I bet Glenihan runs from here haha..

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Not to give it up, but I was expecting something different to come out. That gave me the creeps. I actually felt sorry for whitey. :sad: But, he was a dumb ass for going around it after running away first.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
do spiders even eat mice? If not then whomever did this just cuz "it would be cool" is a total douch bag.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Found this on the web:

Crickets and locusts are usually available from pet shops that sell tarantulas and reptiles and you can try other livestock which you catch yourself, such as moths and caterpillars. Some will even eat earthworms. A tarantula of about 3-4 cm in body length will eat 8-10 crickets each week although it will survive on less. You can in an emergency also feed your tarantula on cubes of beef heart though this mill be lacking nutrients if it is the sole diet. Like most arachnids tarantulas seem happier with a bit of variety in their diet. The prey items you feed your tarantula should be quite a bit smaller than the tarantula. Small spiderlings can be fed on large aphids, flightless fruitflies and newly hatched crickets (called pinheads in pet shops). As you spider moults and grows so the size of the prey it can eat will increase.
So pet Tarantuals mainly eat insects - not mammals. Whoever filmed that vid is an asshole, and Id like to kick his ass.

BV

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Found this on the web:

So pet Tarantuals mainly eat insects - not mammals. Whoever filmed that vid is an asshole, and Id like to kick his ass.

BV
Hmm interesting, didn't know what the hell they ate. Just hate to trick glenihan into watching it haha.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
big animal person here--whomever filmed it is a ****.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
No, there is a breed of spiders that do eat larger animals. I can't remember what they are called, or where they originate from. But, I do remember seeing something about it on an animal show or something. It showed them going after mice, birds, and other animals.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
..why the **** do i ever open videos posted here .. excuse me while i get a brown paper bag to breath into to calm my hyperventalating....

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
its a Brazilian Tarantula I believe... they eat bullfrogs and small birds...
they are usually about 6-9 inches in diameter

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
..why the **** do i ever open videos posted here .. excuse me while i get a brown paper bag to breath into to calm my hyperventalating....
:icon_lol:

I think those types of spiders are routinely found in peoples matresses and shoes, and come out only when it's dark and quiet. :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hmm interesting, didn't know what the hell they ate. Just hate to trick glenihan into watching it haha.
Oh no man it's a cool vid and all - I love seeing that stuff on the nature channel and everything...it just looks like some schmuck filmed that mouse getting attacked by the tarantula just because it was cool.

its a Brazilian Tarantula I believe... they eat bullfrogs and small birds...
they are usually about 6-9 inches in diameter
That spider didnt look that big though. Some tarantuals get as big as 14" in diameter. Imagine what they eat:D

BV

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I see I'm not the only animal advocate here. The video didn't bother me much, I kind of equate it to snakes being fed mice, but yeah, if the spider wasn't eating, but merely attacking, that's kind lame of the owner. My sister and I had mice as pets when we were kids. They were more fun than the gerbils or hamsters we had before them. We could let them out and usually they'd come back to us, but one time my mouse ran away. He was gone 3 months before he finally came out from under the oven one day, looking healthy, but thinner. He walked right into my hand. I had him a couple of years longer before he finally died.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Sorry Glen I had to drag you down with me cause I got duked into opening it too and I know you hate them as much as I do. The scariest part is when it FIRST pops out cause you are expecting a snake! I honestly bout died. Then it attacked and I felt something on my foot at same time and freaked out!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Large T`s such as Birdeaters eat rodents... they bite and inject and the insides dissolve.. then they suck them out leaving only a mouse baggie to clean up:blink:

However you should at least knock out the mouse because T`s also get eaten by rodents... a mouse like that would last a grown T a week or more instead of feeding it crickets all the time... pinkie mice would be better.
If you guys want I will locate a vid from Piranha-Fury where they feed a live mouse to 7 full grown Red Bellies :lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Holy ****. I didn't think that was possible :eek:

size

Awards
  • Established

What if there is a spider in the paper bag????????? :lol:

hoSSo

Awards
I actualy have that same tarantula, its called Rose tarantula (grammostola rosea) , and they're pretty much harmless. All I feed her is crickets, but whoever did that video is an idiot, because not only is that mouse overkill for the spider to eat, but the spider could've injured itself or even get killed while attempting to catch the mouse.

TrainTilUDrop

Awards
I actualy have that same tarantula, its called Rose tarantula (grammostola rosea) , and they're pretty much harmless. All I feed her is crickets, but whoever did that video is an idiot, because not only is that mouse overkill for the spider to eat, but the spider could've injured itself or even get killed while attempting to catch the mouse.
ahhh why on earth would you own one! ::hides head under pillow::