got my first handgun today

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
buddy of mine showed me around the area and led me to a little hole in the wall gun shop that looked ready to take over france........ok, bad example. :whip:

anyhoo, got me Glock .45

damn the man that breaks in my house. after my dog attacks his ankle, he's got a .45 waiting behind door #2. :smite:

djl7780

Awards
Sweet Beelze, I also have a glock .45 model 30(the small compact) I love mine, small but a hand cannon!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Sweet Beelze, I also have a glock .45 model 30(the small compact) I love mine, small but a hand cannon!
yup, same one i got. 10 + 1, right? little dude looks ready to blow holes through tanks. got a box of hollow points and another box for targeting.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
little fucker is a little difficult to take apart the first time, but i got it under control now.

djl7780

Awards
Yup 10+1... yeah its a little tricky at first but once you do it a couple of times it is easy.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
i was looking at getting one last year. it was a hk .45 it was soooo nice but it was also like $750. i think its best i dont own one while on tren. i see bad things going down.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
h&k's were a little pricey. the glock i got was ~570bucks. decent price i thought.

as for gear with weapons. if you have that type personality, then yeah, stay away from firearms.

no offense intended, but all the gear in the world doesn't give permission to make an ass out of yourself. it's a myth anyway.

djl7780

Awards
no offense intended, but all the gear in the world doesn't give permission to make an ass out of yourself. it's a myth anyway.[/QUOTE]
I agree!

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
none taken. but i DO have a shorter temper when im on.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
I got my first handgun about 6 years ago and absolutely LOVE IT.

Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm - not the biggest boomer at the range but it's one of the most (if not #1) reliable and best designed handguns in the world.

Glocks are nice too but I think my next one will be a nickel plated Colt Python revolver - those things are just about as gorgeous as a firearm can be.

:shoot:

BP

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Being a Canadian I really don't understand the American fascination with guns. More importantly with hand guns. Guns for hunting I can understand but nothing else.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Being a Canadian I really don't understand the American fascination with guns. More importantly with hand guns. Guns for hunting I can understand but nothing else.
Well I'm not a behavioral psychologist but I was born in Lebanon (though not Lebanese) and lived there till I was 5 before moving to the States, so that could have something to do with it.

Basically I look at it as any other hobby, albeit one that needs to be taken more seriously and handled with much more care than most others.

The guns I own are either for target shooting at gun ranges or can be used for hunting purposes. I don't own what are considered to be "assault" weapons, but that's not because I have something against them, only because I havent gotten around to purchasing any yet.

Let me just say though that in the eyes of the (especially liberal) government officials, steroids are the new "guns".

BP

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
If you were ever in a situation where you needed one, you'd understand. A few things are underneath the US fascination with guns. One, a free populace is an armed populace, because that's the ultimate determinant of where the power of a nation originates: who has the weapons. Two, an armed populace is a safer one. Criminals look for easy victims, not ones that shoot back. They're not in it for the challenge. Three, guns are awesome. They're beautifully made, fun to shoot and practice with, have long histories and make a great hobby. Four, they require discipline and responsibility, and one of the steps toward manhood in the US used to be when your dad judged you old enough and responsible enough to handle the guns, be it for protection or hunting. The associations remain.

Being an American I don't understand why Canadians tack the word "hey" on the end of every sentence. But it's cute when chicks do it, so I never really minded.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Post some pictures of them if you can guys. I was thinking of getting a Glock Compact as well. But I was thinking of getting a 9mm. Not really sure what I want, either that or a Beretta (like I shot with in the military).

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Nice choice...I have the Sig Sauer 0.45 ....heh heh...so fun to shoot.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
buddy of mine showed me around the area and led me to a little hole in the wall gun shop that looked ready to take over france........ok, bad example. :whip:

anyhoo, got me Glock .45

damn the man that breaks in my house. after my dog attacks his ankle, he's got a .45 waiting behind door #2. :smite:
:thumbsup:

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don;t have a digi cam but.. Got this 1 off the net

A Real Man's Gun

Last edited:
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Well there is the mentality that everyone has gun so I am at a disadvantage and could lose my life if I don't have one.

