anyone drive a chrysler 300?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Thinking about getting one. I figure the HEMI only gets 2mpg less than the 240hp, so why not go with that.

Any of you guys drive one? What has been your overall experience with it?

TheOMEGA

Board Supporter
Awards
I am a BMW gut myself, but will get one of one of the new Ford Broncos one day

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, who doesn't own a Chrysler 300. That or the new mustang. Too played out.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Bah...

Anything you get will be played out by the end of the model year anyway. I really think they are quite striking pieces of machinery.

TheOMEGA

Board Supporter
Awards
just checked it out it looks great, but if alot of people do own it then it would be "played out"

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
It's nothing but a Bentley knockoff. Get the Bentley, 552 hp, 12 cylinders.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Good for you. Which one do you think is going to attact the ladies?:D

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
After spending the past week squeezing my hands into what little room there is under the hood of my jeep, I'm pretty pissed at the whole chrysler/jeep experience at the moment. I know this isnt what you asked, but I literally just finnished 10 minutes ago. I hate manufacturers who purposely fix it so that the owner can't do the work themselves. I miss my Bronco.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I'd be looking at hybrids, considering where the price of gas is headed.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
It's nothing but a Bentley knockoff. Get the Bentley, 552 hp, 12 cylinders.
I might need to sell a bit more supplements....

Actually, if I was a billionaire, I could never spend that much on a car. I just cannot fathom it.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I'd be looking at hybrids, considering where the price of gas is headed.
Aye. Not a bad idea but I have heard matience and the imperfect technology winds up costing more than the gas would.

Cool thing about the new 300C is that at cruising speed half the engine shuts down, greatly improving gas mileage considering how much power is there...supposed to get up to 30mpg on the highway.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
I might need to sell a bit more supplements....
I was gonna say the same thing!! I think it looks sweet, like you said once you put
it on cruise control is shuts off 4 cylinders. They come will decent chrome wheels but
a new set of 20s will make it really set off. I think you get BMW, MERCADES look for dodge/chrysler
price. But im a truck man and will always be one at 6'6-7ft but i wouldnt mind driving the wifies 300

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Custom, one thing to watch out for with Chrysler/Dodge is their resale value. If you arent thinking of keeping it for a long time I don't think they're worth it. Chrysler is notorious for losing value quickly.

However if you don't care I think they are pretty sharp myself! :D

Brooklyn

Awards
I drove one on a business trip. Not the Hemi model, but still pretty nice. I usually prefer GM cars though, late 1990's Vettes, Camaro SS', Trans Am's. Compared to a 1996 Trans Am though, the 300's pickup was not bad, and a nice smooth ride too. Makes you feel a little classy, kind of like it's a Chrysler Caddy. I'm sure the Hemi version is smokin'.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the actually have the highest rating right now for resale, but I am sure that will plummit in the next 2-3 years.

I dunno...I am such a tightwad I really dont want to buy anything at all, but I think what I have now is going to start costing me more money in various little repairs than it is worth.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the actually have the highest rating right now for resale, but I am sure that will plummit in the next 2-3 years.

I dunno...I am such a tightwad I really dont want to buy anything at all, but I think what I have now is going to start costing me more money in various little repairs than it is worth.
I fully understand that problem!

:kicksthebeater: :D

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Good for you. Which one do you think is going to attact the ladies?:D
mine. I'd say it looks just as good, still a nice black sedan with I think a prettier grille and a sleeker look. I'll try to post a pic in a sec.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what about an acura TL? those are nice...

stalemate

Awards
what about an acura TL? those are nice...
super ditto to that. and i'm positive that the maxima would attract more ladies, not that either one is really gonna be a mad lady killer lol. hemis are about the biggest mistake of a motor ever. don't buy into the hype. horrible design. i'd get an '04ish Nissan Altima or Maxima for a sporty QUALITY(the key here), comfortable 4 door. both have plenty of power, are NOT pigs of 4 doors, have good sized rims, handle amazingly for 4 doors. hold their value better and are definately more reliable. but that pretty much goes for MOST all imports over GM.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thinking about getting one. I figure the HEMI only gets 2mpg less than the 240hp, so why not go with that.

