OK, how many other people hate Jared of Subway?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ever since seeing this guy in Supersize Me (which I think is highly exagerated, BTW), this guy is just starting to get annoying. I mean, this guy's entire claim to fame is losing a few hundred pounds, and attributing it to Subway, which is of course completely rediculous. I guess I should be mad at Subway for ruthlessly pimping this marketing scheme for the last several years, but he's just as guilty. Plus, he just has that kind of face and voice that I want to knock out! :rant:

For those that haven't seen Supersize me, Jared is basically giving a subway sponsored diet lecture at a school or convention center or something, and when after the show an obese young girl asks for honest diet advice, she is convinced that her situation is hopeless because she cannot afford Jared's advice of eating a 100% subway diet (the "only" way to do it, of course).

Anyone else just want to clobber this guy? :b

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'll punch him once, where does he live?:D

He gets paid to tell people what he was told, if somebody really thinks the "Subway diet" is the only way (if it's a way:rolleyes: ) then they are idiots and it's their problems. I love Subway, btw.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I say more power to him. He is making some $$$ on a gimmic....the American way.

BUT.....I see why he is annoying to you. Eating at subway and lose weight is total BULLSHIT!! He makes it sound as if a sub sandwich is a fat burner. I hear people at work talk about that and I want to punch THEM. You don't hear anything about how he used to eat at McD's everyday and sit on his fat ass eating Bon-Bons in front of the TV and then decided to start working out one day....oh yeah.....and eat a sub sandwich everyday. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'd like to see his before and after caloric expenditure and intake prior to the Subway gimic.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who really cares?. Anyone stupid enough to believe that marketing bullshit gimic is a retard. Be happy for him, he is making money after losing all that fat. I'm sure Subway pays him a lot better then the "Sandwhich Artists". I'm really getting sick of seeing those damn commericials though!. They make me want to eat a cheeseburger!. Not any fast food crap though. They just make me want to stay away from Subway personally!.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
He looked better when he was fat.....now he just looks like a pussy w/ man boobs...lol.

Brooklyn

Awards
Jared is a perfect example of how severely cutting calories can affect someone who has previously had little to no physcial activity and a horrible diet. He lost all that weight due to increased exercise and decreased intake. It has little to do with it being Subway. In fact, if you've noticed his weight tends to fluctuate greatly from commercial to commercial. Some ads they've had to have him wear baggier clothing or frame him a certain way to make him look thinner. I firmly believe that this is because Subway sandwiches, despite some of them being low in fat, are filled with all the things that don't belong in your diet. Would you like me to post the ingredient list for their "Chicken breast patty" alone? Here goes.

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch & tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate & disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphate. May contain: soy sauce powder [fermented soybeans, wheat, salt], lemon juice solids, dextrin, natural flavors [including smoke flavor], flavor [from partially hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oil], partially hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, citric acid, caramel color, vinegar solids), modified food starch, dextrose, caramel color. Contains soy and wheat.

Ok, what the heck is that? Where is the frickin' chicken? Shall I dissect the 36 or so ingredients in that "chicken patty"?

maltodextrin - white powder filler used as a low glycemic sweetener, extracted from corn, contains low amounts of free glutamate by process

"chicken type flavor" - ok, you tell me how the following remind you of chicken:

* hydrolyzed corn gluten - extract of corn, superheated to improve digestibility, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
* autolyzed yeast extract - modified yeast, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
* disodium inosinate/disodium guanylate - flavor enhancers which work synergistically with MSG/free glutamic acid, not cost effective except where MSG-like substances are present

So a bunch of corn and yeast with synthetic flavor enhancers tastes like chicken?

soy sauce - extracted from fermented soy and wheat, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
hydrolyzed soy protein - extract of soy, superheated to improve digestibility, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
modified food starch - food starch (usually corn starch) chemically restructured for various specific industrial food preparation purposes, a thickener and flavor enhancer, typically contains medium amounts of free glutamate by process
smoke flavor - artifical flavoring, typically created through process that releases some free glutamate

Now you understand why a Subway chicken patty (and any typical fast food "chicken product") does not resemble the properties of actual chicken. It's all filler. Worse, the fillers and artificial "flavor enhancers" used all have in common one thing: They all are known to contain varying amounts of free glutamate, the "G" in MSG, which has been linked to numerous disorders and is currently the subject of research as a causative factor in such neurological conditions as Alzheimer's. MSG fools your taste buds into thinking something tastes better than it actually does. Hypothesis: The human body is not made to digest complex artificial chemical structures such as those in modified foods such as these. Therefore, the best theory is that most of the ingredients are indigestible, and are thus excreted through the intestines, or absorbed, turned into fat and who knows what other damaging substances in the body.

