Sunglasses

BigSwede

Awards
My Nikon titanium sunglasses were lifted this week and I am looking to purchase a pair of sunglasses with good peripheral-protection[wrap style]. Anyone have any suggestions? Cost isn't a consideration. Thanks.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
eBay. Can usually find some good buys on there for whatever brand you end up looking for.

captain chet

Awards
I wouldnt reccomend buying designer brands on eBay. Lots of frauds go on eBay. Best bet if price isnt an option would be to stop by a specialty eyewear store or look online at oakley.com or bolle.com or something like that. Then you can head to a sunglass hut or whatever and know what you are looking for and try them on so you dont order ones that dont fit. Ive had a pair of real oakleys for over 2 years no and you can tell the difference from cheap imitations. Plus paying over 100 bucks for sunglasses forces you to take good care of them. Just my 2 cents.

BigSwede

Awards
Yeah, ebay is ok as long as you're certain the dealer is reputable. I paid a mint for the Nikon's, so much for taking care of 'em.

Oakley's get such a bad rap now as they're ubiquitous; Native eyewear looks like a nice brand.

tattoopierced1

i love my oakley eye jacket 2.0's....they've survived through a motorcycle wreck, flying off my head at 100mph, and being sat on....best pair of sunglasses IMO....

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what you do while wearing. While cycling i use the Oakley magnesium m-frame, full coverage and you can change lens according to the day. Hanging around, Maui Jim's, but i don't wear wrap arounds hanging around and I am hoping you don't either.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I also would like a new pair of sunglasses...unfortunatley, my wallet will only allow me to indulge in the quicke mart racks...lmao.

BigSwede

Awards
Depends on what you do while wearing. While cycling i use the Oakley magnesium m-frame, full coverage and you can change lens according to the day. Hanging around, Maui Jim's, but i don't wear wrap arounds hanging around and I am hoping you don't either.
No, they're for cycling. I hold the <18 record on the Kilo. :) Although I am thinking of growing a mullet.