How do figure skaters get so strong?

bigbadboss101

Awards
Often you see male figure skaters hoist their partner up in the air.  Holding up a gal is one thing, but doing it on skates, and sometimes with one arm is quite amazing.  These guys look thin and somewhat feminine, but yet they can lift, toss their partners around.  Different kind of training they do?

With me, I don't call myself a BBer.  I weight training, and don't do big weights.  I can cradle a 120 lbs gal in my arms for a while, but definitely I would love to be able to curl 150 lbs, or hoist someone over my head.  Functional strength vs. in-the-gym strength !?

shady

Awards
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Often you see male figure skaters hoist their partner up in the air.  Holding up a gal is one thing, but doing it on skates, and sometimes with one arm is quite amazing.  These guys look thin and somewhat feminine, but yet they can lift, toss their partners around.  Different kind of training they do?

With me, I don't call myself a BBer.  I weight training, and don't do big weights.  I can cradle a 120 lbs gal in my arms for a while, but definitely I would love to be able to curl 150 lbs, or hoist someone over my head.  Functional strength vs. in-the-gym strength !?
very good q . i would also like to know this one .

Blindfaith

Awards
ummm because their partners are about 5 foot nothing and about 100lbs!

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Blindfaith
ummm because their partners are about 5 foot nothing and about 100lbs!

and then those guys lift those little ladies day-in and day-out....functional strength.

LG. :cool:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im not hating on you my friend, but why you watching figure skating?? unless....you watching it for the ladies (yeah....thats good stuff) back in the day, katherina witt was righ up there man.
this question actually brings up a observation i had man. male gymnist are pretty deebo. they right up there with position football players (wr, rb, cb's...not o-line)

bigbadboss101

Awards
Haha funny.  I like female skating, tennis, and gymnastic.  I like male sports like football, hockey, baseball, basketball, fighting, etc. LOL

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Haha funny.  I like female skating, tennis, and gymnastic.  I like male sports like football, hockey, baseball, basketball, fighting, etc. LOL
aight...bbb101, im letting you go on this one cuz football, basket&baseball, hockey, fighting balances out your gymnastic skating tennis (ha) (again, tennis nice when the females be playing and/or its one of the 4 majors).

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im the only male EVER that dont think anna is hot. she aight, but i dont think she's even the most attractive in tennis. i dont know them by name but even martina hingis is cuter than anna. (im gonna get a stream of disagreement real soon.......

Blindfaith

Awards
Originally posted by sage
im the only male EVER that dont think anna is hot. she aight, but i dont think she's even the most attractive in tennis. i dont know them by name but even martina hingis is cuter than anna. (im gonna get a stream of disagreement real soon.......

i agree with you bro...dont get me wrong...Anna is definetly hot...but there are hotter chicks at my University! and i agree that hingis is better...then again im very partial to brunettes!

bigbadboss101

Awards
Anna is not bad, the hair is too long.  There are other female tennis players that I better.  At the gym that I go to, or the tanning salon, there are some nice gals.

deaconbill

Awards
I was a gymnast in high school and we caught alot of flack from the footballers and wrestlers that thought they were the only true athletes.  Funny how the gymnasts could outbench any of the footballers.  And just think, we got to spot the good lookin female gymnasts in their tights.  Sometimes life is fair.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Same reason gymnasts are so strong, intensity in the workout, but they only are strong to lift their own weigh. Besides this girls are as light as a straw.