Lung Cleaning Possible?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just wondering if it is possible to cleanse the lungs. I dont know about everyone else... but once a year or so... I get almost unbearble coughs... where I can feel my lungs just full of mucus.. not to mention the phlem I cough up all day.. I was wondering if and how it is possible to scrub the old oxygen plant?

Adams

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am also curious just came down with a bad cough myself. Bump for info!

stillybig

Awards
They say breathing in the mist from a vaporizer helps clean them out. It liquifies more or less anything in your lungs and helps you cough it out.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
check out ultimate respitory cleanse by natures secret

Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Serving Per Container:
60 Tablets

Selenium (as sodium selenate)
100 mcg
Fenugreek extract (seed)
150 mg
* Glycerol Guauacolate 100 mg * Marshmallow extract (root) 50 mg * Mullein (leaf, flower and root) 50 mg * Chinese Skullcap (herb) 45 mg * para-Aminobenzoic-acid 25 mg * Skunk-Cabbage (leaf) 25 mg * Watercress powder (aerial) 25 mg * Garlic extract (clove) 20 mg * Onion powder 20 mg * Pleurisy-Root 20 mg * Turnip powder 20 mg * Cascara Sagrada (root 15 mg * Coltsfoot (aerial) 5 mg * Pau D'arco (root) 5 mg * Thyme (aerial) 5 mg * Proprietary blend 100 mg * Licorice (root)*, Alfalfa (leaf)*, Cayenne extract (fruit) Bioperine Black Pepper extract (fruit)*. * Daily Value not established.
*This statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's quite the list of ingredients.

N-Acetyl Cysteine is pretty good at ridding the lungs of excess mucus and helps to cleanse out free radicals. 1-2 grams per day dose ok for this purpose.

KR-ALA also helps me breathe a little better.

The best herb I've used is called Eriodictyon angustifolium or Yerba Santa. I used to have chronic bronchitis every year until I tried that in a fresh leaf tincture. After a couple of weeks on it my lungs felt good enough to go on a mountain bike ride...during which I coughed out a scarey amount of phlem and instantly felt better. Been 4 years and haven't had bronchitis since.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's quite the list of ingredients.

N-Acetyl Cysteine is pretty good at ridding the lungs of excess mucus and helps to cleanse out free radicals. 1-2 grams per day dose ok for this purpose.

KR-ALA also helps me breathe a little better.

The best herb I've used is called Eriodictyon angustifolium or Yerba Santa. I used to have chronic bronchitis every year until I tried that in a fresh leaf tincture. After a couple of weeks on it my lungs felt good enough to go on a mountain bike ride...during which I coughed out a scarey amount of phlem and instantly felt better. Been 4 years and haven't had bronchitis since.
Have to try that. Never thought too ask my g/f who is a respiratory therapist.:frustrate Anyway yesterday she bought me some kind of tea that is supposed to be very good for lung health. I haven't seen it yet but when I do I will let you all know whats in it.

BTW Bioman I also get bronchitis once a year. Really sucks. I have figured out how to prevent sinus infections (used to get 2-3 a year), but not bronchitis. Maybe that stuff will help.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
NAC should help clear the mucous from your lungs but I wouldn't exceed 1.5 grams per day. I bumped up my dose to 1.8g ED during the spring because of allergies. After 2 weeks it practically eliminated all mucous production which actually made breathing worse. 1.2g ED seems to be the ideal dose for me but I would experiment with 1-2grams to see what works best for you.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Here's the cure for Bronchitis, It's worked very well for me three or four times.

Thyme, the culinary herb, avaliable at any grocery store. Pour out a big heaping tablespoon's worth of dried herb in your hand, swallow it with water every 2 to 4 hours. It's not bad tasting, you just have to wash the grit out of your teeth. The active ingredient in Thyme,Thymol, the antimicrobal in Listerine, is very effective for lung, sinus and intenstinal infections.

venrams

Awards
Hi,

I could clear some mucus by doing simple exercise at night ;-) not MB of course that helped when I was young but now :-(, I had to do Shoulders and Back Exercise.

Keep your hands on the back of your head at bed. Try to stretch, hold for few seconds, releive and repeat.

Whenever I do it around 300 times, the next day I could just sneeze out thick mucus. Next day you could find little bit better cause the runny nose is free.

I had to do three times a week.

Also I tried distilled water spray inside nose, which helps clear mucus. You would feel fresh.

Also try to keep area around you free of dust by using water mists with spray. I am not sure whether low humidity in office buildings is the culprit cause of Air Conditioning systems.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You can also make a tea out of oregano, thyme, rosemary spices in your cubbard. I boil the mixture really hard and inhale the steam, then drink it. Very soothing to the lungs.

The Yerba Santa though is the real deal. My herbalist friend, with 2 PhD's, said it's been used by native Americans forever for this purpose.