The Mystery of Declining Male Testosterone??

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Rascal you tested young mens testosterone?
    One group that watched extensive porn and therefore had less interaction with real chicks.
    And
    One group that didn't watch excessive porn and therefore desired normal interaction with girls?
    I know that we all know masturbation is normal and healthy.
    But you don't have the data to say excessive porn consumption in kids changes hormones or not.
    Just device use alone throughout puberty has unknown health consequences.
    The tech companies have reported it.
    Mix that with unrealistic visual stimulation.
    Just like I'm not sure that it does....your not sure that it Dosnt.
    This type of access is brand new.
    Only a generation old.
    Your a young man did you have unlimited internet access 12-17 years old?
    I can say the exact same to you, though. Show me the data proving watching porn effects a teenagers testosterone levels.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I can say the exact same to you, though. Show me the data proving watching porn effects a teenagers testosterone levels.
    Agreed indeed it may then.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    So i can't say forsure it does....but I think its a piece to the puzzle.
    You have the right to think it is a piece to the puzzle. But, when it comes to testosterone levels, it is likely a corner piece that is not very important in solving the entire puzzle, when there are countless studies proving there are other things affecting human and other animals' test levels.

    Watching porn can play a PSYCHOLOGICAL role in affecting ones sex life. But, not likely to cause much hormonal damage from I have seen or experienced. I have been the typical teenager, watching porn daily throughout my middle school years, and have never had an issue in testosterone levels. Finding it harder to get aroused around the typical female because I would be comparing them to porn stars? Damn straight, but as you get older you typically* grow out of that and are fine.

    *Typically meaning, those that are not legitimately addicted. That would cause a whole different argument/conversation about addiction and how addictive habits affect hormones alone.

    I am not saying you are wrong, or that you can't have your own opinions or hypotheses.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    You have the right to think it is a piece to the puzzle. But, when it comes to testosterone levels, it is likely a corner piece that is not very important in solving the entire puzzle, when there are countless studies proving there are other things affecting human and other animals' test levels.

    Watching porn can play a PSYCHOLOGICAL role in affecting ones sex life. But, not likely to cause much hormonal damage from I have seen or experienced. I have been the typical teenager, watching porn daily throughout my middle school years, and have never had an issue in testosterone levels. Finding it harder to get aroused around the typical female because I would be comparing them to porn stars? Damn straight, but as you get older you typically* grow out of that and are fine.

    *Typically meaning, those that are not legitimately addicted. That would cause a whole different argument/conversation about addiction and how addictive habits affect hormones alone.

    I am not saying you are wrong, or that you can't have your own opinions or hypotheses.
    Word

  5. Awesome topic for discussion! Since the Industrial Revolution male hormone levels have dropped Exponentially. Heavy metals in the environment are a definite issue, more phytoestrogens in the food supply as well. Personally I think anothe rmajor nail in that coffin was the vilification of dietary fats from the mid 60s through the 90s and the attempts to replace them with "healthier" man made options...margarine, olestra, etc anyone?

    Didnt have time to read through so sorry if Ive parroted anything, but wanted to pop my 2 cents into the discussion!

    EDIT: Dont forget the phytochemicals that are present in things like BPA and BSA...hell even the crap they coat receipts with is a super powerful synthetic estrogen. It almost seems like a damned conspiracy when you start to add everything up.
    •   
       


  6. Yup the idea that fat made you fat was terrible for men

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    You have the right to think it is a piece to the puzzle. But, when it comes to testosterone levels, it is likely a corner piece that is not very important in solving the entire puzzle, when there are countless studies proving there are other things affecting human and other animals' test levels.

    Watching porn can play a PSYCHOLOGICAL role in affecting ones sex life. But, not likely to cause much hormonal damage from I have seen or experienced. I have been the typical teenager, watching porn daily throughout my middle school years, and have never had an issue in testosterone levels. Finding it harder to get aroused around the typical female because I would be comparing them to porn stars? Damn straight, but as you get older you typically* grow out of that and are fine.

    *Typically meaning, those that are not legitimately addicted. That would cause a whole different argument/conversation about addiction and how addictive habits affect hormones alone.

    I am not saying you are wrong, or that you can't have your own opinions or hypotheses.
    I think this is probably true. I thought studies had been done which shows porn can actually cause temporary spikes in T.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by OldGreyFitGuy View Post
    Awesome topic for discussion! Since the Industrial Revolution male hormone levels have dropped Exponentially. Heavy metals in the environment are a definite issue, more phytoestrogens in the food supply as well. Personally I think anothe rmajor nail in that coffin was the vilification of dietary fats from the mid 60s through the 90s and the attempts to replace them with "healthier" man made options...margarine, olestra, etc anyone?

    Didnt have time to read through so sorry if Ive parroted anything, but wanted to pop my 2 cents into the discussion!

    EDIT: Dont forget the phytochemicals that are present in things like BPA and BSA...hell even the crap they coat receipts with is a super powerful synthetic estrogen. It almost seems like a damned conspiracy when you start to add everything up.
    I also agree with this. It seems sorta simple to me. If you want to be primal, then act primal and eat primal.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    I think this is probably true. I thought studies had been done which shows porn can actually cause temporary spikes in T.
    When the wife and I watch porn something spikes!!!!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prostate - The Myth of Cancer and testosterone
    By Toff in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 10:55 PM
  2. MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!
    By MidwestBeast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 407
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 03:23 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 02:55 AM
  5. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 12:19 AM
Log in
Log in