Show someone that you love them.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These two girls are my daughters. My oldest one took and sent these pictures to me. The two of them, seperately, at times, can make my life quite a challenge. This is now my new wallpaper.

So, show someone that you love them. It will make you and them feel a whole lot better. It may even make someone watching feel good as well. It sure has made my day.

"If you want love...give a little"

I love you man. :p
(it's been one of those days)
Brian

Attachments

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
These two girls are my daughters. My oldest one took and sent these pictures to me. The two of them, seperately, at times, can make my life quite a challenge. This is now my new wallpaper.

So, show someone that you love them. It will make you and them feel a whole lot better. It may even make someone watching feel good as well. It sure has made my day.

"If you want love...give a little"

I love you man. :p
(it's been one of those days)
Brian
Your a lucky man B.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love Comes Walking In

Your a lucky man B.
Thanks LCSULLA! It was one of those day where, this sucks, and that sucks, and is THIS my life...why do I bother trying. Then you reminded me of a line in a favorite Van Halen song called "One I Want": "A luckyman don't always know who they are".

Thanks for the love...and back at you.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
thanks B. This has been a tough day for me, and your message is very good!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
You know how I feel B.......those are a couple of cuties for sure!! :thumbsup: When you're happy......we're ALL happy :D

GuardDog

GuardDog

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Very cool B. Getting pictures like that from your family makes all the day's pain go away.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for sharing and caring fellas. They sure do make it seem worth the effort to endure through the trials. It just really bothers me sometimes that it seems the trials that I travail(sp) still lead to mediocroty...just getting by from week to week and check to check. Basically every fourth paycheck -- I never see -- and I make quite decent money. Health insurance, child support (though my X is very gracious), two sets of braces... The oldest one is getting ready to be a senior in HS this fall with college just around the corner.

I guess I could be less critical of myself and recognizer my achievments. After all I am able to attain and sustain those said items above. It says something...I guess. I could do less for sure.

Steve...pictures will be captured this weekend. The board calander has me scheduled for some family fun in the sun and hopefully some R&R for the old man.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for sharing and caring fellas. They sure do make it seem worth the effort to endure through the trials. It just really bothers me sometimes that it seems the trials that I travail(sp) still lead to mediocroty...just getting by from week to week and check to check. Basically every fourth paycheck -- I never see -- and I make quite decent money. Health insurance, child support (though my X is very gracious), two sets of braces... The oldest one is getting ready to be a senior in HS this fall with college just around the corner.

I guess I could be less critical of myself and recognizer my achievments. After all I am able to attain and sustain those said items above. It says something...I guess. I could do less for sure.

Steve...pictures will be captured this weekend. The board calander has me scheduled for some family fun in the sun and hopefully some R&R for the old man.
Cute kids. Think on your situation this way: familiarity breeds contempt, and that's no less true than with yourself. Good looking women often don't recognize they are so, because they've been seeing the same face int he mirror their entire lives. It's often much easier to see your own faults and problems than the goods things about yourself and in your life. Trust me on this, when I was a bit younger I took looking at the negative to the furthest extreme possible. Especially recently, I've been through some **** that could have made it easy to turn negative on myself. Mediocrity by your standards is probably better than what 90% of the world achieves, so I wouldn't worry. You've got people who love you and depend on you, and you're doing the right thing by them. You've got drive, discipline and seem like a decent guy. Learn to tell the world and all its stress to go **** itself occasionally. Life is good, and appealing as massive 'success' seems a lot of the time, there's a lot to say for contentment and security. Being positive and happy is a choice, not always the easiest one, but you have to make the choice anyway so you might as well go for the good option, because the other options accomplish nothing worthwhile in the end.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established

ooooooo....I'm getting giddy inside.

