Eddie Van Halen "#1 Hard Rock Guitarist Of All Time"

1. Unbreakable

Eddie Van Halen "#1 Hard Rock Guitarist Of All Time"

...Says VH1 Viewers

August 27th, 2005

VH1 recently aired the results of their online poll, "Who is the best hard Rock guitarist of all time?"

The top 3 results were:
    #3: ERIC CLAPTON
    #2: JIMMY PAGE
    and the #1 BEST HARD ROCK GUITARIST OF ALL TIME:
    EDDIE VAN HALEN!

It's really great to see Eddie getting praise like that. Especially when it's the PEOPLE who are voting, not the critics.

Van Halen also popped up in two recent VH1 programs:

VH1's "Top 40 Rock Bands" Program listed Van Halen as #7.
    VH1's "Top 40 Feuds of Rock & Roll" Program featured "Van Halen Vs. David Lee Roth" at #1.

http://www.vhnd.net/articles/050827-01.shtml
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

2. As if there was any other choice

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    As if there was any other choice
    Yep, I thought that was a known fact. I think I've actually seen scientific studies that have proven this.

dd
    Last edited by diamonddave; 09-02-2005 at 01:40 PM.
    •   

4. Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society has a tune in their latest CD, Mafia that is somewhat of a tribute to Eddie.. Cool stuff....

5. Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave
    Yep, I thought that was a known fact. I think I've actually seen scientific studies that have proven this.

dd
    I actually think it's a fundamental law of the Universe

6. Runnin' with the devil ......... bwahaha

I love listening to them in a stock cream coloured Camaro with gold trim lmfao....... and a mullet!

7. and doubters should be locked in a room that plays "eruption" until the end of time

8. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    ...and the #1 BEST HARD ROCK GUITARIST OF ALL TIME:
    EDDIE VAN HALEN!

http://www.vhnd.net/articles/050827-01.shtml

9. Unbreakable

Excellent first post JG. Almost brought a tear to my eye. You have won the heart of this Mod. Welcome!
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

10. I'm proud to say I was able to see Eddie play during the time VH was rolling in the 80's. At one point, Eddie sat a bottle of Jack down and broke out with "Eruption." It brought the house down. Probably the best live concert moment I have had the honor to see in person.

11. There's no doubt that Eddie is the greatest.
    It's just when I see Clapton and Page mentioned in the same sentence as Eddie, it makes me wonder.

I guess most people haven't heard of guys like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, or Yngwie Malmsteen.

Hendrix is pretty amazing too. I'm surprised his name didn't pop up on the list.

-Tinytoad

12. Thankyou B5150. nice to be among people with such good taste in music. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Excellent first post JG. Almost brought a tear to my eye. You have won the heart of this Mod. Welcome!

13. Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    There's no doubt that Eddie is the greatest.
    It's just when I see Clapton and Page mentioned in the same sentence as Eddie, it makes me wonder.

I guess most people haven't heard of guys like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, or Yngwie Malmsteen.

Hendrix is pretty amazing too. I'm surprised his name didn't pop up on the list.

-Tinytoad
    I wonder where Hendrix was on the list myself. As for Vai, et. al., there is no doubt as to the greatness represented there, however, the specific criteria 'hard rock' guitarist would sort of de-classify them for this list. Vai is more a "even though I can play the crap out a rock guitar, I choose to make songs like Alien Water Kiss instead, so there." LOL Love him to death though. Also, Stevie Ray Vaughn (sp?) was a tremendous talent, but I wouldn't put him on the 'hard rock' list either.

My personal list, sans catergorization and in no particular order:

Steve Vai
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Kirk Hammet
    Eddie Van Halen
    John Petrucci
    Jimi Hendrix
    Henrik Danhage
    Jake E. Lee
    Zakk Wylde

(For those of you saying, who in the world is Henrik Danhage??? click here for free music downloads)

Enjoy!

Peace.

And... rock on!

14. Jeff Beck?
    Pete Townsend?
    Alvin Lee?
    RORY GALLAGHER???

then again, you *did* say it was a VH1 list -
    they think Hanson was the first power trio...
    ...& think BB King invented the blues....

*sigh* - I'm getting old....
  15. Unbreakable

16. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    RORY GALLAGHER???
    Irish Tour '74. One of the Greatest Live Albums I have listened to.

17. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    RORY GALLAGHER???
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21
    Irish Tour '74. One of the Greatest Live Albums I have listened to.

So that was before he started smashing watermelons with a sledgehammer, eh?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Eddie Van Halen #2 guitarist of all time
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
  2. Van Halen And Roth - Finally In 2007!
    By David Dunn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
  3. Greatest Rock Song Of All Time ---post It!
    By Vicarious in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 02:58 PM
  4. Van Halen Tour Dates-For those interested
    By Sir Foxx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 08:22 PM
  5. For the Van Halen fans with a **** load on money
    By VanillaGorilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 02:29 PM