Meds across the border with an RX

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
Does anyone know the legality of going to mexico to buy meds that you are legally prescribed to in the US? Is there some sort of form/documentation I can take to avoid the border patrol hassling me?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd check out Legal Muscle by Rick Collins. He has a whole chapter. Would be a good investment if you are really going to do it.

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
I checked another thread and it said you are allowed to bring back a 90 day supply, but according to the US Customs Web site...
"The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits persons from importing into the U.S. any prescription drug that has not been approved for sale by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or which is adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the Act. Moreover, in those instances where a U.S. manufacturer makes an FDA-approved prescription drug and sends it abroad, the Act also prohibits any person other than the original manufacturer from importing the drug back into the U.S. Thus, in virtually all instances, individual citizens are prohibited from importing prescription drugs into the U.S."

Any insight?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
J - I do remember one story from LM (may be a little fuzzy - been a while) about a woman bringing back 3 mos. worth of a medicine she had a script for. Customs cleared her, but a cop that stopped her in TX or LA or some state fairly close to the border ended up putting her in jail for importation (or some charge). Turns out that state didn't allow importation of drugs.

Let me see what I can dig up.

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
Thanks jmh I appreciate the help, in addition I'm going to call the customs office tomorrow and see exactly what they allow and hopefully a reference to the individual state laws and post it here, someone may find it useful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Supplements 12
Supplements 0
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 13
Shiznitzz Anabolics 0