Time to buy a gun?

The Doberman

Awards
Anyone else seriously considering purchasing a firearm? After seeing this stuff going down in New Orleans I am seriously thinking about it. Always felt safe in my home, but I think after seeing the way people act in crises it might be the wise decision.

ilikebread

Banned
Awards
man if your gonna buy a gun do it for a diff reason as well as the fact TAKE SOME CLASSES make sure you know what your doing if you think you allready do then thats great take one anyway couldnt hurt also if everyone had the same mentality you do then the situation were seeing here in new orleans might just be that much worse. the last thing we need is a bunch of vigilantes fighting with the criminals.... if you want to handle the bad guys then join the national guard or something. just my opinion .... we need more intelligence in this kind of situation not balligerance.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Nah, getting jacked on a bright & sunny August afternoon after football practice when I was 15 was the time I felt the need for a gun. Some guys with clubs went up to me and my teammate and jacked us for our TI-82 calculators and $30. I'm sure those guys never used the calculators. BTW, my dad bought the gun, not me.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's always a good time to buy a gun! The criminals have them, and good luck waiting 15 minutes for the cops to get there when some drunk 300lb thug is in your house with your kids and belongings.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Check the thread a ways down in this section about purchasing a firearm. Some interesting info.