Show someone that you love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Unbreakable

Show someone that you love them.

These two girls are my daughters. My oldest one took and sent these pictures to me. The two of them, seperately, at times, can make my life quite a challenge. This is now my new wallpaper.

So, show someone that you love them. It will make you and them feel a whole lot better. It may even make someone watching feel good as well. It sure has made my day.

"If you want love...give a little"

I love you man.
    (it's been one of those days)
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is a terminal condition.

2. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    These two girls are my daughters. My oldest one took and sent these pictures to me. The two of them, seperately, at times, can make my life quite a challenge. This is now my new wallpaper.

So, show someone that you love them. It will make you and them feel a whole lot better. It may even make someone watching feel good as well. It sure has made my day.

"If you want love...give a little"

I love you man.
    (it's been one of those days)
    Brian
    Your a lucky man B.
    •   

3. Unbreakable

Love Comes Walking In

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Your a lucky man B.
    Thanks LCSULLA! It was one of those day where, this sucks, and that sucks, and is THIS my life...why do I bother trying. Then you reminded me of a line in a favorite Van Halen song called "One I Want": "A luckyman don't always know who they are".

Thanks for the love...and back at you.

4. thanks B. This has been a tough day for me, and your message is very good!

5. You know how I feel B.......those are a couple of cuties for sure!! When you're happy......we're ALL happy

6. Very cool B. Getting pictures like that from your family makes all the day's pain go away.
  7. Unbreakable

Thanks for sharing and caring fellas. They sure do make it seem worth the effort to endure through the trials. It just really bothers me sometimes that it seems the trials that I travail(sp) still lead to mediocroty...just getting by from week to week and check to check. Basically every fourth paycheck -- I never see -- and I make quite decent money. Health insurance, child support (though my X is very gracious), two sets of braces... The oldest one is getting ready to be a senior in HS this fall with college just around the corner.

I guess I could be less critical of myself and recognizer my achievments. After all I am able to attain and sustain those said items above. It says something...I guess. I could do less for sure.

Steve...pictures will be captured this weekend. The board calander has me scheduled for some family fun in the sun and hopefully some R&R for the old man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Thanks for sharing and caring fellas. They sure do make it seem worth the effort to endure through the trials. It just really bothers me sometimes that it seems the trials that I travail(sp) still lead to mediocroty...just getting by from week to week and check to check. Basically every fourth paycheck -- I never see -- and I make quite decent money. Health insurance, child support (though my X is very gracious), two sets of braces... The oldest one is getting ready to be a senior in HS this fall with college just around the corner.

I guess I could be less critical of myself and recognizer my achievments. After all I am able to attain and sustain those said items above. It says something...I guess. I could do less for sure.

Steve...pictures will be captured this weekend. The board calander has me scheduled for some family fun in the sun and hopefully some R&R for the old man.
    Cute kids. Think on your situation this way: familiarity breeds contempt, and that's no less true than with yourself. Good looking women often don't recognize they are so, because they've been seeing the same face int he mirror their entire lives. It's often much easier to see your own faults and problems than the goods things about yourself and in your life. Trust me on this, when I was a bit younger I took looking at the negative to the furthest extreme possible. Especially recently, I've been through some **** that could have made it easy to turn negative on myself. Mediocrity by your standards is probably better than what 90% of the world achieves, so I wouldn't worry. You've got people who love you and depend on you, and you're doing the right thing by them. You've got drive, discipline and seem like a decent guy. Learn to tell the world and all its stress to go **** itself occasionally. Life is good, and appealing as massive 'success' seems a lot of the time, there's a lot to say for contentment and security. Being positive and happy is a choice, not always the easiest one, but you have to make the choice anyway so you might as well go for the good option, because the other options accomplish nothing worthwhile in the end.

9. Quote Originally Posted by B5150

ooooooo....I'm getting giddy inside.

