Problem with videos playing inside browser...

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am usually very computer savvy but lately I have had a problem with Windows Media files playing inside Firefox as well as inside of Internet explorer. I have tried to reinstall both firefox and windows media but it hasnt corrected the problem. If I try to watch a video in IE it will crash the browser and if I try and watch a video in Firefox it says something about a Dynamic Link Library Error or some ****. I know it has to be some kind of plugin error but I don't know how to correct it. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I can't ever get any windowa media to play in foxfire.. but I haven't had any problems with IE.. have you upgraded lately?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Upgraded what? I have upgraded everything that i know of.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I think that there is a new version of media player but I am not totally sure about that

DHEA

Banned
Awards
I am usually very computer savvy but lately I have had a problem with Windows Media files playing inside Firefox as well as inside of Internet explorer. I have tried to reinstall both firefox and windows media but it hasnt corrected the problem. If I try to watch a video in IE it will crash the browser and if I try and watch a video in Firefox it says something about a Dynamic Link Library Error or some ****. I know it has to be some kind of plugin error but I don't know how to correct it. Anyone else ever have this problem?
In IE, goto Tools, Internet options, Advanced, under multimedia uncheck play videos in web pages and click ok, restart IE and try again.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Type...

about(colon)plugins

...in the Firefox URL address box

Scroll down to the Windows Media area (typically at the bottom of the page); it should look something like this:

You will also have info listed for Microsoft DRM, which is installed/updated with Media Player.

Since you have this problem in IE and Firefox, and since the reference is to a missing and/or corrupt DLL, the best option may be to simply go and download the latest Windows Media Player (v.10)...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download

But, if you see that Windows Media Player info does not show up when you check your Firefox plugins info page, or if the enable colmun says NO on any of the first 3 items in the section, then you may have a different problem that we can fix.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
In IE, goto Tools, Internet options, Advanced, under multimedia uncheck play videos in web pages and click ok, restart IE and try again.
This is waht happens in Mozilla when I do it.

When I did what you said in IE it just makes the browser crash.

Last edited: