Official Vertical and Broad Jump #'s today...

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well as you guys might or might not know I rolled my ankle about 4 weeks back and havent been doing legs or any kind of running. But as of last week I just started jogging on it with the aide of a very strong ankle brace. It kind of sucked because we had performance and speed testing this week and I was only able to do my broad and vertical jumps (against doctors orders). I jumped with the ankle brace on and remember I haven't done legs in a month and atrophy has definitely set in.

I jumped 35.5" on my vertical and 116" on my broad jump. Not bad for having a swollen ankle :-D. The other two walk on corners jumped 32 and 32 :).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
35 - damn! Impressive for a white kid.

You moved up in the depth chart after Cromartie went down? Or has Booby not posted it officially?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Nice vert!

Do you feel you coulda got an extra inch or two w/out a swolled ankle? Or did you muster up all ya got?

How much you weighing these days big guy? And how tall again?

I remember I use to almost dunk (after three weeks of practice :D I got to where my palm was hitting the rim and I couldn't quite keep the ball in my hands...it would bounce off the back part of the rim) at 5'10.5", so I figure my vert was probably okay...Now its probably 16" :(

captain chet

Awards
Im about 6'0.5'' and i can dunk maybe every 3rd attempt if im warmed up. I gotta work on my vertical. I long jumped my personal best this year of 23'2.75'' and was voted first team all NE-10 in the long jump. Working on my strength this summer and hoping to break 24 next spring season and rip it up at nationals!

ps - sorry for being totally of topic, had my first EC tab and im wired at work.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Nice vert!

Do you feel you coulda got an extra inch or two w/out a swolled ankle? Or did you muster up all ya got?

How much you weighing these days big guy? And how tall again?

I remember I use to almost dunk (after three weeks of practice :D I got to where my palm was hitting the rim and I couldn't quite keep the ball in my hands...it would bounce off the back part of the rim) at 5'10.5", so I figure my vert was probably okay...Now its probably 16" :(
Heh. I can still dunk. It's kind of funny seeing a big white guy dunking. Must be the long arms. :D

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
No I definitely could have gotten higher! That was the amazing part! Because our highest vertical was 39.5" officially. I beat pretty much all the corners minus 1 or 2 (and there are quite a few) and they only beat me by .5" so its not like it was that big of a deal, they were taller than me too so they have springier legs. I am 5'10", average size for a corner these days. I want to hit about 38". I know I can do it. I will prove it by next spring ;).

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fuckin aye Lake, that smashes my all-time high of 17 inches. I hope we can get to see you on TV this year.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Actually some VERY bad news came in today about my ankle injury. I will have more news within the week. Could possibly cost me my season.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man, that sucks. I hope you can make it on the field on Labor Day.

If you are out, just adds to the depth issues in the secondary at FSU this season.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Man, that sucks. I hope you can make it on the field on Labor Day.

If you are out, just adds to the depth issues in the secondary at FSU this season.

Yeah although it absolutely amazes me how crappy walk-ons get treated these days. I am running faster, jumping higher, and lifting more than most of the corners out there and they are very very very unwilling to help. I watch film session on my own and cant even get a grad assistant or assistant coach to go in there and help me break it down, etc. But if a freshman scholarship athlete goes in there they will bring the house in to help him. I will know this week what the deal is with everything and I will keep you in the loop.

Pray for me guys!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I feel ya man. That sucks. But, the situation with the scholly kids is the nature of the beast in big-time D1A football. Gotta pay your dues man.

Just keep working harder than the rest of 'em. You'll make it on to the field. I know it. It sounds like you've got the ability.

Another thing - you are white playing a traditionally black position. Just a fact, not racist. When something like that happens (could be a black kid playing a white kid position - like QB), you've got to work harder to get a look from the coaches as they aren't expecting it.

Good luck with it man. I know yall need some help, can't believe they ain't giving you a shot.

By per chance, did you go to the paint ball game they had? I read that somewhere else. Or was that only for scholly players?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
By per chance, did you go to the paint ball game they had? I read that somewhere else. Or was that only for scholly players?
Haha yeah definitely went to that. I couldn't go when all the db's and receivers and such went cause of my ankle but i went the following week with all the lineman and ****, all the better ;). Little did they know, not only was I in the military but I used to play paintball semi-pro haha.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sucks to hear you're hurt Lake, I hope you have a fast recovery. BTW, if you're not getting a fair shake at CB than you may want to try your luck as WR or safety.