bummed out!

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i was up 25lbs in 10weeks on a prop/1-test cyp/tren/m-dien cycle when i was hit broad-side by a truck that ran a red light. i went to er that day and now i have a bone dr and neurologist giving me nsaid's and flexeril. itried to stick it out for the rest of the cycle but i've been forced to hang it up for a while due to intense lower back pain and start pct. i've been seeing chiropractors 3x a week for the last month and have gotten progressively worse. they just crack my lower back w/o mri reports. i picked up my mri today and it reveals l3-l4, l5-s1 bulging disks and l4-l5 herniated disk. i'm tired of chiro. i think they suck. last friday they tried to crack my lower back and it cramped up on me causing intense pain. anybody have experience w/ disk problems or chiropractors

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
chiros have worked WONDERS for me ... but you definitely need to find a good one

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about your accident Norman. That's the pits to have to stop training but remember, it could have been a lot worse.

I can't train without a chiro and an occassional deep tissue massage..I get all pinched up and it get's too painful. Been in 3 car wrecks and some bad mountain bike wrecks.

Chiro's can only relieve a little pressure on the disk. If the disk is damaged then it falls to a good massage/physical therapist to help heal it. If that does not work then you're looking at surgery. Try hard to avoid the surgery if you can and work with a good PT. It'll take a lot of painful work but they can get you functioning better than surgery, IMO.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
btw that was the last post i made last night before i went to bed .. i forgot to mention that i'm terribly sorry for what happened man .. that really is terrible and i wish you all the best in your recovery

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Bro I am sorry about what happened to you. I am one of the few people it seems that hates Chiro's. I have gone to two for lower back pain and they did nothing. One even told me it would take weekly adjustments for a year and a half before I would see improvements.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yikes! But you will get better very soon. You're an ATHLETE which means you will heal much better than a "normal person".

Chiros did nothing for me and my l4/l5 hernia that had my orthopaedist go "you ever lift weights again and you're going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life".

OTOH, the osteopath did wonders...... That, and deadlifts...... :D