Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

excellent post SJA. LMAO.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    mom?
    Nah. It just so happened that you, I, BigVrunga, John Benz, Iron Warrior, Matthew D and JonBlaze (is he still around) often ended up in the same threads again and again. In my first nick. Which doesn't say "banned" under the nickname, but which cannot access the board. Same with the second. And here I am with my third nickname, trying to keep my posts as dull as possible (was kinda like CrazyOtter at some point, got some people really annoyed I guess) and I again have the pleasure of your informative and intelligent postings. Like Vrunga. We end up in the same threads a lot.

Wish I could take my first avatar again tough. :|

That's a nice M4, one of my favourites. I also love the Desert Eagle .50. Great damage. They are just about my favorite combo of weapoins : silenced M4 and Deagle as backup. Of course, the only time I've ever used them was for a good game of Counterstrike... The bullets aren't really painful but the rest is so realistic...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Nah. It just so happened that you, I, BigVrunga, John Benz, Iron Warrior, Matthew D and JonBlaze (is he still around) often ended up in the same threads again and again. In my first nick. Which doesn't say "banned" under the nickname, but which cannot access the board. Same with the second. And here I am with my third nickname, trying to keep my posts as dull as possible (was kinda like CrazyOtter at some point, got some people really annoyed I guess) and I again have the pleasure of your informative and intelligent postings. Like Vrunga. We end up in the same threads a lot.

Wish I could take my first avatar again tough. :|
    ok, i have an idea now.........
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    I've been shot.

Twice in the left shoulder.

I still don't see the need for handguns unless you are mixed up with some very bad people which I was at the time and why I still have my gun from THOSE days.

The average person, I don't think, requires a hand gun.

This, I think, is just one of those fundamental differences between Canadians and Americans. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't understand the fascination is all.

Edit: Oh, and it's "eh". But thanks for trying to be a complete and utter ignorant tool by trying to start something between Canadians and Americans. I was simply posting to enquire why the fascination.
    Just remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people. A lot of folks out there who own guns and have no respect for life, or common sence for that matter. Not that I'm speaking of anyone here.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    Just remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people. A lot of folks out there who own guns and have no respect for life, or common sence for that matter. Not that I'm speaking of anyone here.
    Used to think this way too. And for the most part, it's correct.

However, time it takes to fire a gun vs. time is takes to stab or beat person enough for them to die?

With a gun you don't get a second chance. With your fists or even a knife... you got time to wake up before the damage is really done.

So yeah, people kill people but guns make it a whole lot easier and a lot more convenient.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    The desert eagle is the most unbeleivable gun!
    I definitely agree, from an engineering and manufacturing standpoint...but what are you REALLY gonna do with a handgun that weighs 10 lbs unloaded? It's basically cool for movies and as a novelty item.

My top 3 handguns are the Sig P226, Colt Python, and Beretta 96 Brigadier:
    http://www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p226-large.jpg
    http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/c2538.htm
    http://www.gunshopfinder.com/beretta/96FSbriginox.asp

BP
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.28%

However, time it takes to fire a gun vs. time is takes to stab or beat person enough for them to die?

With a gun you don't get a second chance. With your fists or even a knife... you got time to wake up before the damage is really done.
    If my life, or the life of someone I love is in danger, then I would much rather be armed with a gun to finish the threat as quick as possible, so there is minimal chance for injury. If an attacker chooses to bring a knife to a gun fight, or whatever his weapon of choice is, then may he pay the consequences. May sound harsh, but this is a harsh world we live in. I plan on living it out as long as I can.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

If my life, or the life of someone I love is in danger, then I would much rather be armed with a gun to finish the threat as quick as possible, so there is minimal chance for injury. If an attacker chooses to bring a knife to a gun fight, or whatever his weapon of choice is, then may he pay the consequences. May sound harsh, but this is a harsh world we live in. I plan on living it out as long as I can.
    well said
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

Just remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    The gun helps and believe me - I say that as a gun owner.

