Bostonian in need of a training partner

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting fed up with working out solo. Does anyone live in the Boston area and need a training partner? I realize the chances are slim of someone being able to go to a gym that would be convenient for both. Just figured I'd throw it out there. My current gym membership runs out in October, so I'd be down to consider switching gyms then as I am not at all pleased with what the owners have done with the new location.

I'll be cutting for 1 more month, then bulking for about 8 :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Where the hell are you? I do live in Boston, brother... :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I live in Quincy. My current gym is in Dorchester.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I live in Quincy. My current gym is in Dorchester.
I'm from Dorchester, live in Somerville.. If you don't mind travellin' I got a few week passes to World Gym by Sullivan Station.. ;)

Ask, and ye shall get one...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. Let's do it in a few weeks, once the bulk starts.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let me know, brother.. Let me know.. :thumbsup:

captain chet

Awards
Im from the boston area and id love to train with u guys, even though im a stick figure at the moment and JUST signed up for a gym. Wish i saw this thread earlier.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can always get more passes.. ;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That can be changed... :whip:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Pete and WranglerGirl,
Do you want me to change the title of the thread to:
"Bostonian in need of getting their swerve on"?
:icon_lol:

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
LOL no beowulf.......its no secret that pete and I know each other outside of AM......LOL

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn talk about luck Beowulf... you say you're in need of a training partner and get the biggest guy on the board. :thumbsup:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Who would that be? :think:

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm from Malden but recently moved to Woburn (on the Burlington line). I also go to school in North Andover at Merrimack. Cool to see local guys!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the middle of moving so I haven't had internet access for a few days, and don't know when I will.

Let's hit up the training some time in August :thumbsup:

I can't wait. I haven't worked out with a good training partner in way too long.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You know where to find me.. :)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hey Pete, have you ever been to the Peruvian restaurant, Machu Picchu, in Union Square? Most of the food would not be kind to your waistline, but the Ceviche is delicious and nutritious :thumbsup:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Pete, have you ever been to the Peruvian restaurant, Machu Picchu, in Union Square? Most of the food would not be kind to your waistline, but the Ceviche is delicious and nutritious :thumbsup:
I pass by there alot, never tried them.. I'm simple, Cambridge Common and The PourHouse are my usual stops.. :thumbsup:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If you like sushi you'll love ceviche. It isn't cooked in the traditional sense. It is cooked in lime juice. The citric acid does the cooking. Also has plenty of cilantro, served with sweet potato and choclo (aka corn on steroids). This is an excellent low-fat, high protein, medium GI meal. You can also order skewered cow heart :D

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I pass by there alot, never tried them.. I'm simple, Cambridge Common and The PourHouse are my usual stops.. :thumbsup:
you cant beat 50% off mexican night at the pour house

Fire and Ice is a great place to eat as well

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I remember waiting for a table in Fire & Ice, and drinking 5 Coronas before we were seated.. I never did pay for those Coronas, and that's happened afew times at the Back Bay one.. :D

I remember taking a friend out to the one in Providence.. ;)

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I remember waiting for a table in Fire & Ice, and drinking 5 Coronas before we were seated.. I never did pay for those Coronas, and that's happened afew times at the Back Bay one.. :D

I remember taking a friend out to the one in Providence.. ;)
i actually went to the one in harvard square with some friends tonight. I drove in, like a moron.