Do you stand for the National Anthem?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  1. Do you stand for the National Anthem?


    Wondering how many of you stand during the anthem or if you kneel?

    I feel very strongly about this subject as I have decided to boycott Nike and never wear them again which is unfortunate since I own some really nice Nike gear.

    I feel that even though we have the right to free speech in this country a person should use different ways to protest and make their voice heard. The flag doesn't just represent justice for all. It represents the men and women who died for this country and as long as men and women are dying in war, I will always stand for my Flag. Plus right now we are at WAR with other countries who are looking to really hurt us and our allies so I will stand for that as well.


  2. If I'm at a public place I will usually just out of common courtesy or if I'm sitting I may sing along but not stand.
    I dont sit there with my arms crossed though.

    But if I'm at home, no because I typically dont get to the television until after the start of a game. Matter of a fact I dont remember the last time I caught the anthem on television. I literally have missed the start of every big game for the past 20 or so years lol. I cant stand pregame hype and all the talking heads. I purposely skip it now.

    But the whole standing or kneeling doesnt mean anything. Just as many *******s and terrible people stand and put one hand over their heart as there are people whom dont even acknowledge the flag or sit, or kneel.

    If you're of your self worth, str8 forward, down to earth, I'm good. A damn slime ball is a slime ball whether standing or laying down or pulling their d!k out in front of everyone during the anthem.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
    •   
       


  3. Stand. Every. ****ing. Time.

  4. I stand, but fully support anybody that wants to kneel or peacefully protest in any way. I find it far less "American" to tell people how they should peacefully protest than it is to actually kneel. As dumb as I find it to protest a protest, I also support whoever wants to boycott Nike. They'll be just fine and I'm hoping for a sale.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I stand, but fully support anybody that wants to kneel or peacefully protest in any way. I find it far less "American" to tell people how they should peacefully protest than it is to actually kneel. As dumb as I find it to protest a protest, I also support whoever wants to boycott Nike. They'll be just fine and I'm hoping for a sale.
    You are not looking deep enough into this. People died because they defended this flag. It isnt about justice or police brutality. The flag represents the men and women who came before us to be patriotic and serve in our military willing to die for it. Only a buffoon would think it was ok to choose to kneel when we should stand with a hand over our heart respecting the flag during its national anthem and also showing respect to those who DIED for us to have the freedom to STAND on Sundays watching football and being AMERICANS. They also served so people could be pro athletes. If those pro athletes were not free they wouldn’t be able to be on that field!!! Stand and show some ****ing respect!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    You are not looking deep enough into this. People died because they defended this flag. It isnt about justice or police brutality. The flag represents the men and women who came before us to be patriotic and serve in our military willing to die for it. Only a buffoon would think it was ok to choose to kneel when we should stand with a hand over our heart respecting the flag during its national anthem and also showing respect to those who DIED for us to have the freedom to STAND on Sundays watching football and being AMERICANS. They also served so people could be pro athletes. If those pro athletes were not free they wouldn’t be able to be on that field!!! Stand and show some ****ing respect!
    Do you know how many African Americans died for their “country” only to come home to a world that still could only recognize a grown man as a boy? How many men and woman risked everything just to still be denied the same liberties as their white counterparts. Your viewpoint is pathetic simply because you stand in opposition to something you will never experience and will never fathom. I really wish I could see your similar outrage over the KkK rally support or is that just a white persons privilege? I will await that thread patiently. Let’s see what kind of a human being you really are.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Do you know how many African Americans died for their “country” only to come home to a world that still could only recognize a grown man as a boy? How many men and woman risked everything just to still be denied the same liberties as their white counterparts. Your viewpoint is pathetic simply because you stand in opposition to something you will never experience and will never fathom. I really wish I could see your similar outrage over the KkK rally support or is that just a white persons privilege? I will await that thread patiently. Let’s see what kind of a human being you really are.
    KKK members are certainly orders of magnitude worse than someone who kneels for the anthem, that should go without saying really. That said, I’ll change the subject and say that employees have no real legal right (and I’ll post up a summary/analysis on the topic written by the Bar) to protest against their employer’s wishes while on the clock using their employer’s platform. The first amendment only pertains to the government not being allowed to limit or penalize free speech, so only government employees have a right to freedom from consequence from their employers for free speech, and even that has its limits.