That's definitely true - there is almost no one out there who REQUIRES a handgun (obviously except for L/E and such), but it's still one's RIGHT to own it if you wish - with certain restrictions that vary from state to state. Beelze got his firearm in VA by showing 2 forms of ID and waiting 5 minutes for a background check to complete. Very different story in NJ where I had to submit 2 applications to my local PD, get fingerprinted, wait 3 months for the state police background check to complete, and yet ANOTHER background check done at the point of sale. Go to CA or MA and what I went through looks like a walk in the park.

Just trying to put some things into perspective.

BP
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Quote Originally Posted by BigP0ppa3
    The gun helps and believe me - I say that as a gun owner.

That's definitely true - there is almost no one out there who REQUIRES a handgun (obviously except for L/E and such), but it's still one's RIGHT to own it if you wish - with certain restrictions that vary from state to state. Beelze got his firearm in VA by showing 2 forms of ID and waiting 5 minutes for a background check to complete. Very different story in NJ where I had to submit 2 applications to my local PD, get fingerprinted, wait 3 months for the state police background check to complete, and yet ANOTHER background check done at the point of sale. Go to CA or MA and what I went through looks like a walk in the park.

Just trying to put some things into perspective.

BP
    Agreed, noone requires a weapon. However......

Those intending harm to others are not concerned about the law and registering firearms. They will obtain firearms regardless of what the law might say. Therefore, law abiding citizens may want to consider owning and knowing how to use a firearm. This should be done within the law. Individuals should know how to shoot, maintain, and carry their firearm in a legal and safe manner.
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

I chose my former life as a teen. I accept that consequence and fate.

I'm sorry you live in such an area the requires that level of protection.

Best of luck to ya there! Be safe.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

I'm a law obiding citizen but I have a beef with my neighbour. Found him ****ing around with my wife.

So I drive across state lines ot VA where I only had to produce 2 forms of ID and waiting 5 minutes for a background check to complete. I drive back over to my state, find me neighbour and shoot him.

My purchase and ownership was done in a legal manner and before this incident I was a law obiding citizen.

Seems pretty ****ed up to me to have different sets of rules to determine who is and who isn't law obiding
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

I'm a law obiding citizen but I have a beef with my neighbour. Found him ****ing around with my wife.

So I drive across state lines ot VA where I only had to produce 2 forms of ID and waiting 5 minutes for a background check to complete. I drive back over to my state, find me neighbour and shoot him.

My purchase and ownership was done in a legal manner and before this incident I was a law obiding citizen.

Seems pretty ****ed up to me to have different sets of rules to determine who is and who isn't law obiding

point taken.

but for the majority of the time, this isn't the case. i find it laughable that i should wait to be a victim, cross my fingers that it won't happen, when i could just as easily arm myself and be ready for whatever.

the guy in your story could just as easily arm himself and be ready for mr. jealous husband. fwiw, if a guy is ****ing around with another guys wife, he should expect a reaction. is death the answer? no, but in a perfect world, he wouldn't be messing around with the dude's wife anyway.

again, i understand your point, i just don't agree.
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

point taken.

but for the majority of the time, this isn't the case. i find it laughable that i should wait to be a victim, cross my fingers that it won't happen, when i could just as easily arm myself and be ready for whatever.

the guy in your story could just as easily arm himself and be ready for mr. jealous husband. fwiw, if a guy is ****ing around with another guys wife, he should expect a reaction. is death the answer? no, but in a perfect world, he wouldn't be messing around with the dude's wife anyway.

again, i understand your point, i just don't agree.
    Fanaticals usually don't

I don't care one way or another. I can see both points but I am open enough to realize there seems to be more problems with everyone having the ability to arm themselves then selected few doing it.

I guess the US is just a very voilent place? I've spent some time in a few seedy places here in Toronto and Vancouver and never felt the need to arm myself for fear of being robbed, beated or worse. Not since my younger days at least. But that's very different to the a-typical person I think.

Not flaming at all eh? Just really trying to understand the whole reasoning. Seems like a valid reason on the surface to protect yourself before someone else gets to you but if that's the reality of your environment than it WOULD seem that the US is indeed, highly violent compared to other nations?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Fanaticals usually don't

I don't care one way or another. I can see both points but I am open enough to realize there seems to be more problems with everyone having the ability to arm themselves then selected few doing it.

