KATRINA

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
just want to send my regards to all those in New Orleans. God bless everyone down there

im not totally sure but i think there are alot of oil rigs and stuff down there, i wonder if gas prices will go up due to this storm?

let it be known that first and foremost i am concerned for all those who are in the path of this massive storm.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Prayers and thoughts are with everyone....

gas prices will go up.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to you guys and gals in the Katrina's path be safe. Oil will reach or pass $70 a barrel according to radio news.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I live in Baton Rouge, but am an an industrial firefighter in one of the refineries between BR and New Orleans. I was called in for stand-by coverage Sunday afternoon. Yesterday we saw winds in the 50's w/ max. gusts up to 68mph. We definitely dodged a bullet on this one. If you're watching the news now, New Orleans is still taking on more water. Had that storm come directly up the Miss. river, New Orleans would be gone! I'm originally from Michigan. Now I've been through a tornado up there, the 95 Northdridge earthquake in Cali, and now this Cat. 5 hurricane..... Gotta love mother nature!!:thumbsup:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I live in Baton Rouge, but am an an industrial firefighter in one of the refineries between BR and New Orleans. I was called in for stand-by coverage Sunday afternoon. Yesterday we saw winds in the 50's w/ max. gusts up to 68mph. We definitely dodged a bullet on this one. If you're watching the news now, New Orleans is still taking on more water. Had that storm come directly up the Miss. river, New Orleans would be gone! I'm originally from Michigan. Now I've been through a tornado up there, the 95 Northdridge earthquake in Cali, and now this Cat. 5 hurricane..... Gotta love mother nature!!:thumbsup:

Let me know where you move next.....I'll be certain to be on the other side of the country :ntome: :ntome:

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Man, things are getting rough over here.. The violence, the crime, the looting... My fiancee works downtown Baton Rouge, & said she was evacuated from her building due to numerous gun shots this morning around 10am.. I'm sure you all see the news on TV. It's sad to see the suffering, but dammnit if these people weren't told to leave....... The refugees are spread out from New Orleans to Baton Rouge & everywhere in between. I now have to lock my doors in my house. I now have to look over my shoulders at red lights... This sucks. Normalcy will be a long time down the road.. :(

On a positive note, I have to be thankful for what I do have. water, food, and a roof over my head..:thumbsup:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yj,
I'm here too. This city is a fucking zoo! Traffic is really bad, the supermarkets are really low on food. I'm not sure how much longer BR can support this many people. We are now the biggest city in the state.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Yj,
I'm here too. This city is a fucking zoo! Traffic is really bad, the supermarkets are really low on food. I'm not sure how much longer BR can support this many people. We are now the biggest city in the state.
I feel bad for these people, but this was bound to happen. Had happened to varying degrees already before. They remind me of my Dutch forefathers, building below the waterline. I know the ground is fertile, but it carries a risk you have to be willing to take. And if a large, grey wall of high wind is coming at you, leave. And **** the uhaul, get out. I remember when Gloria hit New York when I was young my father almost had us in Conecticut when it turned out to be not so bad. And we were far from rich, he just had sense enough to plan ahead.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Man, things are getting rough over here.. The violence, the crime, the looting... My fiancee works downtown Baton Rouge, & said she was evacuated from her building due to numerous gun shots this morning around 10am.. I'm sure you all see the news on TV. It's sad to see the suffering, but dammnit if these people weren't told to leave....... The refugees are spread out from New Orleans to Baton Rouge & everywhere in between. I now have to lock my doors in my house. I now have to look over my shoulders at red lights... This sucks. Normalcy will be a long time down the road.. :(

On a positive note, I have to be thankful for what I do have. water, food, and a roof over my head..:thumbsup:
those people shooting at planes and the gangs stealing boats REALLY piss me off...what the hell are they thinking they are going to do, fly a helicopter?, doubt it, you know those inbred assholes aren't pilots. what the hell is there goal by shooting police stations? what the hell do they plan to do with broken, wet electronics that they stole? Dickheads, go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
those people shooting at planes and the gangs stealing boats REALLY piss me off...what the hell are they thinking they are going to do, fly a helicopter?, doubt it, you know those inbred assholes aren't pilots. what the hell is there goal by shooting police stations? what the hell do they plan to do with broken, wet electronics that they stole? Dickheads, go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I've ever felt a need to relax and unleash the government's power on someone, it's looters. Kill them all.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
If I've ever felt a need to relax and unleash the government's power on someone, it's looters. Kill them all.
yup, I agree.. Now they're all moving into my backyard, Baton Rouge... Looks like the military is taking over finally..

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
C'mon guys, Don't be so quick to judge. 10% of the looters are drug addicts who in withdrawl and thugs, the other 90% are just desperate for the essential food and water . The other crimes are inexcusable.

Those people have been suffering in the tropical heat, covered in dried **** water, with a bare trickle of food and, more importantly, water with little or no direction from the authoritites, they are hurting and scared.

IMO, the failure, so far, of the feds is in not choppering in more supplies and security forces while waiting for the land supply to arrive, there response will probably be substantial, but it's been digustingly slow to arrive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CROWLER General Chat 2
Post Cycle Therapy 2