    TL;DR: I make no comments about supporting or not supporting the protests, but they have no real legal leg to stand on, and people need to read the Constitution to see what if actually says.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    KKK members are certainly orders of magnitude worse than someone who kneels for the anthem, that should go without saying really. That said, I’ll change the subject and say that employees have no real legal right (and I’ll post up a summary/analysis on the topic written by the Bar) to protest against their employer’s wishes while on the clock using their employer’s platform. The first amendment only pertains to the government not being allowed to limit or penalize free speech, so only government employees have a right to freedom from consequence from their employers for free speech, and even that has its limits.

    TL;DR: I make no comments about supporting or not supporting the protests, but they have no real legal leg to stand on, and people need to read the Constitution to see what if actually says.
    Please show me where in the NFLs guidelines it says the our entertainers (athletes) have to even be present for the national anthem. I know for a solid fact it doesn’t exist.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

  9. On that stance wouldn’t that be the decision of the teams ownership and not the people of America?
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Please show me where in the NFLs guidelines it says the our entertainers (athletes) have to even be present for the national anthem. I know for a solid fact it doesn’t exist.
    The new (proposed?) policy states that players have the option of standing, or staying in the locker room. So if they don't want to stand, they can stay in the locker room, which would mean not engaging in what can be considered a political statement/action (standing for the anthem). They cannot, however, stage a counter-political-statement/action against their employer's wishes, which is stated in the new rules for the league.

    On a related note, I am pretty sure that the NBA rules mandate players to stand during the anthem, but there's been no outcry over that, and the Warrior's coach has even criticized the NFL despite the NFL's new policy being more lenient towards the players than the NBA's is.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    On that stance wouldn’t that be the decision of the teams ownership and not the people of America?
    Yes, which is why I said that the player's (employees) don't have a right to protest at work against the owner's wishes. I said nothing about what fans/consumers want.

    Apparently it's been a "policy" but not a "rule" for years, which may muddy the waters for legal issues, but the owners should/do likely have the right to tell players that they are not allowed to protest on the clock at work.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  11. "A Chill Around the Water Cooler: First Amendment in the Workplace"

    by Jeannette Cox, a professor of law at the University of Dayton School of Law. She specializes in disability law and employment discrimination law.

    Posted on the American Bar Association's Website:

    In reality, however, American employees’ free speech rights may be more accurately summarized by this paraphrase of a 1891 statement by Oli*ver Wendell Holmes, Jr.: “A employee may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be employed.” In other words: to keep your job, you often can’t say what you like...

    If this use of economic power to punish speech sounds un-American, remember that the First Amendment limits only the government’s ability to suppress speech. It provides that “Con*gress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech.” Courts have extended this prohibition to all feder*al, state, and local government officials but have consistently emphasized that the First Amendment’s strictures do not apply to private-sector employers. Accordingly, the only people who enjoy First Amendment protection vis-à-vis their employers are people employed by the government...
    https://www.americanbar.org/publicat...er-cooler.html
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    The new (proposed?) policy states that players have the option of standing, or staying in the locker room. So if they don't want to stand, they can stay in the locker room, which would mean not engaging in what can be considered a political statement/action (standing for the anthem). They cannot, however, stage a counter-political-statement/action against their employer's wishes, which is stated in the new rules for the league.

    On a related note, I am pretty sure that the NBA rules mandate players to stand during the anthem, but there's been no outcry over that, and the Warrior's coach has even criticized the NFL despite the NFL's new policy being more lenient towards the players than the NBA's is.


    Yes, which is why I said that the player's (employees) don't have a right to protest at work against the owner's wishes. I said nothing about what fans/consumers want.