I guess the US is just a very voilent place? I've spent some time in a few seedy places here in Toronto and Vancouver and never felt the need to arm myself for fear of being robbed, beated or worse. Not since my younger days at least. But that's very different to the a-typical person I think.

Not flaming at all eh? Just really trying to understand the whole reasoning. Seems like a valid reason on the surface to protect yourself before someone else gets to you but if that's the reality of your environment than it WOULD seem that the US is indeed, highly violent compared to other nations?
    i'm fanatical for wanting to protect my wife and myself? that's new. i suppose it would be more reasonable to be shot in my own home and my wife raped and beaten to death.

yes, the world is violent and dangerous. flip on CNN sometime and see for yourself.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

and yes, the chances are it won't happen to you or anyone you know. like i said before, i'd rather have one and not need it than need it and not have one.
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

i'm fanatical for wanting to protect my wife and myself? that's new. i suppose it would be more reasonable to be shot in my own home and my wife raped and beaten to death.

yes, the world is violent and dangerous. flip on CNN sometime and see for yourself.
    You lost the point I was tryng to make with the fanatical statement.

Looks liek I am starting to offend so I'll butt out. Congrats on your purchase though. I do enjoy going to the range for a nice shooting session
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

not offended bro. just trying to explain my train of thought.

the last thing i want to do is be a victim.
  19. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

Those intending harm to others are not concerned about the law and registering firearms. They will obtain firearms regardless of what the law might say. Therefore, law abiding citizens may want to consider owning and knowing how to use a firearm. This should be done within the law. Individuals should know how to shoot, maintain, and carry their firearm in a legal and safe manner.
    I am with you 100% - we are in violent agreement

Obviously, if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...

House, sorry I dont think I was clear when I was talking about different state laws. In this scenario if you're not FROM VA you can't drive there to buy a gun with more ease than your home state. Basically, if I wanted to shoot my neighbor in NJ, I'd have to wait a couple of months to cap his ass "legally".

BP
  20. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

I am with you 100% - we are in violent agreement

Obviously, if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...

House, sorry I dont think I was clear when I was talking about different state laws. In this scenario if you're not FROM VA you can't drive there to buy a gun with more ease than your home state. Basically, if I wanted to shoot my neighbor in NJ, I'd have to wait a couple of months to cap his ass "legally".

BP
    Ok. but the concept still applies.

State in your home state and do it if oyu live in VA
  21. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The Dude: Walter, what is the point? Look, we all know who is at fault here, what the **** are you talking about?
    Walter Sobchak: Huh? No, what the **** are you... I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.
    Donny: What the **** is he talking about?
    The Dude: My rug.
    Walter Sobchak: Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  22. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

B, The Big Lebowski is one of the GREATEST movies of all time!!!

Walter Sobchak: I dabbled in pacifism...not in 'Nam of course.

BP
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

mark it zero dude
  24. board observer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%

The gun problem certainly isn't anything any one or two of us is going to solve. If it were that easy, there wouldn't be a problem.

I'll be the first to admit, there are some idiots in this country that I really wish didn't have the right to own guns. But I don't think that my rights should be taken away because of their mistakes. Besides, even if we ban guns, there will still be some idiots that have them.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    Besides, even if we ban guns, there will still be some idiots that have them.
    Replace "guns" with "AAS" and tell me if there's a difference?

BP
  26. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

Replace "guns" with "AAS" and tell me if there's a difference?

BP
    Replace AAS with coke, pot, heroin, etc and tell me there's a difference?

27. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

Replace AAS with coke, pot, heroin, etc and tell me there's a difference?

mmmmmmmmkaaaay

BP
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.68%

if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...
    Damn, that's nearly poetic. Has a very nice sound to it. I think you've inspired me to write a poem.
    No, dammit, I'm not joking.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  29. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.89%

How do you attach a video?
  30. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Go Advanced

V look below to V

Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt wmv zip
    click ->[Manage Attachments]<-click

click->[Browse]<-

Upload!

Don't know if it will work...
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Nice! I have a Sig Pro 9mm - lightweight, durable, accurate, and CHEAP ammo for lots of practicing.

I shoot with my dad who has a Springfield XD 40 and XD 9mm - both of those are fun and nice guns too.