Even if you disagree with my above hypothesis, I think it becomes obvious by the length of the ingredient list that it's better to get some fresh chicken breast (not the brands "enhanced by up to a 15% solution" either) and fire up the Foreman grill. I bet even Jared could go for some real food by now.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Jared is a perfect example of how severely cutting calories can affect someone who has previously had little to no physcial activity and a horrible diet. He lost all that weight due to increased exercise and decreased intake. It has little to do with it being Subway. In fact, if you've noticed his weight tends to fluctuate greatly from commercial to commercial. Some ads they've had to have him wear baggier clothing or frame him a certain way to make him look thinner. I firmly believe that this is because Subway sandwiches, despite some of them being low in fat, are filled with all the things that don't belong in your diet. Would you like me to post the ingredient list for their "Chicken breast patty" alone? Here goes.

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch & tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate & disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphate. May contain: soy sauce powder [fermented soybeans, wheat, salt], lemon juice solids, dextrin, natural flavors [including smoke flavor], flavor [from partially hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oil], partially hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, citric acid, caramel color, vinegar solids), modified food starch, dextrose, caramel color. Contains soy and wheat.

Ok, what the heck is that? Where is the frickin' chicken? Shall I dissect the 36 or so ingredients in that "chicken patty"?

maltodextrin - white powder filler used as a low glycemic sweetener, extracted from corn, contains low amounts of free glutamate by process

"chicken type flavor" - ok, you tell me how the following remind you of chicken:

* hydrolyzed corn gluten - extract of corn, superheated to improve digestibility, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
* autolyzed yeast extract - modified yeast, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
* disodium inosinate/disodium guanylate - flavor enhancers which work synergistically with MSG/free glutamic acid, not cost effective except where MSG-like substances are present

So a bunch of corn and yeast with synthetic flavor enhancers tastes like chicken?

soy sauce - extracted from fermented soy and wheat, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
hydrolyzed soy protein - extract of soy, superheated to improve digestibility, contains varying amounts of free glutamate by process
modified food starch - food starch (usually corn starch) chemically restructured for various specific industrial food preparation purposes, a thickener and flavor enhancer, typically contains medium amounts of free glutamate by process
smoke flavor - artifical flavoring, typically created through process that releases some free glutamate

Now you understand why a Subway chicken patty (and any typical fast food "chicken product") does not resemble the properties of actual chicken. It's all filler. Worse, the fillers and artificial "flavor enhancers" used all have in common one thing: They all are known to contain varying amounts of free glutamate, the "G" in MSG, which has been linked to numerous disorders and is currently the subject of research as a causative factor in such neurological conditions as Alzheimer's. MSG fools your taste buds into thinking something tastes better than it actually does. Hypothesis: The human body is not made to digest complex artificial chemical structures such as those in modified foods such as these. Therefore, the best theory is that most of the ingredients are indigestible, and are thus excreted through the intestines, or absorbed, turned into fat and who knows what other damaging substances in the body.

Even if you disagree with my above hypothesis, I think it becomes obvious by the length of the ingredient list that it's better to get some fresh chicken breast (not the brands "enhanced by up to a 15% solution" either) and fire up the Foreman grill. I bet even Jared could go for some real food by now.
MMM, sounds good to me. If anyone knows anything about MRE's this sounds awfully familiar to the chicken breast patty MRE. Great...if you're in the field! Subway sucks ass. And I doubt Jared cares. I think Subway has hooked him up with free subs for life from what I understand.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Me too. He doesn't look healthy to me and Subway is not the best thing in the world to eat day in and day out.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he's annoying as hell and I saw what he said in Supersize me and it made me sick. I understand he's making a buck but come on.

Speaking of his manboobs did anyone ever see the bowflex ( i think) commercial where the guy basically says "you can lose weight by eating fast food subs but then you don't see that guy with his shirt off" how F$##$ true is that Shiat!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he's annoying as hell and I saw what he said in Supersize me and it made me sick. I understand he's making a buck but come on.