BTW....very impressive that you use the board calendar. That is a lovely resort and you definitely deserve it. Have a great time my man!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's often much easier to see your own faults and problems than the goods things about yourself and in your life.
I come equiped with this continuous improvement mentality that can be a bit overly critical of itself at times.
Mediocrity by your standards is probably better than what 90% of the world achieves, so I wouldn't worry.
The issue is it takes >125% effort. The return is diminished considerably.
You've got people who love you and depend on you, and you're doing the right thing by them. You've got drive, discipline and seem like a decent guy.
Thank you...I am and I do.
Learn to tell the world and all its stress to go **** itself occasionally.
Problem is I have the desire at time sto help them implement some of my ideas at doing so. Or at least communicate it.
Life is good, and appealing as massive 'success' seems a lot of the time, there's a lot to say for contentment and security.
I live a modest and humble lifestyle well within my means. Again it is the issue of investment and return...I'm always on the verge of being in the red, whether it be time or money.
Being positive and happy is a choice, not always the easiest one, but you have to make the choice anyway so you might as well go for the good option, because the other options accomplish nothing worthwhile in the end.
Truth.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Again it is the issue of investment and return...I'm always on the verge of being in the red, whether it be time or money.
Same here, and same with a lot of people. Everyone I know right now in my age bracket especially, and quite a few who are older, are living hand to mouth. Part of it is the ridiculous cost of living where I am. Other reasons I'd bitch about, but I'll save that for the Politics forum. All I can say is what I've learned, and that is if something is bothering you, hard as it might be, wok to change it. Find a doable solution and go balls to the wall to achieve it. Everytime something's bothering me or something goes terribly wrong in my life, I try and change something that I'm not happy with. Usually turns out I was sufferring needlessly on some level. I realize my situation is a bit different as I don't have kids depending on me, but I do have a near invalid mother who depends on me for supplemental income. Thank Christ she has her own insurance.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
It just really bothers me sometimes that it seems the trials that I travail(sp) still lead to mediocroty....
To have two daughters that love you is not mediocroty, my friend. The exmple of love and endurance and perserverance that you have shown and are shwoing them will indeed shape the way they view all men in their life. Rejoice in that you are their father and to them you are great.

I live a modest and humble lifestyle well within my means. Again it is the issue of investment and return...I'm always on the verge of being in the red, whether it be time or money.
I hear you, B. Just try to remeber and remind yourself you have invested in and are fully vested in something that cannot be shaken. There will be a time when you see your investment pay dividends in the lives of your daughters if not everyday in some small way...we just have to keep our eyes open.:) And your real treasure is not here; is being stored up for you in abundance. You know what I mean. ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To have two daughters that love you is not mediocroty, my friend. The exmple of love and endurance and perserverance that you have shown and are shwoing them will indeed shape the way they view all men in their life. Rejoice in that you are their father and to them you are great.
I pray that grace is sufficient to cover the times when the act of enduring and perservering takes its toll on me and my character is unbecoming. This too I am overly critical of, as I should reflect grace under pressure a couple/few more times than I do. At times I would trade the high pressure aerospace job I have, and all the compensations, for a position as a Wal-Mart Greeter, and the reduced compensations, just to reduce those times of shortcoming. But then again I would not be the able provider that I am able to be would I :think:

Here is where --> vacation <-- fits in. ;)

I hear you, B. Just try to remeber and remind yourself you have invested in and are fully vested in something that cannot be shaken. There will be a time when you see your investment pay dividends in the lives of your daughters if not everyday in some small way...we just have to keep our eyes open.:) And your real treasure is not here; is being stored up for you in abundance. You know what I mean. ;)
Loud and clear and fully vested :)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
B I made a choice a long time ago... Kids or Money.. money will buy nice things but Kids give so much more back...

I/We are so crazy that we have taken custody of a 2 YO old girl.. that unbalances the system now 4 girls-3 boys...

But if you saw her there is no way anyone could turn away such joy....

P.S. Beautiful children my friend!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you are a great father Brian. Your children wouldn't show that affection unless they loved you. Congrats and enojoy you relationship with your children.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I pray that grace is sufficient to cover the times when the act of enduring and perservering takes its toll on me and my character is unbecoming. This too I am overly critical of, as I should reflect grace under pressure a couple/few more times than I do. At times I would trade the high pressure aerospace job I have, and all the compensations, for a position as a Wal-Mart Greeter, and the reduced compensations, just to reduce those times of shortcoming. But then again I would not be the able provider that I am able to be would I
OK, and think about it like this too... my earthly father is an incredible man. His actions speak volumes to me. So much so that he could do no wrong. It's only been tha last few years that I've come to terms and realized that yet indeed he is only human, but that's kinda besides tha point. It is through his character that my relationship with tha Lord has blossomed. I see tha Lord in a much similar light and I feel sorry for those who never had a Dad who gived a ****. No wonder their 'ideas' are way off base. They haven't known any better...

