I am NOT trying to point fingers or taunt

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. I am NOT trying to point fingers or taunt


    i swear BUT it is really sad how people here can not express their feelings about one another without it being censored or threads shut down.

    In my opinion, which i believe m any of you willl disagree on, i believe we are all adults and can handle criticism and the fact that all people are not going to want to be your friend and that the world doesnt always get along.

    i truly feel that as long as we arent calling each other "****ing morons" "stupid" "I want u to ****ing die" or things of that sort and feelings are expressed in a mmature manner than it should be allowed.

    i truly am not trying to make secret jabs or anything, its just my opinion about censorship and things.


  2. close this thread immediately

    just kidding, just keep it civil folks

    no one should get upset about opinions expressed on the internet (although I do once in a while) - but it's just silly. If you find yourself getting mad at people in cyberspace you probably have a problem that has nothing to do with the computer

    and away we go....
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  3. That was the EXACT reason I closed that thread.. it was going NO where except bashing on other members...
    •   
       

  4. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    I'm going to add my contribution to this.

    Many are claiming to be mature adults using freedom of expression when they are in a discussion on a topic. Regardless of the topic, I am FAR from a prude and quite shock proof. BUT as a mature adult I try to communicate using a reasonable amount of tact and tasteful etiquette.

    Lately there is a trend of individuals using dialogue that is overly graphic and profane. Regardless of the topic some people just seem unable to communicate without this sort of language. Yes, this is an internet board. Yes there is freedom of expression. Yes there are adult topic forums. BUT, I, as a mature adult do not engage in dialogue with other mature adults using this sort of language in person or on the net. I can completely express myself and my opinions with all the passion and animation that I tend to display without using horrid, graphic and profane language.

    Now if these are people communicating exclusively with one another on subjects exclusive to their opinions, interests and ideas, there are PM's for that very purpose. But if there is going to be a public discussion (on a private board) there is an amount of decency that is prerequisitite to the demonstration of the state of being a mature adult.

    Being adult does not automatically qualify someone as mature. Adult is the state of being of legal age and is a matter of chronology that is independent of ones behavior. Maturity is the demonstartion of personal and behavioral characteristics commensurate with the process of inner growth.
    Look at all these little kids takin' care of the music biz don't their bus'ness take good care of me...

  5. i agree .. and deoudes you're ugly, stupid, and your mother dresses you funny

  6. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i agree .. and deoudes you're ugly, stupid, and your mother dresses you funny
    You forgot to mention he smells like poo and eats his own boogers.

  7. I pretty much know what thread sparked Mrs gimpy to write this and in this case I have to agree with her. Someone needed to say something to this person. I really didnt want to say anything, but the drama and fishing for compliments is starting to get old.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    I pretty much know what thread sparked Mrs gimpy to write this and in this case I have to agree with her. Someone needed to say something to this person. I really didnt want to say anything, but the drama and fishing for compliments is starting to get old.
    Agree with what? Mrs. Gimpy simply mentioned that a thread was closed due to immature behaviour.. Ellaborate on what you got outta the post..

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Gimpy
    i swear BUT it is really sad how people here can not express their feelings about one another without it being censored or threads shut down.

    In my opinion, which i believe m any of you willl disagree on, i believe we are all adults and can handle criticism and the fact that all people are not going to want to be your friend and that the world doesnt always get along.

    i truly feel that as long as we arent calling each other "****ing morons" "stupid" "I want u to ****ing die" or things of that sort and feelings are expressed in a mmature manner than it should be allowed.

    i truly am not trying to make secret jabs or anything, its just my opinion about censorship and things.
    No names were mentioned, nor was there any mention of drama and fishing for compliments..

  10. she didnt mention the name and she didnt have to and nor do I want to. She was referring to a thread that was closed to due someone stating there option about another person. And in this case I agree, the thread should not have been closed, someone needed to say what was said to that individual.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i agree .. and deoudes you're ugly, stupid, and your mother dresses you funny
    im not ugly
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    im not ugly
    but you do smell funny.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    but you do smell funny.
    ...and eat poo.

  14. i actually bought this deodorant in this gas station, smells like lysol - and it wears off and i smell

    like poo
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  15. my mom cut my hair up until 10th grade

    i had the jeff george style
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    my mom cut my hair up until 10th grade

    i had the jeff george style
    Sweet look. Bet you had to beat the girls off with a bat.

  17. hahaha
    he kind of looks like Rafael Palmeiro
    nah, they juiced me up, got me a haircut, body wash, some clothes from ebay and the rest is history
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com



  18. I'm lovin it

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots082

    I'm lovin it
    Is that light beer? I'm watching my calories.

  20. i have the open road song in my head from ESPN
    bryan adams - open road, 50 states in 50 days damnit
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    she didnt mention the name and she didnt have to and nor do I want to. She was referring to a thread that was closed to due someone stating there option about another person. And in this case I agree, the thread should not have been closed, someone needed to say what was said to that individual.
    that was exactly what i was referring to.

    bashing matthew is using profane words to HURT someone, but simply stating your opinion about someone like hm..." mrs. gimpy is a crazy woman at times. she annoys me." would not be an issue. its simply stating a feeling. not to be "evil" and "malicious" at least to me. but saying "mrs. gimpy is the stupidest ****ing dip**** who cant tell her ******* from...etc...." would be inappropriate.