    Apparently it's been a "policy" but not a "rule" for years, which may muddy the waters for legal issues, but the owners should/do likely have the right to tell players that they are not allowed to protest on the clock at work.
    To be honest I don’t mind the new policy. Even when I played football we stayed in the locker room while the Anthem played and it had nothing to do with the anthem being played or not. I am curious to see how the year continues to do with this.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    To be honest I don’t mind the new policy. Even when I played football we stayed in the locker room while the Anthem played and it had nothing to do with the anthem being played or not. I am curious to see how the year continues to do with this.
    Yeah, I have no problems with this policy at all. I don't think players should have to stand for the anthem (they should be allowed to stay in the locker room and avoid it entirely), as it can be viewed as a political statement itself, but I also don't think employees have a right to engage in a counter-political-activity/protest at work. Everyone essentially gets their way here, as no one is forced to engage in a political activity that they do not support. It seems like a no-brainer solution really.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    You are not looking deep enough into this. People died because they defended this flag. It isnt about justice or police brutality. The flag represents the men and women who came before us to be patriotic and serve in our military willing to die for it. Only a buffoon would think it was ok to choose to kneel when we should stand with a hand over our heart respecting the flag during its national anthem and also showing respect to those who DIED for us to have the freedom to STAND on Sundays watching football and being AMERICANS. They also served so people could be pro athletes. If those pro athletes were not free they wouldn’t be able to be on that field!!! Stand and show some ****ing respect!
    Tell me more how I'm not looking deep enough at a piece of fabric that is used as propaganda along with the propaganda song. Please tell me more about these wars that were only fought for freedom and apparently football and not for any other reason. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, then don't start a thread asking for them, because we do have a choice. Freedom means having a choice, not blindly going along with the crap that politicians spoon feed down your throat.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  15. ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  16. Just playing devil's advocate, but it's no sillier than people praising Nike as some social justice heroes for putting "Afro Guy" as your meme puts it on their ad while they use child-labor/sweatshops to make their shoes. Both far ends of the political spectrum are sort of insane and hypocritical IMO.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  17. Just playing devil's advocate, but it's no sillier than people praising Nike as some social justice heroes for putting "Afro Guy" as your meme puts it on their ad while they use child-labor/sweatshops to make their shoes. Both far ends of the political spectrum are sort of insane and hypocritical IMO.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    If I'm at a public place I will usually just out of common courtesy or if I'm sitting I may sing along but not stand.
    I dont sit there with my arms crossed though.

    But if I'm at home, no because I typically dont get to the television until after the start of a game. Matter of a fact I dont remember the last time I caught the anthem on television. I literally have missed the start of every big game for the past 20 or so years lol. I cant stand pregame hype and all the talking heads. I purposely skip it now.

    But the whole standing or kneeling doesnt mean anything. Just as many *******s and terrible people stand and put one hand over their heart as there are people whom dont even acknowledge the flag or sit, or kneel.

    If you're of your self worth, str8 forward, down to earth, I'm good. A damn slime ball is a slime ball whether standing or laying down or pulling their d!k out in front of everyone during the anthem.
    Yes to all of this.

  19. As an American, and a GWOT Veteran who fought in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and was wounded multiple times. I stand for the National Anthem and Salute at the position of Attention whether I am at home or in Public, but thats my prerogative. As a Veteran, I fought for peoples freedoms and Constitutional Rights. If he doesn't want to stand for the flag thats his prerogative and Right as an American. Do I agree with it....No, I don't. But I fought for his rights, and wont degrade a man, be it black, white, yellow or whatever to do what his rights allow him to do.
    Now, on to the NIKE matter, who cares. I personally hate NIKE gear, and wont wear any of it cause there are better options out there. Not, because some dude that cant find a job in the NFL anymore and make millions of dollars playing a game got hired by them. He got his, and got paid for it. So let it go.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate, but it's no sillier than people praising Nike as some social justice heroes for putting "Afro Guy" as your meme puts it on their ad while they use child-labor/sweatshops to make their shoes. Both far ends of the political spectrum are sort of insane and hypocritical IMO.
    I completely agree. It's a marketing move.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. your entire so called argument against kneeling went out the window once you reminded yourself that We as Americans have the freedom of speech. And please don't give the lame argument that you can't protest at your workplace, so NFL players shouldn't be able to. You don't fill stadium seats with up to 100,000 fans, and create enough revenue to be an overpaid, 20+ mil a year athlete. No one is going to force you to agree with how this specific PEACEFUL protest is being executed. Either way, It is far more UN-American, demanding some sort of punishment because other Americans are utilizing their Freedoms.

    I buried my younger brother almost 6 years ago after 3 tours, and at the rank of S/Sgt, and he sure as **** didn't sacrifice his life for a piece of fabric and a song with a few nursery rhymes.

    ...and next time use a "hashtag" before the words boycottNike, you'll get more internet likes that way.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by LoveCompeting View Post
    Wondering how many of you stand during the anthem or if you kneel?

    I feel very strongly about this subject as I have decided to boycott Nike and never wear them again which is unfortunate since I own some really nice Nike gear.

    I feel that even though we have the right to free speech in this country a person should use different ways to protest and make their voice heard. The flag doesn't just represent justice for all. It represents the men and women who died for this country and as long as men and women are dying in war, I will always stand for my Flag. Plus right now we are at WAR with other countries who are looking to really hurt us and our allies so I will stand for that as well.
    Did you bust up your Keurig Coffee Maker when they refused to advertise in Hannity? (sp, I really don't care do you?)
    Send your Nike Gear to someone whom can use it.