Schwaugher

Awards
I never really liked glocks that much, but i did get a Desert Eagle Mark XIX .44 mag which i love to shoot. So i went out i bought the barrel and magazine to convert it to a .50 cal. but my hand starts to hurt around bullet 4 or 5 so i switched it back.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
The Desert Eagle 50 cal is a little overkill, unless you need to take out a dinosaur.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
beelzerule #3:

i'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
just wandered onto the thread, nice choice bee, i keep my 21 by the bed every night. you should be able to find 13 rnd mags pretty easy with the ban lifted. it's a very reliable tack driver.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

anyhoo, got me Glock .45

hehe
the doggy in the batman suit?
I'm definitely getting a gun soon, is the whole process easy? I honestly know nothing about it. :burger:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
hehe
the doggy in the batman suit?
I'm definitely getting a gun soon, is the whole process easy? I honestly know nothing about it. :burger:

The desert eagle is the most unbeleivable gun!

:jaw: :box:

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
that looks sweet, wow, can I get it at Publix?
honestly I don't know the entire registration and buying process!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
that looks sweet, wow, can I get it at Publix?
honestly I don't know the entire registration and buying process!
VA is pretty simple. you'll need a photo ID with a current address on it (drivers license) and another form of something verifying your address (i used my checkbook). fill out a couple of papers, they do a background check (takes 5 minutes), then you've got yourself a gun.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
God Bless the Commonwealth then. I'm heading up there in a week, but don't have the funds until my birthday. I believe Florida's gun laws are pretty easy to work with.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
just wandered onto the thread, nice choice bee, i keep my 21 by the bed every night. you should be able to find 13 rnd mags pretty easy with the ban lifted. it's a very reliable tack driver.
if i can't hit 'em with 11 shots, then **** 'em. 2 more shots ain't gonna help me with something that fast. :run:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
God Bless the Commonwealth then. I'm heading up there in a week, but don't have the funds until my birthday. I believe Florida's gun laws are pretty easy to work with.
florida? WTF? i thought you were a DC boy.

cali is a horse of a different color with guns. like a 10 day background check, credit check, hemorroid check, etc.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I figured, I'm all over the East Coast (and Iceland).
I'm sure VA has 'better' guns laws than DC or MD. Ultimately I'd need the gun in Florida - so I suppose it's best to buy it here.
I couldn't travel with it by plane or mail it to myself I'm assuming...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I figured, I'm all over the East Coast (and Iceland).
I'm sure VA has 'better' guns laws than DC or MD. Ultimately I'd need the gun in Florida - so I suppose it's best to buy it here.
I couldn't travel with it by plane or mail it to myself I'm assuming...
yeah, i'm not sure if you can buy a gun in VA with a FL license.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I don't even look that the photo on my license now, the bloat is back with a vengeance :eek:

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
[snip]One, a free populace is an armed populace, because that's the ultimate determinant of where the power of a nation originates: who has the weapons. Two, an armed populace is a safer one. Criminals look for easy victims, not ones that shoot back. They're not in it for the challenge. [snip]
Yeah, but since the front of opposition between the governing powers and the populace has moved from "kill or be killed" to brainwashing the populace into better slavehood, the guns serve more to put people into a state of delusory safety from "the oppressor". Yes I'm a Canadian without a gun, but I do observe social/economic/political interactions very attentively, both here and south of the border... For what it's worth.

Take for example, the ban on prohormones : most people believe this is the government protecting them. SNORT. Same thing with so many things. When their rights dwindle to nothing in some years, they will still believe everything happens for their own best interest. Guns won't help them then. Independence of mind would. Not implying that owning a gun is a mark of not having independence of mind or anything. The big Bee dude is my bro too, you know. Even though this nick is new... ;)

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established

:jaw: :box:
Desert Eagle is more of a novelty gun it has no real world purpose except for saying
i have a desert eagle and shooting it at the range its way to big and what i have read
that it isnt all that relaible. Lots of articles about that.

