraphysiological range and hdl/ldl will be normal "for you".

HRT is great, IMHO, since hormones are primarily what are responsible for what we see as aging.

Keep us updated, bro, and I'm sure you'd find plenty of people on here willing to proof-read
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

I'm sure your university has access to a published article database. You should be able to find plenty. But if you want to get some work done at home try searching www.pubmed.com
  7. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Yeah, spermatogenesis becomes less important after we've had all the kids we want, and T production isn't really necessary if you've got exogenous T Keep the T dose out of the supraphysiological range and hdl/ldl will be normal "for you".

HRT is great, IMHO, since hormones are primarily what are responsible for what we see as aging.

Keep us updated, bro, and I'm sure you'd find plenty of people on here willing to proof-read

All correct, but I was reffering to the cognitive/learning aspects of chronically elevated testosterone, as would be the case with HRT.

For most situations, chronically elevated testosterone is an impairment to things social, memory, and learned behaviour. This is why the human body has evolved to fluctuate levels rapidly: both high and low levels have benefits in regards to learning and adapting to new behaviours.
  8. Registered User

Thanks so far for all the help guys. Went to that lef.org and did a few searches. Damn it came back with a lot of stuff I should be making it to the library tomorrow and if not then by Thursday for sure. The paper will be mostly on HRT for the older generations but I do believe there are situations where it is necessary for younger guys as well. Actually I scared myself once bout a year ago. When I was much dumber and unimformed then I am now (had never been to a forum such as this, I just read about supps, ect and bought em) I actually did a 30 day, 30 mg/day cycle of M1T w/no PCT. Few months later I thought I had ED and went and saw a Dr. and long story short I'm alright now, but I was one of the dumb kids back then I guess. Now I know research is key and I don't think I wanna mess with my own hormones to much till I'm much older. Anyways that got kinda long and I'm getting back eating and researching. When I get a rough draft done hopefully next week Ill post it for your guy's opinions. Thanks and if anyone else has anything good please don't be afraid to share.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinochaser48
    All correct, but I was reffering to the cognitive/learning aspects of chronically elevated testosterone, as would be the case with HRT.

For most situations, chronically elevated testosterone is an impairment to things social, memory, and learned behaviour. This is why the human body has evolved to fluctuate levels rapidly: both high and low levels have benefits in regards to learning and adapting to new behaviours.
    Wow...to what degree of elevation?

I'd need to see more reserach behind all of this to get a good idea of what is going on. it would have to be a result of other hormonal changes, because, for example, if everything else stayed the same, why would a drop in test be a good thing? Are there certain hormone ratio's that are required for proper cognitive function?
  10. Registered User

I had to pick a study and do a presentation on it last year in my bio 188 class. Here's the reference:

Ferrando, A.A., Sheffield-Moore, M., Yeckel, C. W. et al., Testosterone administration to older men improves muscle function: molecular and physiological mechanisms. American Journal of Physiology 282, E601-E607
  11. SJA
    dead sexy wino

For women, check out bio-identical horomones. Susan Summers has a lot of info out there.

For men, Dr. Jerry Mixon (sp) is a well renound HRT advocate. Swale hangs out at mesomorphosis forum.
  12. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Wow...to what degree of elevation?

I'd need to see more reserach behind all of this to get a good idea of what is going on. it would have to be a result of other hormonal changes, because, for example, if everything else stayed the same, why would a drop in test be a good thing? Are there certain hormone ratio's that are required for proper cognitive function?

Here:

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/ma...=31&pageID=378

This article is really an excellent summary. It was written last month by Novick of avant.

Here's a quick summary of it:

...testosterone has a dual effect on cognitive performance. It increases performance when the individual is in a high status position or given the opportunity to enhance status. Similarly, testosterone can impair cognitive performance when the individual is forced into a low status position or has his/her status threatened. Both of these effects are due to the relationship between testosterone and status sensitivity. High testosterone individuals have a need for high status and experience anxiety when that status is threatened or taken away. Such anxiety, while evolutionarily beneficial for re-gaining status in nature, can be distracting for re-gaining status through cognitive means....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A4M White Paper on HRT
    By Headdoc in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 11:45 PM
  2. Paper Products, Your Opinions
    By The Answer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 07:23 AM
  3. English Paper
    By TheCSWFighter in forum General Chat