BTW....very impressive that you use the board calendar. That is a lovely resort and you definitely deserve it. Have a great time my man!!!
  10. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    It's often much easier to see your own faults and problems than the goods things about yourself and in your life.
    I come equiped with this continuous improvement mentality that can be a bit overly critical of itself at times.
    Mediocrity by your standards is probably better than what 90% of the world achieves, so I wouldn't worry.
    The issue is it takes >125% effort. The return is diminished considerably.
    You've got people who love you and depend on you, and you're doing the right thing by them. You've got drive, discipline and seem like a decent guy.
    Thank you...I am and I do.
    Learn to tell the world and all its stress to go **** itself occasionally.
    Problem is I have the desire at time sto help them implement some of my ideas at doing so. Or at least communicate it.
    Life is good, and appealing as massive 'success' seems a lot of the time, there's a lot to say for contentment and security.
    I live a modest and humble lifestyle well within my means. Again it is the issue of investment and return...I'm always on the verge of being in the red, whether it be time or money.
    Being positive and happy is a choice, not always the easiest one, but you have to make the choice anyway so you might as well go for the good option, because the other options accomplish nothing worthwhile in the end.
    Truth.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Again it is the issue of investment and return...I'm always on the verge of being in the red, whether it be time or money.
    Same here, and same with a lot of people. Everyone I know right now in my age bracket especially, and quite a few who are older, are living hand to mouth. Part of it is the ridiculous cost of living where I am. Other reasons I'd bitch about, but I'll save that for the Politics forum. All I can say is what I've learned, and that is if something is bothering you, hard as it might be, wok to change it. Find a doable solution and go balls to the wall to achieve it. Everytime something's bothering me or something goes terribly wrong in my life, I try and change something that I'm not happy with. Usually turns out I was sufferring needlessly on some level. I realize my situation is a bit different as I don't have kids depending on me, but I do have a near invalid mother who depends on me for supplemental income. Thank Christ she has her own insurance.

12. It just really bothers me sometimes that it seems the trials that I travail(sp) still lead to mediocroty....
    To have two daughters that love you is not mediocroty, my friend. The exmple of love and endurance and perserverance that you have shown and are shwoing them will indeed shape the way they view all men in their life. Rejoice in that you are their father and to them you are great.

I live a modest and humble lifestyle well within my means. Again it is the issue of investment and return...I'm always on the verge of being in the red, whether it be time or money.
    I hear you, B. Just try to remeber and remind yourself you have invested in and are fully vested in something that cannot be shaken. There will be a time when you see your investment pay dividends in the lives of your daughters if not everyday in some small way...we just have to keep our eyes open. And your real treasure is not here; is being stored up for you in abundance. You know what I mean.
  13. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by custom
    To have two daughters that love you is not mediocroty, my friend. The exmple of love and endurance and perserverance that you have shown and are shwoing them will indeed shape the way they view all men in their life. Rejoice in that you are their father and to them you are great.
    I pray that grace is sufficient to cover the times when the act of enduring and perservering takes its toll on me and my character is unbecoming. This too I am overly critical of, as I should reflect grace under pressure a couple/few more times than I do. At times I would trade the high pressure aerospace job I have, and all the compensations, for a position as a Wal-Mart Greeter, and the reduced compensations, just to reduce those times of shortcoming. But then again I would not be the able provider that I am able to be would I

Here is where --> vacation <-- fits in.

I hear you, B. Just try to remeber and remind yourself you have invested in and are fully vested in something that cannot be shaken. There will be a time when you see your investment pay dividends in the lives of your daughters if not everyday in some small way...we just have to keep our eyes open. And your real treasure is not here; is being stored up for you in abundance. You know what I mean.
    Loud and clear and fully vested

14. B I made a choice a long time ago... Kids or Money.. money will buy nice things but Kids give so much more back...

I/We are so crazy that we have taken custody of a 2 YO old girl.. that unbalances the system now 4 girls-3 boys...

But if you saw her there is no way anyone could turn away such joy....

P.S. Beautiful children my friend!

15. Looks like you are a great father Brian. Your children wouldn't show that affection unless they loved you. Congrats and enojoy you relationship with your children.

