If you were stuck in a scary place...

bigbadboss101

Awards
If you were stuck alone at a strange and frightening place (eg. back alley, gang hangout), who would you want to be with you and perhaps help protect you/each other?

This person can be a TV personnel, athlete, BB'er, Martial Artist etc.  Assume it will be only you and this person.  No police, no weapons.   The answer has to be a SPECIFIC individual. 

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
does it matter if the person is dead?

BRUCE LEE!!!! hehehe

now he was one badass mofo!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
if its strictly hand to hand beat down, bruce lee gots to be the choice. its a rumor he had a negative bf% ;)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage
if its strictly hand to hand beat down, bruce lee gots to be the choice. heard a rumor he had a negative bf% ;)

Yeah, the man definitley had some definition.

LG. :cool:

bigbadboss101

Awards
Yeah, no weapons, objectiles, etc.

Now I wonder whom would make me feel more safe?  Someone hugh like Shaq?

Someone crazy like Tyson?  Steven Segal?  Some wrestling guy like Steiner?  Ultimate fighting Champson like Shamrock or the Gecko Roman wrestling?  Jackie Chan?  Ninja Grandmaster Hatsumi?

shady

Awards
i would want shamrock for sure . he is one bad mofo . and i will say i think he would f^ck up bruce lee .

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
a friend once told me he read that bruce lees punch from 1 inch away from the target, had a greater power and kinetic energy then an above average proffessional boxer full range punch. (something about the stress and energy he generates from that 1 inch) if thats true....watch out for that du'

bigbadboss101

Awards
I meant William Cheung before.  He had trained with Bruce Lee.  William demostrated the one inch punch on me.  He told me to hold a phone book against my chest, and then he aligned his fist against the book.  Boom he hits me and I got pushed back a few steps.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I meant William Cheung before.  He had trained with Bruce Lee.  William demostrated the one inch punch on me.  He told me to hold a phone book against my chest, and then he aligned his fist against the book.  Boom he hits me and I got pushed back a few steps.
ya man...that shid is scary to think about. for a human to have that much strength from such a short distance. you see dudes in karate/taekwondo contest on espn2 doing stuff like that with coke cans etc, and you know people like B.Lee be doing that with 2-3 times the strength.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Bump that... Shamrock would snap bruce lee :D

hehehe
nah....i know this all opinions and everyone i respect. but man, bruce lee was a soldier (so is shamrock) but Blee would destroy like 25 dudes when rumbling with him alone (wait...thats a movie).....shidd, who cares....he still a soldier.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
ya if my good ole' pal bruce was still alive ;)

ive heard alot and 99% wouldnt doubt it that the baddest dude alive today is jet li. hes been doing karate since he was i beleive 1-2 y/o (dont quote me on it). and won the world championship since he started. he is a master in like every form .... bad dude like bruce

id def. say give me a karate type person to fight with. lol i can see it in my head, will look like Rush Hour 2 movie. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. I do the ass talking, he does the ass kicking.

:shoot:

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I personally wouldnt want anyone with me....they'd just get in the way of my fire...

aeoliantru

Awards
Shamrock would be a good choice.  I'd probably even talk some junk in a dark alley with Shamrock on my side.  Of course, after I my cycle of t-1 I won't need him...   

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Shamrock would be a good choice.  I'd probably even talk some junk in a dark alley with Shamrock on my side.  Of course, after I my cycle of t-1 I won't need him...   
true true. me too then man

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
aeoliantru,

I dont wanna sound like an ass or anything like that, but could you shrink your avatar, maybe??

LG. :cool:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
it makes mine look like a midget....wait, i dont got one yet. but still its pretty dang big....doesnt bother me none though

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage
it makes mine look like a midget....wait, i dont got one yet. but still its pretty dang big....doesnt bother me none though

what do you mean you dont get one yet???

if you have 1 post you can get a custom avatar.

deaconbill

Awards
I still say Bruce Lee could take anyone in his day.

DarCSA

Awards
Bruce Lee. I would let him take care of the problem for me and anyone else I had a problem with.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Bruce Lee of course, the greatest ever, and then there are guys like Shamrock, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz, etc. you may not like them all but they can all PUT ON THE HURT in a major way. I always want Jesus with me good situation or bad ;)

khafra

Awards
Maasaki Hatsumi wouldn't be a bad choice at all.  Of course, if no weapons means we didn't bring any in with us, I'd pick Jackie Chan, since he always finds something he can use as a weapon.  If it's no weapons at all, then it would be William "The Refrigerator" Perry.  I'd make sure he was between me and anyone threatening, and if they made any false moves I'd be long gone by the time they made it all the way around him.