Speaking of his manboobs did anyone ever see the bowflex ( i think) commercial where the guy basically says "you can lose weight by eating fast food subs but then you don't see that guy with his shirt off" how F$##$ true is that Shiat!
hahaha...yeah I saw the before...lol. Bowflex still suck ass though....just not as much as subway. :D

Brooklyn

Awards
Maybe Jared should get some Raloxifene or Rebound XT for his problem. That guy is a pile of flab. I can see the thread now, "I got gyno from Subway"

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
I didn't know he was in that, I thought it was only about that guy who mcdonalds for a month straight. Maybe I'll have to watch it now.

BTW, I'd love to see Jared get knocked out, but then again, I'd rather have the money he's making.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't know he was in that, I thought it was only about that guy who mcdonalds for a month straight. Maybe I'll have to watch it now.

BTW, I'd love to see Jared get knocked out, but then again, I'd rather have the money he's making.
As I remember, only about half the movie was about his Mcdonalds diet (he wouldn't have done so bad had he used a little more common diet sense on this one), but the other half was full of interesting fast food trivia and facts. I think anyone with an interest in nutrition should see it. Of course being educated in these things we can pick out the exagerated BS when watching as well, lol.

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
Very interesting, now I want to watch it. I just thought it was the guy going through his daily routine eating mcd's. I think everyone should have to watch something like that, regardless if you know about nutrition or not.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Did you guys see hte part about the chicken Mcnuggets? They basically put the whole chicken in a grinder and it turns it into this gristle ****...eww...after that they bread it and then ship it off.....soooooo nazty. I won't eat Mickey D's ever again after watching that. whenever I go out and eat fast-food which is rare btw, I normally go to Wnedy's and get a grilled chicken salad w/ ranch dressing...those are pretty good IMO.

Ibanez

Awards
True, subway is ****.

I think even some shitty restaurants use fake chicken. It sucks that you can't even get real food anymore. It is all processed to hell and back.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
True, subway is ****.

I think even some shitty restaurants use fake chicken. It sucks that you can't even get real food anymore. It is all processed to hell and back.
It's cheaper to make that way. At the same time prices rise, thus the profit margin is increased that much more. Anything for a profit huh. The fast food industry is filled with scumbags.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha...yeah I saw the before...lol. Bowflex still suck ass though....just not as much as subway. :D
How do you figure Bowflex sucks ass?. Its still resistance exercise, and you can't really cheat using it. You have to use perfect form, no need for a spotter either. I do prefer going to the gym, but Bowflex is a great machine.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
How do you figure Bowflex sucks ass?. Its still resistance exercise, and you can't really cheat using it. You have to use perfect form, no need for a spotter either. I do prefer going to the gym, but Bowflex is a great machine.
What do you sell 'em or something?:lol:

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
yeah **** that dorky lookin prick! id like to beat him with a frozen foot long meatball sub! ha ha ha ha. its nice he lost all that whight but he is def sending the wrong signal by saying subway did it for him.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
lol, I've used bowflex before....the bows are all cheaply made and the thing gets "jerky" after awhile....no more smooth motion....they're cheaply made, overpriced pieces of garbage. You can do so much better for the same price and buy a regular olympic free weight system.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, I've used bowflex before....the bows are all cheaply made and the thing gets "jerky" after awhile....no more smooth motion....they're cheaply made, overpriced pieces of garbage. You can do so much better for the same price and buy a regular olympic free weight system.
Yeah I agree its way overpriced. I just wouldn't say it "sucks ass!".

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
jeez he was even on the radio in the UK last night promoting 'The Subway Diet'....

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I agree that Subway food is not the best choice in the world; or even good for you, processed, nitrate laden, etc.

However, when you consider that most people in this country (US) eat McDonalds, Pizza Hut, chinese food, etc. day-in-and-day-out, then Subway most often cetainly makes a better choice. Basically, like Bowflex, I'm glad there are 'healthier' options for people who don't know enough to know what to 'really' do... but yet have an interest in getting healthy, etc.