"Post some pictures of them if you can guys. I was thinking of getting a Glock Compact as well.
But I was thinking of getting a 9mm. Not really sure what I want, either that or a Beretta (like
I shot with in the military)." Id go with a .45 makes bigger holes. Both are quality guns that
you can get reletivly cheap. My first pistol is gonna be either.
ParaOrdinace Carry 12
http://www.galleryofguns.com/gungallery/PowerSearch/showimage.asp?img=ctx1245n.jpg

or a Hk USP

I already have an M4.
Me Shooting a Mac-9

Attachments

FOCUS

Board Supporter
Awards
Florida Gun Law

The State of Florida has a waiting period on handgun sales. It's either five or ten days, I forget which. You can obtain a concealed weapons license in Florida. The process is pretty easy, there's a one day "class" held at gun shows/retailers, mail in certificate and app with fees and license is issued in ninety days.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The State of Florida has a waiting period on handgun sales. It's either five or ten days, I forget which. You can obtain a concealed weapons license in Florida. The process is pretty easy, there's a one day "class" held at gun shows/retailers, mail in certificate and app with fees and license is issued in ninety days.

State law requires a 3-day waiting period for all handgun sales by licensed dealers. Counties may extend the waiting period to 5-days and apply it to long guns and sales by non-licensed dealers at gun shows and flea markets. The waiting period is used by law enforcement to run a criminal background check to make sure the gun buyer is not prohibited from acquiring firearms. The waiting period also serves as a "cooling off" period to help prevent crimes of passion.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you were ever in a situation where you needed one, you'd understand. A few things are underneath the US fascination with guns. One, a free populace is an armed populace, because that's the ultimate determinant of where the power of a nation originates: who has the weapons. Two, an armed populace is a safer one. Criminals look for easy victims, not ones that shoot back. They're not in it for the challenge. Three, guns are awesome. They're beautifully made, fun to shoot and practice with, have long histories and make a great hobby. Four, they require discipline and responsibility, and one of the steps toward manhood in the US used to be when your dad judged you old enough and responsible enough to handle the guns, be it for protection or hunting. The associations remain.

Being an American I don't understand why Canadians tack the word "hey" on the end of every sentence. But it's cute when chicks do it, so I never really minded.
I've been shot.

Twice in the left shoulder.

I still don't see the need for handguns unless you are mixed up with some very bad people which I was at the time and why I still have my gun from THOSE days.

The average person, I don't think, requires a hand gun.

This, I think, is just one of those fundamental differences between Canadians and Americans. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't understand the fascination is all.

Edit: Oh, and it's "eh". But thanks for trying to be a complete and utter ignorant tool by trying to start something between Canadians and Americans. I was simply posting to enquire why the fascination.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
USMC Rules For Gunfighting
>
>1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your
>friends who have guns.
>
>2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is
>expensive.
>
>3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
>
>4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough
>nor using cover correctly.
>
>5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and
>diagonal movement are preferred.)
>
>6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a
>friend with a long gun.
>
>7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or
>tactics. They will only remember who lived.
>
>8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, or
>running.
>
>9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more
>dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
>
>9.5. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel
>pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
>
>10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
>beat you to death with it because it is empty.
>
>11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
>
>12. Have a plan.
>
>13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
>
>14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
>
>15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
>
>16. Don't drop your guard.
>
>17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
>
>18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep
>your hands where I can see them).
>
>19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
>
>20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
>
>21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
>
>22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
>
>23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment
>to
>avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
>
>24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not
>start with a "4."
>
>
>Navy Rules For Gunfighting
>
>1. Go to Sea
>
>2. Send the Marines
>
>3. Drink Coffee

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:think: mom?
Nah. It just so happened that you, I, BigVrunga, John Benz, Iron Warrior, Matthew D and JonBlaze (is he still around) often ended up in the same threads again and again. In my first nick. Which doesn't say "banned" under the nickname, but which cannot access the board. Same with the second. And here I am with my third nickname, trying to keep my posts as dull as possible (was kinda like CrazyOtter at some point, got some people really annoyed I guess) and I again have the pleasure of your informative and intelligent postings. Like Vrunga. We end up in the same threads a lot.

Wish I could take my first avatar again tough. :|

That's a nice M4, one of my favourites. I also love the Desert Eagle .50. Great damage. They are just about my favorite combo of weapoins : silenced M4 and Deagle as backup. Of course, the only time I've ever used them was for a good game of Counterstrike... The bullets aren't really painful but the rest is so realistic... :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Nah. It just so happened that you, I, BigVrunga, John Benz, Iron Warrior, Matthew D and JonBlaze (is he still around) often ended up in the same threads again and again. In my first nick. Which doesn't say "banned" under the nickname, but which cannot access the board. Same with the second. And here I am with my third nickname, trying to keep my posts as dull as possible (was kinda like CrazyOtter at some point, got some people really annoyed I guess) and I again have the pleasure of your informative and intelligent postings. Like Vrunga. We end up in the same threads a lot.

