What's Up With These Huge Gut Photoshops (Ronnie Coleman)?

ShadowOne

Awards

Disgusting, yet hilarious. Someone on another board was saying this was due to HGH, lol.

I think someone on here has an avatar of some old guy who is ripped yet has a gut out to jupiter.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
what the ****! thats fucking gross! no HGH for this otter!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Looks like he's in his 3rd trimester. Do you know if it's a girl or a boy?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GH and IGF-1 can do this to you. At high dosages. Proper use won't do this. But those guys are going for all-out hugeness. No wonder Ronnie weighs 300lbs cut. Remove the gut and he's "only" 270.

And Shadow One that "old" guy is no one else than the former Mr. Olympia, Dorian Yates.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I do believe it's D. yates. I tried asking him once but I guess he didn't see my post... Hey you've got PMs, ask him! :)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually The Usual's avatar is a fake photo. I've seen it posted in another board, and they posted an analysis and the original photo. This was a couple years ago though so I have no idea where it was or if it is even there.

Ronnie and Kovacs do have guts that are that big. The thing is, it isn't GH or IGF1 that do this. It is true they increase organ wall thickness, but that results in a negligible increase in size even with high doses over a long period of time. It's the food that they eat that causes the massive distension. Greg Kovacs eats over 700 grams of protein per day. He only has 4 meals. Thus he eats PREPOSTEROUS amounts of food at a single sitting. If you've seen Ronnie's videos, you'll see that Ronnie doesn't eat a lot of seperate meals either. Same situation. Large meals cause their stomach to distend. That food gets digested and fills their intestines. Such high protein intake causes constipation. I can tell you from experience that chronic constipation most definitely causes distension of the intestines.

This is completely reversable.

You want proof that it isn't the GH or IGF1 or Insulin? Look at Jay Cutler. No gut. Wide waist, but no gut. He has like 10 seperate meals each day maybe more. He spreads his food intake out over a longer period of time. Hence no massive meals, and thus no gut. He also takes in a lot of fiber and has high carb intake. Thus likely no constipation.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure if it was all diet, Ronnie, quite frankly the best BB in the world, would take notice and fix it. The stuff he takes has to have a little something to do with it am I right. Besides, as the man has gotten larger, so has the gut.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd be surprised if it was food that caused Kovacs' face to turn neandrethal.
His face just looks old to me. There may be some facial features that changed from heavy GH use though.

The gut however is not. Btw, why would COleman care about his gut as long as he keeps winning Olympias? Clearly the judges don't care.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You're probably right. But still, the guy looks pregnant. He has to be bothered by that somewhat.

"The risks of prescription human growth hormone (hgh) injections have been shown in some studies to include the following hgh side effects:

* Higher risk for developing forms of cancer
* Diabetes
* Insulin resistance
* arthritis and edema
* Fluid retention
* Carpal tunnel syndrome
* Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts)
* Lowered production of the body's own human growth hormone
* elevation of blood sugar
* Acromegaly (abnormal bone growth in the wrist, hands and feet)

These hgh side effects were experienced when high prescription hgh injection dosages were given (Note: I'm sure bodybuilders use very large doses). Numerous studies have shown that these hgh side effects can be reduced or eliminated by using a low-dose higher frequency prescription injection method. Under this method the person takes a prescription Hgh injection twice daily."

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think it was in BTPB that ALR wrote that the intestines have a large amount of IGF-1 receptors, so massive doses of IGF-1 and GH (I believe some gh converts to IGF-1) obviously end up in those intestinal receptor sites, leading to pregnanat sixpacks.

ShadowOne

Awards
So, is the Coleman pic photoshopped or what? Hard to believe they suck all that in during competition.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Combination of all of the above :D

I also heard that hGH causes water retention in the abdominal cavity. So, I"m sure its a combination of many factors.

But, Nullifidian does make a convincing case with cutler who chows down up to 12x/day vs. Ronnies 4 HUGE meals. (And, remember, the stomach can stretch up to 50x its normal size)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Take a look at the guy who wins the hotdog eating contest every year. He has virtually no fat, no water weight, and yet has a gut like a friggin sumo. He does not take any GH, trust me. That gut is from training for the hotdog eating competition; drinking literally several gallons of water in a single sitting, day after day, in order to distend his stomach.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Take a look at the guy who wins the hotdog eating contest every year. He has virtually no fat, no water weight, and yet has a gut like a friggin sumo. He does not take any GH, trust me. That gut is from training for the hotdog eating competition; drinking literally several gallons of water in a single sitting, day after day, in order to distend his stomach.
I eat enormous amounts of food myself. It is possible to cause a distended gut from over eating yes... temporarly. Its not a long term condition.