    The players are kneeling to protest.. get this...nothing to do with the Flag; the Anthem or Veterans. Kaepernick was advised to kneel instead of sitting from a Green Beret who respects his right to freedom of speech and to protest the violence against African Americans in the country. Taking a knee by military is a sign of respect for the fallen. Save your inflated anger and ego.

    To answer your first question. Nobody sees what I do in my home, so I take a knee (jk) I am usually in the kitchen getting a beer and putting food on my plate for the game. I guess I'm no patriot...

    Although I am getting these.

    Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 10.33.32 AM.png
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    your entire so called argument against kneeling went out the window once you reminded yourself that We as Americans have the freedom of speech. And please don't give the lame argument that you can't protest at your workplace, so NFL players shouldn't be able to. You don't fill stadium seats with up to 100,000 fans, and create enough revenue to be an overpaid, 20+ mil a year athlete. No one is going to force you to agree with how this specific PEACEFUL protest is being executed. Either way, It is far more UN-American, demanding some sort of punishment because other Americans are utilizing their Freedoms.

    I buried my younger brother almost 6 years ago after 3 tours, and at the rank of S/Sgt, and he sure as **** didn't sacrifice his life for a piece of fabric and a song with a few nursery rhymes.

    ...and next time use a "hashtag" before the words boycottNike, you'll get more internet likes that way.
    And your entire argument goes out the widow if you actually read the First Amendment and see that it only prohibits the government from restricting or penalizing free speech. It’s not that they should or shouldn’t be able to protest based on their ability to fill seats, it’s that the Constitution never gave them the right in the first place. Please read the First Amendment and then the article posted on the Bar Association’s website I referenced earlier in this thread. I’m not saying I don’t agree with the message and intent behind the protests; I’m talking from a purely legal and Constitutional standpoint.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    And your entire argument goes out the widow if you actually read the First Amendment and see that it only prohibits the government from restricting or penalizing free speech. It’s not that they should or shouldn’t be able to protest based on their ability to fill seats, it’s that the Constitution never gave them the right in the first place. Please read the First Amendment and then the article posted on the Bar Association’s website I referenced earlier in this thread. I’m not saying I don’t agree with the message and intent behind the protests; I’m talking from a purely legal and Constitutional standpoint.
    Except you're ignoring that the President continues to get involved and make threats towards the protesters and the NFL for "allowing" them to protest. That's where this opens up into an Constitutional issue.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Did you bust up your Keurig Coffee Maker when they refused to advertise in Hannity? (sp, I really don't care do you?)
    Send your Nike Gear to someone whom can use it.

    The players are kneeling to protest.. get this...nothing to do with the Flag; the Anthem or Veterans. Kaepernick was advised to kneel instead of sitting from a Green Beret who respects his right to freedom of speech and to protest the violence against African Americans in the country. Taking a knee by military is a sign of respect for the fallen. Save your inflated anger and ego.

    To answer your first question. Nobody sees what I do in my home, so I take a knee (jk) I am usually in the kitchen getting a beer and putting food on my plate for the game. I guess I'm no patriot...

    Although I am getting these.

    Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 10.33.32 AM.png
    He's kneeling against police brutality but there is a reason why we were taught as Americans from a very young age to stand for the national anthem. In elementary school this is where it started. Every morning we would pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. Remember that? We did it proudly. As of right now kneeling for the national anthem is not right, and I can name you one reason. ITS UNPATRIOTIC! As an AMERICAN who is proud to be one, I find it sickening that anyone would choose to kneel during the anthem. I'll put myself in the shoes of athletes who choose to kneel and think to myself "When I know we are at war with terrorists who want to blow up the USA, am I going to kneel when I should stand proud, show that I am a strong American and respect our FLAG that identifies the 50 states of our country! THE RED WHITE AND BLUE!" **** no I am not going to kneel! I'll find different ways to express my right to protest because I am a proud AMERICAN and I refuse to kneel during the NATIONAL ANTHEM.

    For those of you who do not get this and do not find respecting our FLAG important, I pity you and you are a disgrace of an AMERICAN. Go live in the middle east where you belong or move to CANADA like all the other sell outs who do not hold value in being patriotic.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. \\\ Join The Ultimate-T Party NOW /// Where Do YOU Stand?
    By borobulker in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 03:46 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 04:17 PM
  5. how much time do you spend in the gym
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Log in
Log in