the perfect gym

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Upon relocating back to Virginia, I questioned the ability to find a decent gym, however...........I've found the holy grail of gyms. It's totally 'old-school' everything with none of that prissy **** that you see at 24 hour or Bally's. Everything is old and rusty. They blast heavy metal and hard rock. They have every piece of equipment imaginable. You can be as loud as you want, i.e. weights banging on the floor, screaming is accepted too. It's mostly empty because only the truly "hard-core" lifters go there, and there ain't that many around here. In short, it's awesome. I'm in heaven. Not to mention, there's a Hooters 10 minutes away with a costco and super-walmart within 5 minutes of my place. To hell with Cali and their 3 bucks for gas. :rasp: sorry kwyck. :rofl:

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I workout at a "Bally's" type ****, your gym sounds awesome Beelz, I don't think I am gonna drive 2 1/2 hrs to it though :). Sounds like you got a nice little setup, hope all works out well.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I workout at a "Bally's" type ****, your gym sounds awesome Beelz, I don't think I am gonna drive 2 1/2 hrs to it though :). Sounds like you got a nice little setup, hope all works out well.
time to move up here bro. i got a futon. :lol:

coofoostu

Awards
Sounds awsome, Its amazing how the right equipment can make all the difference in your physique, especially the calves. If I go looking for a new gym, I always go to look at the calf machines. Because i know i can build the other muscles with the basic free weight exercises, but calf size is dependent on the machines they have.

Cursed

Awards
i work out at one of the big gyms, a lot of em (locations) actually, and theres not one friggin t bar row station to be found. not one. cable crossovers? sure we got six stations. wanna squat? there ya go, theres one squat cage over there, but theres some kids in there doing curls with 10's on the bar and spotting each other. deadlifts you say? oh yea, we got a deadlift station with a bar for ya, but theres some kids using it to do curls with 10's on the bar....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Upon relocating back to Virginia, I questioned the ability to find a decent gym, however...........I've found the holy grail of gyms. It's totally 'old-school' everything with none of that prissy **** that you see at 24 hour or Bally's. Everything is old and rusty. They blast heavy metal and hard rock. They have every piece of equipment imaginable. You can be as loud as you want, i.e. weights banging on the floor, screaming is accepted too. It's mostly empty because only the truly "hard-core" lifters go there, and there ain't that many around here. In short, it's awesome. I'm in heaven. Not to mention, there's a Hooters 10 minutes away with a costco and super-walmart within 5 minutes of my place. To hell with Cali and their 3 bucks for gas. :rasp: sorry kwyck. :rofl:
I'm envious you East-Coast Bastard! :D Gas is down to 2.15 here, now. LOL. Still high...but, I'm not a fan of Cali anyway...So, when I finish school, I'll be getting out of here ASAP!

Glad to hear all is well back there Beelze!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i work out at one of the big gyms, a lot of em (locations) actually, and theres not one friggin t bar row station to be found. not one. cable crossovers? sure we got six stations. wanna squat? there ya go, theres one squat cage over there, but theres some kids in there doing curls with 10's on the bar and spotting each other. deadlifts you say? oh yea, we got a deadlift station with a bar for ya, but theres some kids using it to do curls with 10's on the bar....
sounds similar to the 24 hour fitness i used to work out at in oceanside, cali. i feel your pain.
i knew i had found a good gym this time around when i walked in and saw 4 squat stations all lined up beside each other.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm envious you East-Coast Bastard! :D Gas is down to 2.15 here, now. LOL. Still high...but, I'm not a fan of Cali anyway...So, when I finish school, I'll be getting out of here ASAP!

Yup, gas, cost of housing, and other BS are gonna send people in our age bracket out of Cali. But the weather kicks ass.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Yup, gas, cost of housing, and other BS are gonna send people in our age bracket out of Cali. But the weather kicks ass.
no doubt. the weather is awesome but i refuse to pay for it. :smite:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

You motherfuckers! It's still 2.35 on Long Island. :frustrate

Your gym sounds like fucking heaven, Beelze. I'm moving to Virginia. Tomorrow.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Hey it's only 2.03 here and I drive a rice rocket so I am doing ok. Hey Beelz I'll move in as long as I don't have to pay rent or do sexual favors :lol: .

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hey it's only 2.03 here and I drive a rice rocket so I am doing ok. Hey Beelz I'll move in as long as I don't have to pay rent or do sexual favors :lol: .
I've got a Honda Civic. It helps a little.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Where in Virginia? And Fvck Cali (at least LA)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I'm in MN and it sounds like my gym, owened by competitive bb-er. It's awesome, Beelze, you found heaven, but do you have 24/7 access? I do.:poke: :smite:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

That's the avg. here in Cali...there are just a few low stations around ;)

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've got a Honda Civic. It helps a little.
My buddy has one of the new F-150 FX4's and his gas bill is like 50 or 60 every two weeks compared to my 25 every two weeks. That's alot of protein :).

BigSwede

Awards
Yeah, my biz partner bought an H1 Hummer Alpha... it's a gas to watch the gauge drop before your eyes on the interstate. Gotta admit it's a sick vehicle, tho. A huge target for vandals... my buddy had it 3 days before someone keyed the door with a huge, "OINK" ... man, there's $800 for new paint on that 6061-T6 aluminum door.

OK, done with my rambling.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'm in MN and it sounds like my gym, owened by competitive bb-er. It's awesome, Beelze, you found heaven, but do you have 24/7 access? I do.:poke: :smite:
nah, not 24 hours but i don't lift at weird times of the morning anyway. 5am-11pm are good hours to me.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
nah, not 24 hours but i don't lift at weird times of the morning anyway. 5am-11pm are good hours to me.
LOL Me neither but it's nice to have options:p

The only thing I don't like is fucking classic rock radio station, but nothing you can't fix with cd player.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
not being too exact but in the richmond area.
Oddly enough I was thinking of moving to Virginia. I'm dying to get out of NY right now. It's just when I leave Long Island there's so much... space. Everywhere. Here you take a five minute drive you're in a new town with new bars and dfferent people. Off this island and outside the city, everything is so damn spread out. It's an odd feeling, almost an anticlaustrophobia.

I love classic rock, but not to workout to. For workouts oddly enough I prefer classic jazz or real rhythmic international music, like African drumming or stuff like that.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough I was thinking of moving to Virginia. I'm dying to get out of NY right now. It's just when I leave Long Island there's so much... space. Everywhere. Here you take a five minute drive you're in a new town with new bars and dfferent people. Off this island and outside the city, everything is so damn spread out. It's an odd feeling, almost an anticlaustrophobia.

I love classic rock, but not to workout to. For workouts oddly enough I prefer classic jazz or real rhythmic international music, like African drumming or stuff like that.
well, come on down city-boy. :cheers:

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
Good to hear you found a gym. I can't stand this fucking gym we have. They rearranged it and you don't even have room to let out a protein fart. People are so far up your ass while you're trying to lift it pisses me off. Fuckers always bumping into you or the weights and then to top it off they play the only american radio station here and it is run by a bunch of fags who I guess like the same music, because the same songs are played day after day. Needless to say I workout as quickly as possible and get the hell out of there. Enough of my ranting. Glad to hear all is well in VA. Take it easy!

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
I just lifted at the most busted ass warehouse style world gym because i was out of town...looked like it was straight out of the animal pak advertisment

littleJ

Awards
Damn! That sounds flippin awsome. I work out at Golds Gym whitch plays nothing but the soft core 80's crap. I dont know about yall but I always get pumped when I hear George Michaels 'I want your sex'.