Full text research articles.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm writing a research paper for Biology class and I need access to full text research articles. Does anyone have a site/sites where I can find complete research articles? I'm not talking about sites where you have to pay for access or sites like Pubmed who have nothing but abstracts and incomplete articles (unless I'm missing something). Thanks.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nate tell me what you are looking for and I will see if I can pull them for you.. I have access to our virtual library at U of A.. did you check to see if your university has virtual access?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also if you find in google scholar, and its only an abstract, you can let me or matt-d know the article name... and one of is bound to have the full article in ONE of our virtual libraries... and if not.. I can have my virtual library find it, and send it to me (Take a couple days for that one)

Adams

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Nate tell me what you are looking for and I will see if I can pull them for you.. I have access to our virtual library at U of A.. did you check to see if your university has virtual access?
I was looking into doing a paper on cancer, but that is such a broad topic and I'm not really sure what to narrow it down to.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay.. what you could do is narrow it to one of the different systems that are affected by cancer or you could take a specific cancer and research that. What is it that you really want to know.. btw, this is like doing the literature review for your doc degree.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
One possibility is Highwire at http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Another is finding abstracts at Pubmed or Scirus http://www.scirus.co
and going to the websites of the cited journal, sometimes they have full free text avaliability.

The US patent Office, at http://www.uspto.gov has citing and summations from applicants.

The FDA and HHS, many subsites, have drug and clinical trial data, some full text access.

A metasearch engine, I like Ixquick, has links to web sites that provide full texts, generally to suport commercial selling.

In depth research will probably require $ for online access and/or a local sci/med library, one can only get a limited amount for free online, it's relatively easy to go broad , but not deep.

size

Awards
  • Established
Go to your university library. The library should have the published and/or completed research bound that was completed by professors and/or doctorate students.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Size most of the libraries on major campuses allow you to access tons of journals and research articles on line now.. I never really have to head for the campus unless I am looking for something that is 15 or 20 years old..

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How about something like chemo therapy or radiation therapy and its effect on testicular cancer or is that still too broad? Any ideas?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
actually that one might be a good one treatment type of thing

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
How about something like chemo therapy or radiation therapy and its effect on testicular cancer or is that still too broad? Any ideas?
Nate,

I recently had a friend who had seminoma, and I grabbed a bunch of papers (only a few in their entirety) on common treatment.

Radiation isn't used unless there are quite a few positive nodes post op.

I also happen to work in the radiation field so if you need some specific info, let me know. Like Matt, I have access to some online databases through a hospital.

Regards,
R

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Anything would be great. How would you guys be able to show me these articles?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
give me an article name, Ill look it up... throw it in a word document, or if its avail in pdf, Ill download that, and throw it your way.

Adams

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Same with me.. I can email them to you if you need it..

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Got it, lemme sort through some more of these abstracts and I'll let you know. Thanks guys.