ever happen to anyone??

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever sleep walk??? As a kid i did and the past 3 weeks
i have been not rested, thinking its due to being back at work(2 jobs)
and working out......Last night I must have been sleep walking,knocked over
a glass of juice and it woke me up....freaky!!!!!

Stress related?? i am wondering.................any info would be helpful

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL, my wife sleepwalks once or twice a week. She does strange stuff sometimes, but usually just eats, or walks to the couch and goes back to sleep. Sometimes I'll find things in odd places, like the coffee pot in the fridge, bag of chips in the dishwasher, etc. The other morning I was going to take my citrulline malate, which I keep in a tupperware container, and she'd put a light bulb in it! She usually just eats the kids snack food, then freaks out about it in the morning. Oreos, chips, even klondike bars one time. It's funny because when she does it she's very messy, there were oreo crumbs and chunks all over the counter and floor! If I hear her up, I'll herd her back to bed. I'm worried that she'll go outside or try to drive to the store. Her eyes are half open, and she doesn't really look me in the eye, very zombie like, and can't really talk. She doesn't wake up, just stumbles back to bed. She makes me hide the snack food now after she goes to sleep so that she can't find it.

Lack of sleep, stress, and alcohol all seem to trigger it, but sometimes it's just out of the blue.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
LOL, my wife sleepwalks once or twice a week. She does strange stuff sometimes, but usually just eats, or walks to the couch and goes back to sleep. Sometimes I'll find things in odd places, like the coffee pot in the fridge, bag of chips in the dishwasher, etc. The other morning I was going to take my citrulline malate, which I keep in a tupperware container, and she'd put a light bulb in it! She usually just eats the kids snack food, then freaks out about it in the morning. Oreos, chips, even klondike bars one time. It's funny because when she does it she's very messy, there were oreo crumbs and chunks all over the counter and floor! If I hear her up, I'll herd her back to bed. I'm worried that she'll go outside or try to drive to the store. Her eyes are half open, and she doesn't really look me in the eye, very zombie like, and can't really talk. She doesn't wake up, just stumbles back to bed. She makes me hide the snack food now after she goes to sleep so that she can't find it.

Lack of sleep, stress, and alcohol all seem to trigger it, but sometimes it's just out of the blue.
thanks, def the lack of sleep and stress..i dont drink so..............i need to start hiding the snacks

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's a funny story Intv

Now fat asses around the country will blame sleep walking on all their blubber!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

Legit worry about her leaving the house. I heard a story from my psych teacher about one of his friends who ended up sleep-walking naked down the side of the freeway for a good hour. She fell over a guard rail and woke up...scary/funny...:lol:

davisville64

Awards
About a week ago, I woke up in the morning to find the lawn mower in the middle of the yard with the can of gas for it. No one else in my house sleep walks, so I guess it was me. That could have been dangerous if I actually got it started or did something wrong with the gas :rolleyes:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
One of my buddies has stomach ulcer and he can't hardly eat during the day, so he sleep walk 3-4 times a week and empties the fridge LOL Sometimes he doesn't go back to bed and wakes up in the morning sitting by the table with his head in the plate. Funny and freaky.

size

Awards
  • Established
I am an insomniac so I would love to sleep walk since i do not sleep. :(

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I am an insomniac so I would love to sleep walk since i do not sleep. :(
Same here. Always wondering what is this thing people keep talking about, this 'sleep.'

The only plus for me is when I do sleep, you couldn't wake me up with a nuke. Once when I was young I fell out of the top bunk at sleepaway camp and didn't wake up. According to my friends I just hit the floor, snorted and rolled over.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man, I feel for you both. I've had a bout of insomnia once or twice. Usually it hits me about 3 hours after I go to sleep - I wake up wide freaking awake, only to not get tired the rest of the night.

I usually am on here though.

But, man, if I didn't need to sleep so much, I'd be able to get so much more stuff done!

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I'm in my more depressive moments (which happen too often), I can't sleep.. I feel like Ed Norton in Fight Club, "Everythings a copy, of a copy, of a copy.."