  22. There are days when I really really HATE this job that I signed up to just to do it, just incase you didn't know, mods or admin don't get paid to do this job.. There is NOT one day that goes by that someone does is not critical about one thing that I do or another.. So hey.. thanks for reinforcing my opinion that no matter what you do, NO ONE gives damn and all they want to do is crack on you about how you did the job...

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    There are days when I really really HATE this job that I signed up to just to do it, just incase you didn't know, mods or admin don't get paid to do this job.. There is NOT one day that goes by that someone does is not critical about one thing that I do or another.. So hey.. thanks for reinforcing my opinion that no matter what you do, NO ONE gives damn and all they want to do is crack on you about how you did the job...
    Story of my life.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. i agree...maybe some people just cant take criticism
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Gimpy
    that was exactly what i was referring to.

    bashing matthew is using profane words to HURT someone, but simply stating your opinion about someone like hm..." mrs. gimpy is a crazy woman at times. she annoys me." would not be an issue. its simply stating a feeling. not to be "evil" and "malicious" at least to me. but saying "mrs. gimpy is the stupidest ****ing dip**** who cant tell her ******* from...etc...." would be inappropriate.

  25. Thanks again.. I appreciate your need to be critical of a place you have been around so long

  26. in all honesty and in risk of sounding like i'm kissing ass, the mods on this board do a kick ass job and they stick to their guns. it ain't hard to figure out what will fly and what won't on this board. when a thread gets closed, it's generally to avoid name calling and other childish **** that 99% of the time follows when the particular subject is driven into the ground. there's always going to be some wise ass internet tough guy who posts a shrewd comment that will immediately follow other assholic comments from opposing members. this is a discussion forum, but you can easily see where a thread is heading once it takes that fatal turn, i'd close the **** too, it's annoying.
  27. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    Thanks again.. I appreciate your need to be critical of a place you have been around so long
    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Many are claiming to be mature adults using freedom of expression

    Lately there is a trend of individuals


    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ass[a]holic comments
    is there a 12 step program for this condition
    Look at all these little kids takin' care of the music biz don't their bus'ness take good care of me...
  28. Unhappy


    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    there's always going to be some wise ass internet tough guy who posts a shrewd comment that will immediately follow other assholic comments from opposing members.
    .
    but you still love me right?

  29. hey do you guys/girl remember my pink shirt thread? that was a funny one that got cut out.
    imiss you pink shirt thread

    im going to go put on a pink shirt right now! then im going to drink some white wine and put on my kennyG cd.

  30. My my, you ARE funny, CrAzyOttER

  31. Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    My my, you ARE funny, CrAzyOttER
    thank you veeeeerrrry much buddy.


    some people dont seem to think so.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by CrAzyOttER
    but you still love me right?
    lol, wasn't directed at you bro.
  33. Talking


    SO YOU DO LOVE ME!!!!!! i knew it all along. sorry BEE, you are a sexy bitch but i just dont swing that way anymore. not since 3rd grade.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by CrAzyOttER
    SO YOU DO LOVE ME!!!!!! i knew it all along. sorry BEE, you are a sexy bitch but i just dont swing that way anymore. not since 3rd grade.
    Your a weird dude .

    But your Avatar makes up for it.
  35. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzyOttER
    Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    My my, you ARE funny, CrAzyOttER
    thank you veeeeerrrry much buddy.


    some people dont seem to think so.
    fun·ny (adj.)
    Causing laughter or amusement.

    Main Entry: funny
    Part of Speech: adjective 1
    Definition: humorous
    Synonyms: a scream, absurd, amusing, antic, blithe, capricious, clever, comic, comical, diverting, droll, entertaining, facetious, farcical, for grins, gas, gay, gelastic, good-humored, hilarious, humdinger, humorous, hysterical, jocose, jocular, joking, jolly, killing, knee-slapper, laughable, ludicrous, merry, mirthful, playful, priceless, rich, ridiculous, riot, riotous, risible, side-splitting, silly, slapstick, sportive, waggish, whimsical, witty

    ob·nox·ious (adj.)
    Very annoying or objectionable; offensive or odious

    Main Entry: obnoxious
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: offensive
    Synonyms: abhorrent, abominable, annoying, awful, beastly, big mouth, bitchy, blue, creep, crumb, cussed, detestable, disagreeable, disgusting, dislikable, displeasing, foul, funky, grody, gross, hateable, hateful, heel, horrid, insufferable, invidious, loathsome, mean, nasty, nauseating, objectionable, odious, off-color, ornery, pesky, pestiferous, pill, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sickening, stinking, unpleasant
    Look at all these little kids takin' care of the music biz don't their bus'ness take good care of me...

  36. obnoxiously funny???
  37. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    obnoxiously funny???
    objectionable amusement?
    Look at all these little kids takin' care of the music biz don't their bus'ness take good care of me...

  38. jumbo shrimp?

  39. I'm honestly trying to find something obnoxious about CrazyOtter's postings and I can't. But then again, I have a couple accounts that don't seem to work anymore... I wonder why? Maybe because we have similar humour???

    Is being eccentric (nope I don't mean "downward repping") really ALL bad?

    Peace.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Do you try to add size or maintain size?
    By Jim Mills in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
  2. I lose weight when I'm not trying to...
    By Hooks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 07:51 AM
  3. Im not trying to be nasty............
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 02:37 PM
  4. I am NOT allergic to HCG, right?
    By UrBrainOnHRT in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 07:30 PM
  5. Not trying to cause trouble
    By asap nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Log in
Log in