Actually, I'd probably want to take Sun Tzu.  The Chinese soldiers in his day thought nothing of lugging 100 lbs of armor and supplies and an 80 lb crossbow 100 miles a day, and the guy could credibly claim to be able to use a line in the sand as an impregnable defensive position.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
big show ,
how many people in there right mind would take one step toward you with that dude standing next to you.
some one said to me that size didnt matter......
then why do they have different weight classes in th ufc.
I have this buddy that is 6'2 360 and can kick a foot or 18 in ches over my head, quick too, they wouldn't even let him fight in a regional tough man contest.
I agree if you can kick someone in the head, you have the oppurtunity to take them down, but that is a big if with a guy who can smash HEAVY cinder blocks on his head
and break twenty bricks with one punch.
bruce lee was very BAD, but what happens when bruce lee meets his match and he is more than twice him in mass and still just as fast???????????

COLOSSUS

Awards
I still say Bruce Lee could take anyone in his day.
Bruce lee was never a prize fighter neither did he compete in a sanctioned event................Chuck Norris who trained with bruce was badass. Not taking anything away from bruce..........just giving my 2 cents.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
a friend once told me he read that bruce lees punch from 1 inch away from the target, had a greater power and kinetic energy then an above average proffessional boxer full range punch. (something about the stress and energy he generates from that 1 inch) if thats true....watch out for that du'
There are videos of Bruce demonstrating the one inch punch. The guy he hits literally goes flying across the room.You could prob. find it on Kazaa.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Bruce lee was never a prize fighter neither did he compete in a sanctioned event................Chuck Norris who trained with Bruce was badass. Not taking anything away from bruce..........just giving my 2 cents.
There is a difference between the ring and a street fight. Bruce fought in a few street fights that I know of. If he beat a guy in ten seconds , he would be mad that he didn't beat him in 1 second. He was a perfectionist. One person that knew him well said that Bruce was training for a fight that he would never have.
There are several stories floating around that Bruce beat Chuck a few times.One being that he left chuck "red faced". Not that Chuck isn't a great martial artist.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Shamrocks been beaten a few times. Most recently by Tito.Although you could tell that something was really not right with him in that fight.
Jesus was the best answer so far. Even if they beat you to death he could bring you back.

phenom9950

Awards
i would have to say me.

bruce lee was a great martial artist. no offense to chuck norris fans, bruce is his teacher, theres no chance chucky boy would have came close. I also heard from one of bruces producers said one guy was talkin **** about bruce and sayin he could beat anyone in a real fightand bruce set it up so he could do some sidekik on him , and nailed him and sent him to the hospital...

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
I used to be able to do this about 30 years ago. I did nothing but practice martial arts for about 10 years. I had a large collection of books, hundreds, including a book written by James DeMille, a student of Lee's which was entirely about how to perform the 1 and 3 inch punches. It is more of a stunt than a useful technique.

It relies heavily on a certain stance and footwork, which would be difficult to apply in the midst of a real fight. It might be useful as a first technique from your prepared stance, but I would rather attack sooner before my opponent got that close. (As would Lee.)

It certainly gets someones attention when you demo iu on him, though!

Greenguy
Formerly Dangerous Old Man

Siberian

Awards
Again, this is just my opinion but there is no chance that a 360 pound man moves as quick as Bruce Lee. If you have not seen it watch Enter the Dragon, the guy moves so quick it's hard to see what's going on at points. And don't tell me its computer-generated, the movie was made in the 1973.

I have no doubt that this friend of yours is fast for a 360 pound person and going by your description he does sound impressive, but Lee was a freak quite honestly. I defintely agree that size is of some importance, however, how can you defend a punch or kick that is so fast it's difficult to even see??

Again, no intention of starting arguments and it's all speculation, but it's just something to think about...

phenom9950

Awards
yea but in bruces movies the producers needed bruce to slow his punches and kicks down so that the camera could catch it and the guys bruce was fighting could see what bruce was doing..

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
I would want Bobo with me.

In a place like that i'm gonna have stay pretty massive, and his advice is for rizzle dizzle!

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
I see Tito's name thrown around alot. Don't get me wrong he is a badass mofo, but after watching Randy Couture manhandle him I would have to say Couture before Tito. Just my $0.02