Why do you lift?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I lift for a variety of reasons. I want the strength to make my job easier to be able to handle things other men cant if its from mental toughness or physical strength whichever. I want to be big enough for people to look twice (one of the reasons being the same as @lukehayd's lol) i want to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye as well as have extreme funtional physical power. Also its my escape. Im a framer and work on a large crew of guys all day and ive got 3 kids and a pregnant wife so in between work and going home the gym is my alone time to reset and recharge. All those reasons and just because i love it

2. Pride, ego, mental clarity, confidence, the future, libido, the challenge, preparedness, anti aging, and motivation. No particular order
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Pride, ego, mental clarity, confidence, the future, libido, the challenge, preparedness, anti aging, and motivation. No particular order
    What did you mean by "preparedness"?

Preparedness as in you're prepared to run away from a grizzly bear with great speed thanks to your leg strength? Something like that? lol

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zombocalypse View Post

Preparedness as in you're prepared to run away from a grizzly bear with great speed thanks to your leg strength? Something like that? lol
    What planet are you on good sir?

5. I lift because I like it. Another reasons, I pretty much hate all team sports and thai boxing made me look like a panda
    •   

6. I said that when I look at myself in the mirror, I still think I look small but when I see pics like this, I think differently. This is Christmas at my in-laws' place. I think I must have been trying to pop my neck. ?? Lol!
    15203445580041.jpg

It's pics like this that cause @Studhorse and @SFreed to call me fata$$.
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

7. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I said that when I look at myself in the mirror, I still think I look small but when I see pics like this, I think differently. This is Christmas at my in-laws' place. I think I must have been trying to pop my neck. ?? Lol!
    15203445580041.jpg

(Fata$$)
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I said that when I look at myself in the mirror, I still think I look small but when I see pics like this, I think differently. This is Christmas at my in-laws' place. I think I must have been trying to pop my neck. ?? Lol!
    15203445580041.jpg

Looks like good times to me! Fat A ss!
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Zombocalypse View Post
    Why do you lift?

I want you to take the question seriously and not just post half-witty one-liners. I want this to be at least somewhat profound. I expect good things from this thread...

Me, personally, I lift because I'm convinced that nothing is more awe-inspiring than lifting heavy weights. It is, to me, the purest and most savage form of manliness-display in the universe. It isn't like martial arts or warfare where you can win with cheap tactics. In weightlifting (or powerlifting), the strongest man will always win. Yes, technique is important, but not as important as raw, physical strength. You can't cheat...
    I do it because I enjoy it.
    I do it because I want to build the best version of me I can.
    I do it as an expression of being a human and a man, to challenge my own masculinity and remind myself I'm here to hunt and kill and survive. For the surge in testosterone, libido, and all things that remind me that I am man.
    I do it to compete, to be stronger, fitter, faster than anyone else.
    I do it out of vanity to be the best on the beach when I take my shirt off.
    I do it for health because I do not want to struggle to lift a lawn mower, or get winded climbing stairs.
    I do it for therapy because the exercise helps to calm me and gives me a place to block out real life for an hour a day
    I do it because I have always been more drawn to sport than tv and video games
    I do it to set an example for my son and I do it so that life is just "easier" when I'm working, hunting, hiking, swimming, or doing anything that requires me to be an actual functional human.

I think there are many reasons I do it, although I can't lie that addiction also probably plays a role now and I do not like how my mood sinks if I don't go to the gym for a week.

10. I need to be 100% sure that if I'm ever single again, I stand a chance against all of these guys that understand social media
    kaos weckt das beste in uns. ruhe in frieden bruder

11. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    (Fata$$)
    Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Looks like good times to me! Fat A ss!
    Thanks for not disappointing me guys.

12. your not as fat as me.
    1-26-2018 a.jpg

13. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    your not as fat as me.
    1-26-2018 a.jpg
    Hahahaha! Now stand up straight and quit pushing it out.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    your not as fat as me.
    1-26-2018 a.jpg
    And you can see he got an early start.....

funny-good-humor-ice-cream-01.jpg
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

15. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    And you can see he got an early start.....

funny-good-humor-ice-cream-01.jpg
    Im proud to say that underwear still fits! lol

16. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hahahaha! Now stand up straight and quit pushing it out.
    SIR! YES SIR!
    Side 1-26-2018.jpg

17. Quote Originally Posted by Zombocalypse View Post

I lift so I can stay and fight vs running away

18. I started powerlifting after my college playing days were over. well it took a year!

My first job out of college I gained 30 lbs. In one year. A broke a ss college student with a company fridge full of pop. was drinking 6-8 mountain dews a day. Working 10-12 hrs a day. no exercise except lifting beers after work at the bar with co workers.

Got out of the shower one morning and was disgusted with what I saw in the mirror. I had always been athletic and I let myself go pretty fast.

Now I'm addicted to it and really helps with my stress levels.
    Plus my wife is hot and younger than me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 653
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 01:46 PM
  2. Why do you lift?
    By FranARG in forum General Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
  3. Frustrated lean bulkers: why do YOU gain fat?
    By DieTrying in forum Bulking
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
  4. Why do you even mess with Humalin R?
    By Mr.Sparkle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 12:49 AM
  5. Why do you get so damn hungry on CKD?
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:32 PM