You are an inspiration to me Brian, and I probably don't tell you enough my friend... but that STILL doesn't leave you off tha hook regarding your homework assignments :whip: :)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Does everyone feel the love now? Good....now go vote for B in teh member of the month thread :wave: :wave:

At times I would trade the high pressure aerospace job I have, and all the compensations, for a position as a Wal-Mart Greeter, and the reduced compensations, just to reduce those times of shortcoming. But then again I would not be the able provider that I am able to be would I
No way....you know you love the corporate world with a raging passion (emphasis on raging). Just watch the movie "Office Space". That'll spark some new inspiration in ya :icon_lol:

I could just see you at Wal-mart. All whacked out on DHT in the middle of obesity waiting for the second hand to make it all the way around the clock each minute so that you can go workout. All the while thinking that you are ingesting transfat by proxy from fumes of the in-store popcorn and burger joint......I just don't see that working out for you B :nono:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are an inspiration to me Brian, and I probably don't tell you enough my friend... but that STILL doesn't leave you off tha hook regarding your homework assignments :whip: :)
You know you flatter me with YOUR friendship. Homework!!! :frustrate

Thanks I.W.

Yeah Steve...I don't see a career move into the Wal-Mart Family in the future :lol:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
P.S. Beautiful children my friend!
Thanks EE!!!
Being positive and happy is a choice, not always the easiest one, but you have to make the choice anyway so you might as well go for the good option, because the other options accomplish nothing worthwhile in the end.
Making the better choice paid off nicely last night. Seems like magic sometimes when you put it into practice. The little things...make bigger things happen :thumbsup:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
B you live in Arizona? I am just North of the JW Mariott... like as in my back yard is on the WildFire golf course.

You are gonna have a blast at that place. We go once a month to the lazy river... good food too.. try the chicken sandwich with the mango salsa.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
ah.. so you know what's up. I used to live on Alma S. and Baseline in good ole Mesa.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dobson HS Class of '83. Dobson Ranch area was the old stomping grounds.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No ****. We were the first/opening year kids and we were the first class to have a graduation ceremony at DHS..

Last edited:
JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
That's right.. it was 83 huh? But to get things back on track for you... here are the two loves of my life.

Last edited:
JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
We can all take note that B is at the JDub Marriot right now on the lazy river in the hot ass 115 degre AZ sun.

I'm jealous actually...

Last edited:
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check in is at 4:00. I'm still at the plant milking out this last job.

Yeah...115 in the shade ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"I see the world in a different light, busy changing,
rearranging. I'll be missing
for a while, I've got a few things on my mind.

Please leave me alone on this day.
I'm in conversation miles away.
Please leave me alone this afternoon,
I'm in meditation high above.

Fields of green and deep blue skies above.
I'll share with you a place I'm thinking of.
Play in the sunshine,
sing my favorite song again and again.
"

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
JonesersRX7,

Are you in Desert Ridge?
Right around there, sure do. I'm at The Marketplace pretty much every weekend getting food or seeing a movie.

I might be buying one of those condos at Toscana, we'll see tho.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to 'journal' this for the sake of my son.

I spent last night alone with my son. It is a rare thing, with visitations, blended family 'issues' and work there is little time.

I got a room and we went out for dinner and went to an arcade. Played air hockey, and rode go-carts. We went back to the room (before and after dinner and arcade) and hung out, watching OCC, and misc shows like that. It was such fun just being with him.

I made a point to get away with him alone for the last 12-14 hours before he left. I was not sure why, but I knew my heart was leading me to get a room. It was to be his last night with me before he was to go back to NC to be with his mom. So I booked a room on-line during the work day so that I would be obligated to follow through with the prompting. Little did I know how great an investment it would be and how much a return I would net.

Sometime during the evening last night he shared a song with me he had burned onto a disk. He prefaced it with (paraphrased); 'Hey, dad I got this song you should hear. It kind of made me understand what you been going through and been trying to tell me. I think I get it'. He said it was one of his favorites at this time. I listened to it and from what I could capture from it first listen it was really moving and it touched me. Touched me pretty good.

