Anyone else into car audio?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I got a new car a couple months ago- a 2018 TLX ASpec. Had a self installed system in my previous car but removed it a couple months prior to trading it. So been stuck with stock audio for about 6 months.

Started my vacation Friday, but before that I dropped my car off at an audio shop to have a system installed. Here’s what I’m getting:

Hertz Mille 3 way front stage with custom modded Apillars for the 3” mid range speakers
Hertz Mille coax for rears
2x JL audio 10TW1’s in custom fiberglass boxes in trunk corners
2x 5 channel JL audio VXI amps with built in DSP

So, for the first time ever I’m actually kind of excited about getting back from vacation. So, what’s everybody else here pushing in their ride?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Audio install is done. Had to make a road trip to see my dad after heart surgery as soon as i got back in town. Got to pump these speakers for a solid 8 hours. Sounds amazing. Im on my phone but ill post pics later.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, pics, finally!

First up, the subs! 2 10” JL audio 10Tw1’s in custom fiberglass boxes.

Next, the brains of the operation. Sorta. Fix 82 and vxi hub.

These might be the actual brains, depending on how you look at it. 2 5 channel vxi’s pushing 700 Watts each- 100 on each speaker channel and 300 to each of the two subs.

Custom A pillars for the 3way front stage. Tweeters and the 3” mid range are in here. As a reminder, it’s a Hertz Mille 3 way front stage, with Mille coax speakers in the rear deck. We dropped the rear door speakers and the center.

Control knob mounted in the center console. Bottom dial will fade the rear speakers up or down, which is nice for when I’ve got my dogs in the car. Top knob is for sub volume. It’s clickable, which switches between tunes. 1st is standard 3 way, with rear speakers(I like rear fill) and all speakers are time aligned to hit the drivers ears at the same instant. 2nd goes to a front stage only stereo mode. Tuned for having a passenger and it imaging for both. Forgot to take a pic but there’s an indicator light in the cup holder, red or green, so I know which tune I’m on.

All in all, sounds amazing!