Cut the food proportions.... it will go back to normal in a short time.

What you see on ronnie is drug induced. He would be a fool to over eat enough to distend hes gut before a contest. Things can be done to clear the intestines also.

Then again he may not be a brain... lol

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If distension from food were a temporary thing, surely Ronnie, Kovacs, etc., would have the sense to cut back on food intake as contest time approaches. I definitely think it is drug induced. If bbing is about aesthetics, they would have to be idiots to step on stage looking like that.

I'm not surprised that the IFBB released a statement saying the guts had to go. Not surprisingly, the guys who have been placing well since have not had guts.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I eat enormous amounts of food myself. It is possible to cause a distended gut from over eating yes... temporarly. Its not a long term condition.

Cut the food proportions.... it will go back to normal in a short time.

What you see on ronnie is drug induced. He would be a fool to over eat enough to distend hes gut before a contest. Things can be done to clear the intestines also.

Then again he may not be a brain... lol
You noticed I referenced the hotdog eating guy? He drinks tons of water ... which I'm sure many competitors do pre-contest.

Btw, another factor is Ronnie breathes with his diaphram all the time and breathes deep. He got this from powerlifting since it stablizes your core and is a very good thing to do for powerlifting. However not only does it distend your stomach it also stretches it out. This doesn't mean he won't be able to suck it in ever, but it does mean that if his inner abs aren't strong enough, his resting position will be distended. Kovacs clearly trains his inner abs, but he also trains like a powerlifter; extremely heavy. His stomach's resting position is distended, but he is actually capable of a slight vacuum. If he really worked on it, his gut would go away. Note is that most of those photos of Ronnie were taken while he was likely breathing in deeply. Taking a picture of a rear pose from the side will always show a gut because rear poses look best when you actually stick out your stomach (they are looking at your BACK during a rear pose).

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Btw, another factor is Ronnie breathes with his diaphram all the time and breathes deep. He got this from powerlifting since it stablizes your core and is a very good thing to do for powerlifting. However not only does it distend your stomach it also stretches it out. This doesn't mean he won't be able to suck it in ever, but it does mean that if his inner abs aren't strong enough, his resting position will be distended. Kovacs clearly trains his inner abs, but he also trains like a powerlifter; extremely heavy. His stomach's resting position is distended,.
Please elaborate on breathing for powerlifting causing an extended gut.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Just looking at those pics, Im going to start doing vacuums. Does anyone even hit a vacuum pose anymore in pro bb'ing? Zane, Arnold...those guys looked awesome performing vacuum poses, like they were sculpted from stone.

BV

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I kinda wonder, Nullifidian, why if it's the eating and the lifting and the breathing that cause these distended guts, why on earth we haven't seen those before the advent of GH and IGF-1. As Vrunga puts it, Zane, Arnold, Oliva, and all those guys didn't have big guts. They could all do a vacuum that made them seem like they had a 24" waist. NO WAY on earth ronnie can do a decent vacuum. He can barely keep his stomach flattish.

In the '70s and '80s, I think the big guys lifted heavy, and ate much food. Oh, and breathed. Come on, it *IS* drug-induced. What other explanation is there, since no one before the mid-90's had large guts?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They didn't eat food like they do now. I would guess in some ways the amount of food is drug related; insulin is the big factor in eating so much.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Actually The Usual's avatar is a fake photo. I've seen it posted in another board, and they posted an analysis and the original photo. This was a couple years ago though so I have no idea where it was or if it is even there.

Ronnie and Kovacs do have guts that are that big. The thing is, it isn't GH or IGF1 that do this. It is true they increase organ wall thickness, but that results in a negligible increase in size even with high doses over a long period of time. It's the food that they eat that causes the massive distension. Greg Kovacs eats over 700 grams of protein per day. He only has 4 meals. Thus he eats PREPOSTEROUS amounts of food at a single sitting. If you've seen Ronnie's videos, you'll see that Ronnie doesn't eat a lot of seperate meals either. Same situation. Large meals cause their stomach to distend. That food gets digested and fills their intestines. Such high protein intake causes constipation. I can tell you from experience that chronic constipation most definitely causes distension of the intestines.

This is completely reversable.

You want proof that it isn't the GH or IGF1 or Insulin? Look at Jay Cutler. No gut. Wide waist, but no gut. He has like 10 seperate meals each day maybe more. He spreads his food intake out over a longer period of time. Hence no massive meals, and thus no gut. He also takes in a lot of fiber and has high carb intake. Thus likely no constipation.
Agree 100% it is NOT the HGH or the IGF1.

And I will also go with the huge meals.

If it is HGH and IGF-1 then how do you explain small guys who have NEVER done a cycle let alone HGH or IGF-1 and they STILL have the distended gut.