Wish I could take my first avatar again tough. :|
ok, i have an idea now.........
:dance:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I've been shot.

Twice in the left shoulder.

I still don't see the need for handguns unless you are mixed up with some very bad people which I was at the time and why I still have my gun from THOSE days.

This, I think, is just one of those fundamental differences between Canadians and Americans. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't understand the fascination is all.

Edit: Oh, and it's "eh". But thanks for trying to be a complete and utter ignorant tool by trying to start something between Canadians and Americans. I was simply posting to enquire why the fascination.
Just remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people. A lot of folks out there who own guns and have no respect for life, or common sence for that matter. Not that I'm speaking of anyone here.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people. A lot of folks out there who own guns and have no respect for life, or common sence for that matter. Not that I'm speaking of anyone here.
Used to think this way too. And for the most part, it's correct.

However, time it takes to fire a gun vs. time is takes to stab or beat person enough for them to die?

With a gun you don't get a second chance. With your fists or even a knife... you got time to wake up before the damage is really done.

So yeah, people kill people but guns make it a whole lot easier and a lot more convenient.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
I definitely agree, from an engineering and manufacturing standpoint...but what are you REALLY gonna do with a handgun that weighs 10 lbs unloaded? It's basically cool for movies and as a novelty item.

My top 3 handguns are the Sig P226, Colt Python, and Beretta 96 Brigadier:
http://www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p226-large.jpg
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/c2538.htm
http://www.gunshopfinder.com/beretta/96FSbriginox.asp

BP

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
However, time it takes to fire a gun vs. time is takes to stab or beat person enough for them to die?

With a gun you don't get a second chance. With your fists or even a knife... you got time to wake up before the damage is really done.
If my life, or the life of someone I love is in danger, then I would much rather be armed with a gun to finish the threat as quick as possible, so there is minimal chance for injury. If an attacker chooses to bring a knife to a gun fight, or whatever his weapon of choice is, then may he pay the consequences. May sound harsh, but this is a harsh world we live in. I plan on living it out as long as I can.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
If my life, or the life of someone I love is in danger, then I would much rather be armed with a gun to finish the threat as quick as possible, so there is minimal chance for injury. If an attacker chooses to bring a knife to a gun fight, or whatever his weapon of choice is, then may he pay the consequences. May sound harsh, but this is a harsh world we live in. I plan on living it out as long as I can.
well said

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Just remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
The gun helps :lol: and believe me - I say that as a gun owner.

That's definitely true - there is almost no one out there who REQUIRES a handgun (obviously except for L/E and such), but it's still one's RIGHT to own it if you wish - with certain restrictions that vary from state to state. Beelze got his firearm in VA by showing 2 forms of ID and waiting 5 minutes for a background check to complete. Very different story in NJ where I had to submit 2 applications to my local PD, get fingerprinted, wait 3 months for the state police background check to complete, and yet ANOTHER background check done at the point of sale. Go to CA or MA and what I went through looks like a walk in the park.

Just trying to put some things into perspective.

BP

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
The gun helps :lol: and believe me - I say that as a gun owner.

That's definitely true - there is almost no one out there who REQUIRES a handgun (obviously except for L/E and such), but it's still one's RIGHT to own it if you wish - with certain restrictions that vary from state to state. Beelze got his firearm in VA by showing 2 forms of ID and waiting 5 minutes for a background check to complete. Very different story in NJ where I had to submit 2 applications to my local PD, get fingerprinted, wait 3 months for the state police background check to complete, and yet ANOTHER background check done at the point of sale. Go to CA or MA and what I went through looks like a walk in the park.

Just trying to put some things into perspective.

BP
Agreed, noone requires a weapon. However......

Those intending harm to others are not concerned about the law and registering firearms. They will obtain firearms regardless of what the law might say. Therefore, law abiding citizens may want to consider owning and knowing how to use a firearm. This should be done within the law. Individuals should know how to shoot, maintain, and carry their firearm in a legal and safe manner.