16. Quote Originally Posted by custom
    I pray that grace is sufficient to cover the times when the act of enduring and perservering takes its toll on me and my character is unbecoming. This too I am overly critical of, as I should reflect grace under pressure a couple/few more times than I do. At times I would trade the high pressure aerospace job I have, and all the compensations, for a position as a Wal-Mart Greeter, and the reduced compensations, just to reduce those times of shortcoming. But then again I would not be the able provider that I am able to be would I
    OK, and think about it like this too... my earthly father is an incredible man. His actions speak volumes to me. So much so that he could do no wrong. It's only been tha last few years that I've come to terms and realized that yet indeed he is only human, but that's kinda besides tha point. It is through his character that my relationship with tha Lord has blossomed. I see tha Lord in a much similar light and I feel sorry for those who never had a Dad who gived a ****. No wonder their 'ideas' are way off base. They haven't known any better...

You are an inspiration to me Brian, and I probably don't tell you enough my friend... but that STILL doesn't leave you off tha hook regarding your homework assignments

17. Does everyone feel the love now? Good....now go vote for B in teh member of the month thread

At times I would trade the high pressure aerospace job I have, and all the compensations, for a position as a Wal-Mart Greeter, and the reduced compensations, just to reduce those times of shortcoming. But then again I would not be the able provider that I am able to be would I
    No way....you know you love the corporate world with a raging passion (emphasis on raging). Just watch the movie "Office Space". That'll spark some new inspiration in ya

I could just see you at Wal-mart. All whacked out on DHT in the middle of obesity waiting for the second hand to make it all the way around the clock each minute so that you can go workout. All the while thinking that you are ingesting transfat by proxy from fumes of the in-store popcorn and burger joint......I just don't see that working out for you B
  18. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad
    You are an inspiration to me Brian, and I probably don't tell you enough my friend... but that STILL doesn't leave you off tha hook regarding your homework assignments
    You know you flatter me with YOUR friendship. Homework!!!

Thanks I.W.

Yeah Steve...I don't see a career move into the Wal-Mart Family in the future
  19. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    P.S. Beautiful children my friend!
    Thanks EE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Being positive and happy is a choice, not always the easiest one, but you have to make the choice anyway so you might as well go for the good option, because the other options accomplish nothing worthwhile in the end.
    Making the better choice paid off nicely last night. Seems like magic sometimes when you put it into practice. The little things...make bigger things happen

20. B you live in Arizona? I am just North of the JW Mariott... like as in my back yard is on the WildFire golf course.

You are gonna have a blast at that place. We go once a month to the lazy river... good food too.. try the chicken sandwich with the mango salsa.
  21. Unbreakable

Mesa. Oh....I will be at the very most lazy

22. ah.. so you know what's up. I used to live on Alma S. and Baseline in good ole Mesa.
  23. Unbreakable

Dobson HS Class of '83. Dobson Ranch area was the old stomping grounds.

24. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Dobson HS Class of '83. Dobson Ranch area was the old stomping grounds.
    Haha.. nice 00' for me. Good old Mustangs.
  25. Unbreakable

No ****. We were the first/opening year kids and we were the first class to have a graduation ceremony at DHS..
    Last edited by David Dunn; 07-13-2005 at 06:12 PM.

26. That's right.. it was 83 huh? But to get things back on track for you... here are the two loves of my life.
    Last edited by JonesersRX7; 04-11-2006 at 08:10 PM.

27. We can all take note that B is at the JDub Marriot right now on the lazy river in the hot ass 115 degre AZ sun.

I'm jealous actually...
    Last edited by JonesersRX7; 04-11-2006 at 08:10 PM.
  28. Unbreakable

Check in is at 4:00. I'm still at the plant milking out this last job.

Yeah...115 in the shade
  29. Unbreakable

"I see the world in a different light, busy changing,
    rearranging. I'll be missing
    for a while, I've got a few things on my mind.

Please leave me alone on this day.
    I'm in conversation miles away.
    Please leave me alone this afternoon,
    I'm in meditation high above.

Fields of green and deep blue skies above.
    I'll share with you a place I'm thinking of.
    Play in the sunshine,
    sing my favorite song again and again.
    "
  30. Unbreakable

Thanks for the love guys. I hope it has been mutual.

If your looking for me "I'll be missing for a while".

You can look for me here:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Forum Threads

1. Your Favorite kids shows (you know you watch them too)
    By Bolanrox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 02:25 AM
  2. Movies, that you love that are not blockbuster hits.
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
  4. (NP)- Have I told you lately, that I love you?
    By motiv8er in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
  5. Protein, and diets that love them!
    By bigpetefox in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 08:49 PM