We woke this morning, had a great time at breakfast at Denny's, and an all around good time. We drove to the airport and in the parking lot in the truck I had a very good talk with him. I wanted to get it out of the way so we could depart without the drama. I said all the things that I have always said to him. I swelled up with tears, as did he, and we hugged and kissed. We wiped tears and went on to the flight check-in and gate.

I left the airport and went to work this morning. Logged on to my PC and googled to find the lyrics to the song he turned me on to.

Here's to you, my son. Today you have changed my life for the better. I know you are listening and I know that you understand. This could not have come at a more critical time in my life. I am so grateful for every moment that I have had the opportunity to invest in you. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. You are a tremendous young man, someone I am proud to call My Son.

I Love You!
Dad

Flaw

"Best I Am"

Long.
I've been running away for far too long
Afraid of what
Afraid of what I know is soon to come
I may not be much of an example right now
But I can give you all of my knowledge on how
to get along in this place
right now all I can say

Is that I will do the best that I can
to be a good example of man
I know one day that you'll understand
you deserve the best that I am
you deserve the best that I am

It's so hard
so hard to think about when I was child
so angry at life
I blamed the world for such a long long time
But things happened so quickly
some people just go
I needed answers to heal me
I wanted to know how to get by
and now its my turn to say

This is all for you
everything in this world
everything in my world
everything in your world
things won't always go right in this life
theres always changes
we'll make it

Last edited:
SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Great story B. I'm glad that you are ejoying life to the fullest. Makes me realize that I may be missing out on a few things myself. Thank you for sharing this as I'm sure others here will enjoy the story as much as I did.

Now go fix your e-mail so that I can see your Fall diet plan :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great story B. I'm glad that you are ejoying life to the fullest. Makes me realize that I may be missing out on a few things myself. Thank you for sharing this
Thank you my brother. Sadly, he is sleeping 2200 miles away tonight. But it sure is less distant than before ;)
Now go fix your e-mail so that I can see your Fall diet plan :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
If you have time send me an e-mail from an alt. e-mail addy (other than gmail). I suspect something but need to test my theory.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
It is great to see someone get the rewards that are promised :thumbsup:

knox

Awards
  • Established
B150, i wish i had a father that cared and was there through my life like you have shown through your posts. my parents were divorced when i was very young. i hid with my sister in closets around the house and sometimes watched my dad beat and throw things at my mom. i'm completely deaf in my right ear because my dad punched me several times in my head when i was 3 years old or so. i love my dad very much but rarely get to see him. we used to be hunting and fishing partners all the time but these last few years that i've been in college i havent seen much or done anything with him. i seriously miss my dad. i am blessed with an awsome mom and step dad who would do anything for me, and i am grateful, but i owe them more then i could ever propose. i just wanted to say your post of your relationships with your kids really make feel humble of what i have and what i can grow to be. i only post this because i drank alot tonight and i'm speaking from deep within and i'm an idiot for doing so. i normally don't talk much about these issues but its amazing how someone you don't know can post such influencing words over the net.

i get through each day knowing i'm chopper challenge champion......lmao

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
WOW!!! that song made me cry!!! it was sooo beautiful!!! and a great story to go with it.........

Knox, (((HUGZ)))) stay strong, sometimes it helps to speak to complete strangers about things that happen to us, we dont judge we just listen :)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
B150, i wish i had a father that cared and was there through my life like you have shown through your posts. my parents were divorced when i was very young. i hid with my sister in closets around the house and sometimes watched my dad beat and throw things at my mom. i'm completely deaf in my right ear because my dad punched me several times in my head when i was 3 years old or so. i love my dad very much but rarely get to see him. we used to be hunting and fishing partners all the time but these last few years that i've been in college i havent seen much or done anything with him. i seriously miss my dad. i am blessed with an awsome mom and step dad who would do anything for me, and i am grateful, but i owe them more then i could ever propose. i just wanted to say your post of your relationships with your kids really make feel humble of what i have and what i can grow to be. i only post this because i drank alot tonight and i'm speaking from deep within and i'm an idiot for doing so. i normally don't talk much about these issues but its amazing how someone you don't know can post such influencing words over the net.

i get through each day knowing i'm chopper challenge champion......lmao

What WG said.

