The protesting mom in Texas

1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.48%

The protesting mom in Texas

Okay - I am not hawking. I just wanted to vent about this mom on a strike outside of Bush's Ranch.

First, HE takes too many goddamn vacations!!!!!!

But, that aside, I am having difficulty with this woman and I am torn.

I understand that no parent should EVER have to bury their child and I cannot imagine her pain. I really couldn't even get my head around this kind of grief.

BUT - this is an all volunteer armed services in our country. EVERY single one of these terrific, wonderful, brave young people KNEW that their committment to the military could end with active battle....... I sometimes think of the Parades and accolades that we pile on these young people for serving for such a brief period when I have associates that served in Vietnam and they were dropped at a bus station in San Francisco after serving 18 months and had 48 hours to adjust to life again. No parades, no newspaper articles, nothing but having to get used to city sounds again.

I am seriously conflicted over this and wondered what your thoughts were about this greiving Mom in protest. What does she want George Bush to tell her?

Laura

2. SJA
    dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

She's just pissed. A grieving person (al lot of times) needs someone or something to blame. A lot of organized groups are formed from a close friend's or family member's death. It gives some people a way to vent the hurt and anger. JMO
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I can understand her anger, I'm no Bush fan--less of a fan by the day, but she needs to not use her sons death for a political agenda.

As was mentioned, the son volunteered to be in the armed forces, there is obviously an inherent danger in there, so she needs to accept his decision.

I think her "death for a LIE" thing is what bugs me the most. Bush is a douche, a ****ty politician, and he rolls over way too often. But, there are legitimate reasons to be in the middle east and calling the purpose of invasion a lie is not quite accurate (to be polite to her). Misinformed, yes...rushed, probably, a lie, probably not.

In fact, being where we are right now would be a great thing if we had a president who actually had some intestinal fortitude, leadership skills, and could think for himself...e.g. used advisors as "advisors" not decision makers.

That lady drives me nuts.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.62%

She talked to her home town paper a while ago and had a totally different attitude after she met with the president. She has a right to protest and be upset. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have one of your children killed. I think the real story here is how the far left is using a grieving mother for political reasons.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.63%

i agree I am not the biggest bush fan either, but I was definatly not a kerry fan at all. With that out of the way, have you ever looked at what happens when you he is out of town? I know this kind of stuff came up when movies like farenhiet 911 came out. The only thing that was left out was what he did while he was on his "vacation". He had lots of work needed to get done, having other politicians come to visit to work there, instead of visiting him at the white house and such. He is the president, basically where ever you go you can work, they bring what they need to get the job done where ever they go. I do not doubt that he has had more than enough relaxing time at his ranch too. I think its just a balance that needs to be found.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    I think the real story here is how the far left is using a grieving mother for political reasons.
    BTW, I'm digging these smilies
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.19%

Actually I think it is a case of how far the media in general will use all of us..
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

True. I absolutely despise most media organizations in general these days. I don't even like to watch the news anymore.

Our media and our politicans were originally supposed to be for the people...now the role has reversed
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.66%

However it also seems that the people have become disinterested in politics. A couple of people on this thread alone have said "I dont like bush, but Kerry was far worse". It seems that people dont have any interest in politics untill they have a gun to their head.

A similar thing happened in France last year, virtually nobody bothered voting through all the stages of the elections untill a Neo-Nazi made it through to the final election. Then they suddenly woke up and realised their options were the Neo Nazi or the Marshmellow that had been running the country before and no-one liked anyway! Suddenly everyone voted cause as much as they hated with a passion the guy that was in already (Chirac) the other option was just unthinkable.

People would rather watch reality TV than find out about whats happening in Politics these days.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Good point. But, that's a result of the sheeple of this country being influenced by both the media nd the politicians.

I.E. We'll take care of you, just sit back and leave us in office...Or, listen to us and everything will be okay...

Chirac or a Neo-Nazi, huh? Sounds like a tough choice to me
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.62%

Actually I think it is a case of how far the media in general will use all of us..
    If you look at who she is surrounded with it isn't people of the media, it's people like Michael Moore. The media hates Bush so they are running with the story. If this was Clinton or a dem. you wouldn't see the coverage that this is currently getting.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.62%

However it also seems that the people have become disinterested in politics. A couple of people on this thread alone have said "I dont like bush, but Kerry was far worse". It seems that people dont have any interest in politics untill they have a gun to their head.
    That's the problem. In each election we are pretty much choosing between the lesser of two evils. What people don't realize we are pretty damn close to becoming a one party state where rep. and dems are for the most part the same thing. I think one way to change this would be to pass a rule that if your on the ballot in all 50 states you are aloud in the presidential debates. Even when that happens the press pretty much spins it to who they like. I remember in one debate Alan Keys pretty much mopped the floor of everyone in the debate but the next days news account was like he wasn't there.
  13. CDB
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.17%

If you look at who she is surrounded with it isn't people of the media, it's people like Michael Moore. The media hates Bush so they are running with the story. If this was Clinton or a dem. you wouldn't see the coverage that this is currently getting.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. The media will raise up and tear down people of every ideological persuaion. Their bias is more issue oriented. The anti war slant of this story might be enough to sway that but I honestly don't know.
  14. CDB
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.17%

That's the problem. In each election we are pretty much choosing between the lesser of two evils. What people don't realize we are pretty damn close to becoming a one party state where rep. and dems are for the most part the same thing. I think one way to change this would be to pass a rule that if your on the ballot in all 50 states you are aloud in the presidential debates. Even when that happens the press pretty much spins it to who they like. I remember in one debate Alan Keys pretty much mopped the floor of everyone in the debate but the next days news account was like he wasn't there.
    I would say something similar, except my standard would be you have to have a possibility of winning mathematically. Which doesn't necessarily mean you need to be on the ballot in all fifty states.
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.63%

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle

A similar thing happened in France last year, virtually nobody bothered voting through all the stages of the elections untill a Neo-Nazi made it through to the final election. Then they suddenly woke up and realised their options were the Neo Nazi or the Marshmellow that had been running the country before and no-one liked anyway! Suddenly everyone voted cause as much as they hated with a passion the guy that was in already (Chirac) the other option was just unthinkable.

People would rather watch reality TV than find out about whats happening in Politics these days.
    Well you definatly were talking about me and have to wrong impression. The reason I said what I said is that I have liked bush at times, but not everything he does I agree with, some things I am on the other side. I am actually very interested in politics, I just do not discuss much of it woth others since I get very heated at times on it. So I am just setting the record straight on how I feel about it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 07:49 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM
  3. Did you guys see the stupid fer in the Texas game ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 07:49 AM
  4. Look What the Cat Dragged In
    By Gilster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 05:35 AM
  5. Well look who the cat drug in....
    By SHOT in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 07:27 PM