My next is likely a revolver of some sort for the wife. The upcoming Taurus Triad looks really interesting.
  32. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.89%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Go Advanced

V look below to V

Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt wmv zip
    click ->[Manage Attachments]<-click

click->[Browse]<-

Upload!

Don't know if it will work...

Thanks B. I'll have to try it when I get back on Monday.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof
    Nice! I have a Sig Pro 9mm - lightweight, durable, accurate, and CHEAP ammo for lots of practicing.

I shoot with my dad who has a Springfield XD 40 and XD 9mm - both of those are fun and nice guns too.

My next is likely a revolver of some sort for the wife. The upcoming Taurus Triad looks really interesting.
    heard bad things about taurus bro. i'd stay away for now.
  34. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    The Desert Eagle 50 cal is a little overkill, unless you need to take out a dinosaur.
    You ever fire one of those ****ers? I kicks like a dinosaur.
  35. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Take for example, the ban on prohormones : most people believe this is the government protecting them. SNORT. Same thing with so many things. When their rights dwindle to nothing in some years, they will still believe everything happens for their own best interest. Guns won't help them then. Independence of mind would. Not implying that owning a gun is a mark of not having independence of mind or anything. The big Bee dude is my bro too, you know. Even though this nick is new...
    If you're speaking about a revolution, i'd beg to differ. Look what trouble a rag tag ass bunch of idiots with guns in Iraq are causing for the US. You think several million armed Americans would do worse?
  36. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

I've been shot.

Twice in the left shoulder.

I still don't see the need for handguns unless you are mixed up with some very bad people which I was at the time and why I still have my gun from THOSE days.

This, I think, is just one of those fundamental differences between Canadians and Americans. Nothing wrong with it but I just don't understand the fascination is all.

Edit: Oh, and it's "eh". But thanks for trying to be a complete and utter ignorant tool by trying to start something between Canadians and Americans. I was simply posting to enquire why the fascination.
    I was trying to add a little levity to an otherwise sort of heavy topic. Relax. I'm glad you feel safe enough that you don't think you or the average citizen needs a gun. I wouldn't argue with your assessment of your situation. I just ask for people not to make that decision for others. And my friends from Calgary (sp?) say "hey."
  37. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%

Nice scenario. I believe according to the US federal government that type of scenario makes up less than 2% of all crimes committed with guns. Plus no one in these discussions, the press the government and most individuals, never take the time to think how many lives were saved because of a gun, and what happens to them if restrictions are upped to take of that less than 2% of crimes that may have been stopped?
  38. lurking AM since -04
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.6%

What does one actually need to buy a firearm in the US? Do you need a license, if so, what does it takes to get it? I'm not an american nor have I been there, but to me it seems that everyone in america got their own gun. I saw a documentary last night where a guy just walked right into a weapon store and bought rifles, which he smuggled to the guerilla in albania (or wherever it was). In my country the regulations are strict as hell, and it's very hard to get a license if your work not requires it.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Quote Originally Posted by TheViking
    What does one actually need to buy a firearm in the US? Do you need a license, if so, what does it takes to get it? I'm not an american nor have I been there, but to me it seems that everyone in america got their own gun. I saw a documentary last night where a guy just walked right into a weapon store and bought rifles, which he smuggled to the guerilla in albania (or wherever it was). In my country the regulations are strict as hell, and it's very hard to get a license if your work not requires it.
    basically, you just need a clean record. every state is different. in VA, if you want to buy a rifle or shotgun, you don't need either, just walk in give them the cash and you're out. handguns are a little different, but still relatively easy to obtain, legally that is.
  40. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.31%

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    If you're speaking about a revolution, i'd beg to differ. Look what trouble a rag tag ass bunch of idiots with guns in Iraq are causing for the US. You think several million armed Americans would do worse?
    What I'm saying is as long as the people believe everything every lying politician wants them to believe, i.e. "we are taking your needs and interests at heart" then no matter how badly a government treats its population, weapons will do nothing, as the illusion of freedom supersedes the will for real freedom.

40 years ago, the "news" was called "propaganda"...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Got my T1 Pro Today!
    By pogue in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  2. Got my first order today!
    By Lander in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 12:39 AM
  3. Got my first order today. Wow
    By damien888 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8