Saw Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis....

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Excellent movie. I can see why Ebert and Roeper gave this two thumbs up. Superb film, very emotional disturbing. One of the best films I have seen in awhile and the best film I have seen about the horrors of ethnic cleansing.

Last edited:

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
it is definitely excellent, would recommend it to anyone... I'm glad Ebert and Roper didn't automatically funk it because it has Willis in it, he does a very good job here IMO

IronMike

Awards
Great movie even though it wasn't a true story.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah... I hope truth in movies isn't part of your criteria :D

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
It may not be a true story, but a similar scenario has happened a thousand times.

IronMike

Awards
Sometimes when a war movie is not based on a true story Hollywood turns it into BS. I'm saying the movie was filmed well for not being a true story.

bigbadboss101

Awards
Surely I enjoyed the movie also. For some who have a weak stomach it might be a bit bloody. I ended up going with 3 female friends, so lot of estrogen around, and I didn't bring my 6-oxo ;-)

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
while on the subject of ethnic cleansing, how do you guys think the kurds are doing, while every iraqi is moving to their areas?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes when a war movie is not based on a true story Hollywood turns it into BS. I'm saying the movie was filmed well for not being a true story.
yeah, this is definitely true... that's one of the things I liked about it, there aren't many movies like it out at the moment (or when it came out, which was when I saw it)