Oh, and BTW -- I never cared for Jared or the Subway commercials in the least until I saw the 'Senate commitee' ad where they question Jared about his 'significant changes' to his body and if he used any 'substances.' Of course, he said, 'Yes.' And then referred to Subway sandwiches. The whole thing seemed to me to make fun of the proceedings, which were ridiculously conducted by people asking questions who needed more info before going in. Anyway, that's one mark in the good column for Subway and Jared. LOL.

Brooklyn

Awards
whenever I go out and eat fast-food which is rare btw, I normally go to Wnedy's and get a grilled chicken salad w/ ranch dressing...those are pretty good IMO.
Hate to break it to you.. but that ain't chicken either.

Wendy's Diced Chicken:

Chicken breast with Rib Meat, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Natural and Artifical Flavoring [Wheat Flour, Egg, Soybean], Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Sugar, Fructose, Onion, Disodium Guanylate and Inosinate [flavor enhancers]), Corn Starch Modified, Soy Protein Concentrate, Sodium Phosphates (stabilizers), Fructose.

...to say little of what's in the Ranch dressing. I challenge anyone to find a single fast food "chicken" product which is just made of chicken. I bet you can't. Wendy's hamburgers, for the record, are simply ground beef and salt.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hate to break it to you.. but that ain't chicken either.

Wendy's Diced Chicken:

Chicken breast with Rib Meat, Water, Seasoning (Salt, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Natural and Artifical Flavoring [Wheat Flour, Egg, Soybean], Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Sugar, Fructose, Onion, Disodium Guanylate and Inosinate [flavor enhancers]), Corn Starch Modified, Soy Protein Concentrate, Sodium Phosphates (stabilizers), Fructose.

...to say little of what's in the Ranch dressing. I challenge anyone to find a single fast food "chicken" product which is just made of chicken. I bet you can't. Wendy's hamburgers, for the record, are simply ground beef and salt.
I never said it was, I just like the taste...and it's still healthier than most fastfood items....unless the salad part is also synthetic...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The only reason people lose weight by eating Subway is because they're cheap as fucking hell with the meat and toppings. One time I went and the guy laid two slices of turkey end to end on my sandwich. I'm not a big fan of eating like ****, but my opinion is if you're going to eat unhealthy do it right. Get a 3/4 pound grilled angus jalapeno burger or something. Hell, throw in a whole wheat bun and skip the fries and have a baked yam instead and it's not even that bad of a meal.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
"atkins" was starting to really cut into the bread related industry, so they had to come back with something. as insulting as this dietary bs is to us, the masses don't know much better i guess. i can't eat that chemical soaked moulded meat product anymore myself.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
...mmm i love mcdonalds and subway :) i don't care what they are made of .. to me .. they are made of pure DELICIOUSNESS :)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
this is one of the funniest thread topics i've seen in a while. i feel you bros!
Sage

SeaHawk22

Awards
Its odd how so many people on this board share the same views as I. I was just telling my wife yesterday, how I hate Jarred and how he treated that poor young girl trying to fight her obesity problem.

He comes off in such a belittling way. Its like he is thinking

:box: "I am so fucking great, subway is so fucking great, everyone can suck my dick, because I ate two subways a day."

Sign this petition to have him removed!
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Jared

**** JARED! lol

SeaHawk22

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Ever see the SNL skit..... "They went back to the sub-shack" and shows all of them in fat-suits after gaining back all the weight....was funny....

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jared is a twat.

He went to my University a year ago for this promotion the state of Iowa was running to curb obesity. His speech was about 40 minutes of repeating himself consisting of: how life was tough for him, how he'd never go back to being fat, and how people treat him now. He then decided to take questions. Probably his biggest mistake, he was asked why he says Subway is good when there are better foods, how Subway isn't that great of a diet plan, and why he didn't incorporate weight training. Most people asking were ripped and some claimed to make transformations from fat to fit also. He became agitated with these questions and after a few like what I mentioned, he started to refuse to answer questions unless it was someone singing praises about how great he is and what them or their friend/relative can do to lose weight.

At the end, he was getting angry because almost nobody wanted to stroke his ego. When someone asked why he was never shown without a shirt, he said that he wasn't being appreciated and left.

The next day, he was wandering about campus, not even near anyplace where guests may be staying or would stay. He was wandering around to meet and get pictures taken with students. I saw him three times that day, usually talking with different fat people.