....and also, after you sober up, why not give your biological Father a call.....as well as your Mom and Stepfather. I have a Son in college and one which is semi-wayward. Nothing makes my day more than getting a phone call from them (even if they are just asking for $$....although that isn't my preference). It's great that you poured out your thoughts, but actions speak louder than words.

B-----e-mail sent.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
nicely done, B.
knox, you got friends here!........

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B150, i wish i had a father that cared and was there through my life like you have shown through your posts.
please know that like is quoted in the song my son played for me...I ain't always been the best example. I am a recovering addict/alcoholic. I surely made mistakes along the way. I did the best I could then, and am doing the best I can now...only sober.
my parents were divorced when i was very young. i hid with my sister in closets around the house and sometimes watched my dad beat and throw things at my mom. i'm completely deaf in my right ear because my dad punched me several times in my head when i was 3 years old or so. i love my dad very much but rarely get to see him.
I carry scars on the inside from similar behaviors. I too love my (step) dad, and never see him. My children carry his name and we do not even share genetics. I can become very angry...but will not longer go there...he did the best he could.
we used to be hunting and fishing partners all the time but these last few years that i've been in college i havent seen much or done anything with him. i seriously miss my dad.
my dad had so many qualities that he did share with my. I am an excellent (decent...I'm 40 now) baseball player and athlete. I also behaved like the tremendous alcoholic that he is/was. I miss him as well. I have grown to love him again now that I am sober. But he is still absent.

During my drinking/druging years (wow...that was most of all of them) I could never be anything greater than my problems...because I was the same as what my problem stemmed from.
i am blessed with an awsome mom and step dad who would do anything for me, and i am grateful, but i owe them more then i could ever propose.
you only owe them the effort to become greater than the thing that holds you down...be your best and be happy.
i just wanted to say your post of your relationships with your kids really make feel humble of what i have and what i can grow to be. i only post this because i drank alot tonight and i'm speaking from deep within and i'm an idiot for doing so. i normally don't talk much about these issues but its amazing how someone you don't know can post such influencing words over the net.
i testify about what I was and where I came from and where I am today so that YOU can find hope and know that you are not alone. I spent many many years 'exploring' my feelings with alcohol. I needed it so I could find my feelings because alcohol was the one that helped me stuff them and was the only one that could help me find them again when I needed them. You are not an idiot. You are a perfectly normal product of your circumstances, behaving in the way you have, because it is all that you have been able to develope and learn in dealing with the issues of your life. You are talking to a text book example.

Please be careful with your poison because it works for a while and then it stops. Then it can and will become THE problem and you will forget all about why you started in the first place.
get through each day knowing i'm chopper challenge champion......lmao
you got that going for you...and that's nice ;)

Be well. Like others have said...you have friends here.

Show someone you love them...you'll feel better about everything. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
For what it's worth...

Hey TUT,

I just wanted to touch base with you. I was flattered that you remembered my name tonight in chat...

...I have since been thinking about a few things. Actaully I have been thinking about a few thing lately, but moreso in the last couple days.

One being am I of significance. I mean does my contribution to the board and to people really make any difference. I often get frustrated...

...When I recognized that you were "paying attention" or maybe even "reading what, where or when I say something" I realized that I may not be as an "Insignificant Board Member" as I thought. I may be very significant, and someone, someone else is watching for signs of what is so great about Christianity...

Sent by b5150 on Apr 13 2004, 12:10 AM

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
You know I'd love to buddy, and one day I promise you we'll meet up.

There are a lot of factors however that come into play that I don't entirely have control of...

First and foremost I still have yet to find a full-time job with my degree. Thus, I have no paid vacation. If I don't work I can't paid what little bills I do have while living at home. As a side note however, last week I got a call back for a second interview from a biggie. Kinda makes me think its meant to be, but we shall see. ;)

Second, Steph tha nurse is a good friend who is not my girlfriend. To be honest, I've entertained tha idea to Kim but have yet to bring it up. You should know I know tha importance of trust and I expect no less from her but... I think it's still gonna be a concern considering she doesn't know Steph nor have we been together more than six months. When you say 'sleep-over' it's never an easy thing.

Thirdly, Steph has many variables in her life. Being an on-call ER nurse and my inability to just pick-up and drive her vehicle at will (especially since needing a suicide knob) can pose potential problems.

...So lets just say its a work in progress much like your article. :)