I have and IMO it is the huge meals

AND

AND

Genetic predisposition to an extended gut.

BTW to the member who said they eat large meal (no disrepect intended I assure you) but do you think you are eating on the same level as a probodybuilder. I personally know the diets of a couple guys who DO have extended guts and they SOMETIMES will eat 4 or 5 2000 cal meals in a SINGLE day.

CROWLER

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Shawn Ray, Richard Jones, Chris Cormier and I believe one other pro can still hit vacuum poses.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I still maintain its a combination of both :D

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
QUOTE--BTW to the member who said they eat large meal (no disrepect intended I assure you) but do you think you are eating on the same level as a probodybuilder. I personally know the diets of a couple guys who DO have extended guts and they SOMETIMES will eat 4 or 5 2000 cal meals in a SINGLE day.-------

I have gone over 5000-8000 calories in a day before. You would be amazed how much I eat. I know all about diet induced extended gut.

Eating alot now. Though I have toned it down.

This brings me back to point A--- If the gut is diet induced, it could have been corrected before the competition.

If thats the case.... He should be marked down for a sloppy showing..lol

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
for some reason, I cannot stop laughing at the pics

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
It is eating 2000 cals a meal day after day after day NOT a 5000 or 8000 calorie day here and there. And you can NOT bring it back down for the day of the contest. It is NOT fat so how would dieting do anything.

You ever blow up a balloon and leave it blown up for a couple days. Then it deflates but is PERMANANTLY stretched out. :aargh:

HUGE differance.

CROWLER

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is eating 2000 cals a meal day after day after day NOT a 5000 or 8000 calorie day here and there. And you can NOT bring it back down for the day of the contest. It is NOT fat so how would dieting do anything.

You ever blow up a balloon and leave it blown up for a couple days. Then it deflates but is PERMANANTLY stretched out. :aargh:

HUGE differance.

CROWLER
I still think its drug induced. (ronnie)

Either way...... it looks like ****.

ShadowOne

Awards
I seriously thought these were photoshops, since I lift for athletics and not for BB'ing so I'm not in tune with the pros. I just downloaded a highlight video of Cutler vs. Coleman in Olympia 2004, and that gut is real.

Fucking gross.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I still think its drug induced. (ronnie)

Either way...... it looks like ****.
That it does! Realize if they were on stage with anyone from the 70's or 80's they'd lose for that very reason.

ShadowOne

Awards
Haha. Look at this pic I found of Ronnie. Got some serious estrogen surging through him right here. Now it makes sense why Ronnie's voice sounds like Chris Tucker is yelling from inside of his belly.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That gut growth is 99% drug induced. What, you don't think arnold ate alot....baahh rubbish, they just weren't on to hgh, insulin, and the like...dim

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ever since I read this thread, Ive been doing vacuums everyday. :woohoo:

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I too feel it is drug induced. I've eaten huge amounts of food, day after day, and only had the bulge be on the lowest part of my stomach (intestines), not way up high just below the sternum like these guys have.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
that is amazing that Ronnie can get all the nutrients he needs out of 4 big meals...hgh or not.

Pushofabutton

Awards
Sry. These are photoshops. Ronnie has a gut but now way that big. Same for the last pic. The leg is way to huge for it to be real. look at the knee joint. Its bigger than his head.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sry. These are photoshops. Ronnie has a gut but now way that big. Same for the last pic. The leg is way to huge for it to be real. look at the knee joint. Its bigger than his head.
Ever seen him in person? His legs REALLY ARE that huge in the offseason. Like 4 or 5 months ago, he was at a gym near me working out with his girlfriend, Alti (sp?).

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's his gurl look like? One of those figure contestants? Pics?

And yeah, those who haven't seen one of those guys in person, you think he looks huge on photos. You'd forget to pick your jaws off the floor if you saw him in person. It's a truly mind-blowing experience to stand next to these monsters.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
She's pretty hot. She's also pretty short. It's funny, he's a friggin giant, and she's petite. She's really friggin strong though. She's very muscular for a fitness competitor. In her offseason she gets to like 140 or 150 pounds.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Its got to be hard on the body to lug around all the weight...I read an interview with Jay Cutler and he said that there are no stairs in his house, and he spends most of the day just lounging around and sleeping because he's so tired all the time.

While the size is impressive, these guys look like sh*t.

BV

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes exactly. Well, if it is possible to get that big, then it sure is possible for someone with average genetics, proper nutrition, training and assistance to get to the physique level of, say, Frank Zane...

I'mma be real OK with that. :D

Pushofabutton

Awards
I have meet him in person 2x's. Look at the distortion in his legs. It is a photoshop. If it isn't find me the photo under an IFBB webpage. You won't.