Any of you guys drive one? What has been your overall experience with it?
Hi. I'm a car nut. I test drove the 300 Limited. Extremely nice vehicle. Very roomy. Excellent, soft ride but good handling. Excellent power. You need to test drive one.. What other vehicles are on your list?

nemuriko

Awards
Hey custom did you get that 300 yet? Very nice car. Check out the SRT8 models of the 300 and the Charger. More horse power and better wheels and trim, 6.1L. Hemi. Very nice cars, have been driveing them for a while now. Let me know if you are serious, Custom.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Chrysler/picture/2006-chrysler-300c-srt8-preview/773/4
http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/charger_srt8/
Hi. I'm a car nut. I test drove the 300 Limited. Extremely nice vehicle. Very roomy. Excellent, soft ride but good handling. Excellent power. You need to test drive one.. What other vehicles are on your list?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
super ditto to that. and i'm positive that the maxima would attract more ladies, not that either one is really gonna be a mad lady killer lol. hemis are about the biggest mistake of a motor ever. don't buy into the hype. horrible design. i'd get an '04ish Nissan Altima or Maxima for a sporty QUALITY(the key here), comfortable 4 door. both have plenty of power, are NOT pigs of 4 doors, have good sized rims, handle amazingly for 4 doors. hold their value better and are definately more reliable. but that pretty much goes for MOST all imports over GM.
I agree here. I WILL NEVER buy domestic again. Foreign is the way to go whether you guys think so or not. Better quality, better resale value, and better design.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Well, I test drove the Hemi...wow. it has some unreal power. I passed someone on the highway and was doing 95 without even knowing it. NOw granted I have been driving a 1997 Chevy S-10 4 cylinder since early '99, so most anything I drive is going to be a uge step up.

However, the longevity of Chrysler/Dodge does scare me a bit, even though much of the 300C is built on Mercedes parts with Mercedes technology. STill, I am undecided right now on what to get.

I still think they are beautiful cars regardless, ecspecially when you slap one of the mesh grilles on it.

I have heard very good things about the Acura TL...I might have to go take one for a spin.

stalemate

Awards
Well, I test drove the Hemi...wow. it has some unreal power. I passed someone on the highway and was doing 95 without even knowing it. NOw granted I have been driving a 1997 Chevy S-10 4 cylinder since early '99, so most anything I drive is going to be a uge step up.

However, the longevity of Chrysler/Dodge does scare me a bit, even though much of the 300C is built on Mercedes parts with Mercedes technology. STill, I am undecided right now on what to get.

I still think they are beautiful cars regardless, ecspecially when you slap one of the mesh grilles on it.

I have heard very good things about the Acura TL...I might have to go take one for a spin.
do take a TL for a spin. while you're at it, drive a maxima or altima(nissan), pick one off of looks and drive it or drive both, you won't be disappointed. definately be open minded. don't rush into buying something new. oh and by the way, Mercedes is as american as the hot dog.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
However, the longevity of Chrysler/Dodge does scare me a bit, even though much of the 300C is built on Mercedes parts with Mercedes technology.
Don't consider just the longetivity of the body, but also the engine.

If you go with the HEMI you need to know that based on its design, inherently it will not last as long as a flat pistoned engine. I doubt you'll be seeing a lot of the HEMI's on the road today 100k miles later. They simply just don't last as long. That's one of the trade-offs for more power.

BP

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Id check out the TL bro - the new 6-speed looks killer. You'll get good gas mileage, have ample power AND the car should last a good while. It is a Honda, afterall. They have their issues, but much less than most other manufacturers.

You might also want to check out a Lexus GS400 - now that car is the ****. 300HP, Indy-style shifters on the steering wheel, looks nice, ~25ish MPG on the highway, and the best reliability ratings in its class.

BV

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Now if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for quality engineering Toyota and Honda are great choices also. I worked for Toyota for a few months and their engineering is second to none.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Aye...a Corrolla is starting to look pretty good when estimating yearly gas costs.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Aye...a Corrolla is starting to look pretty good when estimating yearly gas costs.
That's a good car there. Better than a Civic and looks better too (IMO). I used to own a Civic and I've driven several Corolla's BTW.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
My kid brother drives a 2002 Chevy Prizm (a Toyota Corolla, basically), and its a really solid car.

I just bought a 1995 Honda Accord...Ive only had it a day but I can tell you that car is rock solid. Averaged ~34 MPG on the way home...that's over 450miles per tank. My girlfriend's 1990 Accord with 170kmi gets the same kind of milage.

Horsepower is great, but with gas prices headed to over $3.00 per gallon soon, I'd rather drive a 4-cylinder any day.

BV

nemuriko

Awards
I had the SRT8 Charger going 165mph at work, the speedo said 180 and it felt like it could do that. I haven't gone that fast in the SRT8 300 yet but it is just as fast. They are very nice cars, even the 3.5 v-6 gets up and goes pretty good in the 300, it will reach fuel shut off fully loaded at gvw, (gross vehicle weight), which is about 112mph. I wouldn't worry about resale value I think these will hold their value unlike previous chrysler models. As far as durability there are no problems long term. We beat the **** out of these cars at work 24/7 for several thousand miles which represents many, many thousands of miles in real world driving, the engines hold up good.

Hey custom if you decide by the end of July maybe I can help you out on that 300. No pressure though.